main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Darth Vader in Kenobi Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I know it was Kenobi!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Django Fett likes this.
  2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Probably they'll have a stand in when Vader is masked up in long shots, such as Daniel Naprous in RO. Scenes in Vader's bacta tank or in his meditation chamber won't be any problem. Close ups it's so easy to fool an audience. As good as HC became with his sword play I'd like to see him do any lightsaber fighting, HC could've easily done the RO scene. I wonder if they'll dare to do a scene where Vader's mask is damaged in a battle and it leaves his face partly exposed, if they can do that it'll surely be "must see" scene.

3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They didn't use CGI to make him taller. He had platforms in the boots. And he was still bit shorter than Vader in the OT.

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    After they did the whole, “somehow Palpatine has returned” thing Disney realized they could do that with everything!

Somehow Vader is in this.

5. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Obi-Wan v Vader II seems like an easy enough retcon, I’m all for it if the quality of the story justifies it, which I’m sure it will. Hell if I can accept Maul’s return I can certainly accept this

Cyber Spark likes this.
  6. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Im sorry for my negativity earlier. Vader is my second favorite character in the franchise, and I do NOT want him ruined. After the prequels I was so down on him, as I really think they did not do a good job of it. Of course the poor direction and horrible dialogue/writing in the PT didn't help HC much, he did not have a lot to go with.

After RO and Rebels my faith in the future of the character was reignited. So Im keeping my fingers crossed that with a new, more competent director, Hayden can pull it off. It HAS to be JEJ voicing him though when he's wearing the mask.

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It’s much easier to accept if the fight happens off world and Vader doesn’t know where Kenobi is hiding out.

ThisIsTheWay, Kole and DarthFixxxer like this.
  8. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Vader appeared in the prequels for a total of about 15 minutes and I was totally amazed by how amazing he was shown.

As for Anakin, he is one of my favorite characters precisely because I think Lucas did an amazing job with him in the prequels.

But to each their own. I just don't understand how the dialogue is horrible for some people.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    makare2000, darkspine10, Lee_ and 3 others like this.
  9. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    I agree, on Tatooine would be stretching it way too far

themoth likes this.
  10. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Ill use one example. Sand.

Hayden Christensen's performance did not make me fell the tragedy of the situation at all.

11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    So, one line or even 3-4, ruin the whole dialogue of the prequels? I never got that logic :p
    Only Sith deal in absolutes! :p

12. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    LOL, true. I only used one example of poor acting. There were many, in my opinion.

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'd like to see Hayden as this Vader.

[​IMG]

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Like there's wiggle room for a full on physical rematch, not a lot but they can get away with it. Although Force-plane battle confrontation could work as well. I can go either way. Physical would take away from the power of the ANH duel though.

I'm thinking Hayden will mean a lot of meditation and milk bath scenes. Or they could go with helmet damage Vader (Which while comics and games have done it a lot hasn't been done in live action), kind of like Twilight of the Apprentice where they broke the helmet and Vader's voice changed to Anakin's voice.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  15. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    If they do a duel, it has to be Hayden. Spencer Wilding doesn't have the saber experience that Hayden does, especially when it comes to dueling.

Jedi Knight Fett, wobbits and Shamear like this.
  16. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    What if it's flashbacks to unseen moments in the Mustafar duel? Maybe they address the "once thought as you do" bit by inserting it there. Or maybe not. I just don't see them using Hayden for Suit Vader, at least not in a fight scene. I'm thinking a PT era flashback to good Anakin is more likely for HC. Not that he couldn't play unmasked Vader in close ups as well. But not the man in the suit. If there is a suit.

Mostly Handless and Pensivia like this.
  17. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I’m totally okay with a meeting/rematch.

In fact, their meeting in ANH seems way too tame and impersonal for their first reunion since ROTS, what with Obi-Wan merely calling him a master of evil, and no discussion on Anakin’s appearance, of which Obiwan is responsible. Even Obiwan calling him Darth seems strange in a way.

I imagine in these ten years, there will be a sense of guilt brewing in Obi-Wan and perhaps a lingering hope that he could bring Anakin back to the light, and that’s what their first meeting will be like, with Obi-Wan still referring to him as Anakin and still talking to him like his old friend.

Basically I think Obi-Wan will learn the hard way that even he can’t save Anakin (perhaps with Anakin murdering Obiwan’s new love interest..?), and will realize that he’s truly gone, truly evil, thus why he no longer calls him Anakin in ANH.

But given the dialogue in ANH I imagine Obi-Wan will be the victor ( the master), claiming that Vader will forever be the learner.

I expect to see a scene between Obi-Wan and a defeated Vader, unmasked, with Obi-Wan no longer seeing Anakin in there, and finally referring to him as Darth/Vader, perhaps even blaming him for betraying and murdering Anakin, Obi-Wan’s way of coping with the guilt, by truly viewing him as a separate entity.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  18. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I don't think Vader & Obi-Wan will have a full-on crazy lightsaber duel, rather something more akin to the Rogue One hallway scene and Obi-Wan and Maul's fateful encounter in Rebels.

Some bitter words exchanged, super brief saber action, force prowess.

I also think Hayden will likely have some scenes of an unmasked and disfigured Vader meditating and flashbacks of when they were on good terms.

How lucky are the makeup and effects people that Hayden has aged so gracefully.

I'm so happy that he gets a chance to play Anakin again. He's such a big part of this story... He got to be a part of some of the most pivotal turning points in the Star Wars saga.

It took some time, but the main pillar of the prequel era (the character of Anakin) will finally be returning in a live-action production.

What a moment.

DarthKreVass, DannyD and themoth like this.
  19. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Problem with that is you need to justify why Obi-Wan didn’t just kill him than and there.

If they fight again, I truly think it either needs to be to a stand still, inconclusive or leaning in Vader’s favor. Something that shows Obi-Wan that he can’t save Vader nor beat him. Which, of course, is why he retreats to Tatooine to resume his watch over Luke.

20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Stormtroopers arrive, Kenobi is about to be captured, and he has no choice but to flee. Similar to the Sidious/Yoda duel in ROTS. I could accept that.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is basically going to be a direct sequel to ROTS. Just let that sink in. Amazing.

22. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    We'll just go back and edit Vader's lines.

A presence I haven't felt since..... and change it to, A presence I've felt a few times since......

Or when he speaks with Tarkin, A tremor in the force. I last felt in the presence of my old master. Change it to, A tremor in the Force. I feel it every time I am near my old master.(spoken with a swoon in his voice)

And at the end of their conversation, I must face him alone!!! Change it to, I don't want to face him. I keep losing to him. I can't beat him. We'll have Hayden Christensen voice that line though. We'll need a ton of whine to make it work.

When I left you, I was the learner. Now I am the master. We can change it to, When I left you, I was the learner. And when I wasn't able to kill you ten years ago when we had that warmup practice duel, I was still the learner. But, now, NOW, I am the master.

So go ahead and have them fight. I mean it's not like we cannot fix the continuity and canon issues it would create. And who cares if it makes Vader look incompetent that he cannot kill Obi-Wan despite supposedly being far more skilled and powerful.

23. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Maybe Lucasfilm introduced projection and healing on-screen in the sequel trilogy, so the powers could also feature in the Obi-Wan series when it comes out.

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Exactly. The dialogue clearly will have to give a sense of what is going on at the time, and what has led to it over the last 8 years; otherwise we won't be able to understand the circumstances. We will learn about the purge and such.

Remember, Yoda said they would go into solitude, but he never said there were no circumstances that would call for travel elsewhere. Which he surely will, which is what will lead to the scene (s) with Hayden.

We will have some scenes of Hayden as Vader with his mask off, brooding about his lost love and his tormented life. Maybe not exactly that, but point is- there are ways to have more than just Vader in full suit with JEJ's voice- they will have Hayden acting in the flesh in this as Vader, I assure you (I mean in addition to the flashbacks/visions and such). This will not be a cameo kind of thing, Hayden will be a player in this series that gets some time.

wobbits and Krueger like this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if they''ll address why Obi-Wan calls Vader "Darth" in ANH, could it be because he knows it angers Anakin or may be it's a respect thing???