main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are not seeing the tag. Because the tag has not even been made yet. Have mercy, Disney told us we needed 25 new tags over the course of half an hour.

2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I just figured I was going senile. Can you make that tag, too?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Would be cool to make a video that integrates scenes like that with the live action scenes.

5. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Disney+ has all essential Ahsoka Tano episodes from TCW and Rebels listed in it own, easy to use section!!

6. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    Yay! Not enough episodes listed but a good start. Thanks for the heads-up.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's awesome. :) I'm glad that they did that.

8. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    So they're doing some Ahsoka promotion for those being introduced to her through Mando and/or the spinoff announcement. [face_thinking] I wonder if (or hope) the series was already in the works when Rosario Dawson filmed for Chapter 13. It'll be so cool if the series is coming next fall, if Mando season 3 is premiering closer to the end of the year.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    rumblewagon likes this.
  9. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Yeah, I'd say every Ahsoka episode is an essential Ahsoka episode. I noticed they didn't include all the episodes of the Season 5 final arc nor the Mortis trilogy. But if the ones they listed pique the interest of new viewers that's always a plus.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    BadAcrobat likes this.
  10. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    They could end up curious about other episodes, too, for instance to see how the rest of the Ryloth arc plays out.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If you gotta watch TCW quickly I wouldn’t do just a focus on one character or else you miss out on some of the best content of the show.

12. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Everytime I see something like this, I have to pinch myself. Not in my wildest dreams, not ten years ago, not even one year ago, could I have imagined we would be seeing Ahsoka Tano in her own live action series!

13. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s way more impressive that ****ing Zuko was number 1 from a show that came ended 12 years ago. Much more impressive than Ahsoka.

15. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    You're not seeing the larger picture. It's cuz Avatar was put on Netflix and Filoni worked on Season 1 of Avatar. That's pure win for Filoni.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Eh. He did direct many episodes of the first season but I think he does get a bit to much credit for it. Ahsoka is way more his character than Zuko ever was. Let’s say Ahsoka is 1/2 his character Zuko would be like 1/35th his character. You get what I mean

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Why is the vikings dude, there he is a bore of a bad show. Also Ciri is number 3 yaay.

18. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Stumbled across this video and what struck me is how the editor brightened the Mandalorian footage and how similar it looks to some of the animation footage.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Very cool. Now all we need is for someone to repost that video with music that’s tolerable. ;)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Agreed.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Well, that's because Zuko redefined how good a redemption arc could be, and Netflix launched this absolutely fantastic show to even greater popularity.

I don't think it says anything negative about Ahsoka. I love that she made 3rd for the year. As someone posted above, I can't believe I live in a world that now has a pretty famous actress playing a live-action Ahsoka, with her own series coming, to boot!

DarthFixxxer and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I thought you were exaggerating, but I had to close the tab with that video 20 seconds in because of the music.... :p

23. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I was really against this character (just being in The Mandalorian - not her own show) but her portrayal was done really well and...I...must...say...I liked the fight with The Magistrate (that style of fight) almost more than any other we have seen. That was brilliant =D=

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The intercutting between that samurai duel and the standoff between Din and Biehn's character even went further to enhance it, in my opinion. Really great presentation showing off the dichotomy of the show's two core wells of inspiration playing out concurrently. The Jedi is one of the most raw, distilled, "pure" Star Wars experiences to come out of the Disney era, honestly.

25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    "The Jedi" is a quantum leap for Filoni as a director. I love the guy and his overall creative vision but his live action direction up to that point had been good but prone to some distraction and clunkiness. That episode hit the ground running, knowing what it was and how best to do its job, and was damned near flawless. I kinda knew he had it in him, but it was still kind of shocking to see it done that well.