main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Zack Snyder was on Preston and Steve (WMMR morning radio program) and he said/claimed that he has NOT watched Whedon's Justice League so the unseen footage could just be the movie itself. :p [face_dunno]

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    trying to figure out big differences in the two cuts from the teasers, you see Cyborg hammering away at a grave site so maybe that's the supermarn exhumation scene but instead of him an Barry cracking wise, he just tears out Superman's corpse in a fit of emo rage. don't see anything from the resurrection scene itself, aside from him at the farm afterwards, so maybe that whole bit is entirely different. (bit of a shame since Superman seeing Barry in the speed force is possibly the best bit of the whole movie)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Pretty sure it’s the only part of the movie anyone even remembers.

4. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    kinda sorta movie-related, but just unveiled in burbank:

replace confederate monuments with dc comics ones plz

also I want one

6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    ^ That's a cool statue!

I watched a neat interview on YouTube that Zach Snyder gave just recently; it was good. I won't say with who as I know she is hated on these forums lol. :p

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I did see a quote from Synder where he said the Speed Force was bunk and that Barry is gonna tear the flesh off people's arms at that speed. Which is a very Synder-y thing to do and at this point he's going full Synder so t'hell with it. Elseworlds and that. So let's see Barry shred some arms, yo!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Warner Bros. just announced their entire 2021 slate of films will be available on HBO Max the same day as theaters for the first 31 days of release. That means for those of us who can't/don't feel comfortable going to movie theaters by late next summer, we'll be able to watch The Suicide Squad from the comfort of our homes on August 6.

Cynda and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Kyle Buchanan of the NYT thinks this really has to do with WB really wanting to shore up HBO Max and have them compete with Disney+ and Netflix:

While I do think that is part of it, I also think that is also WB hedging their bets and saying that 2021 is going to be mostly empty space when it comes to massive releases at the movie houses plus they also see where the ball is heading. The "home economy" is here to stay even well after the pandemic is over with.

In one way I am really sad about this since this really marks the end of the movies as we know with Avengers: End Game being the last of it's kind. Yes you will eventually massive releases that will make big bucks at the box office but not like we seen before. The trend was going this way before obviously as we spent years talking about it but man did the end of the cinema experience as we all knew it come to a fast and hard end.

But the more selfish part of me is happy. I must admit for the point I am at my life (soon to be in my mid forties with a wife and three kids) being able to stay at home on a Saturday night and pressing "play" on my remote to watch a movie is so much easier and cheaper then going to the theater. Yes the social share experience is gone but the trade offs are darn good though perhaps as my wife said maybe will just have dinner and movie nights at our houses with our friends instead of going out long term. We did that over the summer some so perhaps that was foreshadowing how life was going to be long term. For someone like me that is good but I can see this can hurt the younger generations development. Obviously some of my favorite memories growing up was seeing a movie in a packed theater with a bunch of strangers.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  11. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Totally poggers, now I don’t have to be ashamed about liking superheroes, because they’re for grown up adults!

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Okay...

Does he say “This movie ******* sucks!” ?

I really can’t wait for new Batman at this point. I feel bad for Affleck but this Batman is just not Batman. He’s basically Punisher in a cowl.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He says he reshot the majority of the film but he leaves in Aquaman throwing down his liquor bottle into the water.

This is Zack Snyder's vision of the Justice League: Aquaman littering the ocean.

Darth_Invidious, Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I do t know who that Carl person is, but he is wrong. This would not happen if there was no pandemic.

the pandemic may have shifted it 5-10years, but it was not happening in 2021.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    PymParticles likes this.
  16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    And now I want this to be in the movie [face_laugh]

Shaza-
    IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's truly inspiring to read all of these terribly edifying and friendly comments from such loving hardcore DC and Batman fans. [face_laugh]

Edit: edited out my own post.
    Need sleep...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Juliet316, heels1785 and PCCViking like this.
  18. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The second tweet is unavailable, but I assume it's the Batman f-bomb thing?

20. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Yep.

dp4m likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought you could get away with one F-bomb in a PG-13?

Multiple ones from Batman would be great, though, goes full Jules in Pulp Fiction.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Justice League would probably get the R rating for the graphic violence. I am looking forward to Snyder's Justice League mini series, even though I'm not very fond of his DCEU flicks. I am definitely looking forward to seeing if there's new footage of Jared Leto's Joker and/or the death of Robin. That's probably the most intriguing part of the series.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yep. Saying **** makes it cool.

And this is why Snyder wins.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, you know I somewhat liked the original Justice League (way more than Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman), and that this whole Snyder cut debacle is a terrible idea... HOWEVER! This is the first thing I've seen that's made me say "go on..." (and I hadn't heard this rumor before...)

25. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    We'll see how it goes. From what I've heard, it's literally in one scene, but it's entirely possible that I'm wrong.