main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.08 - Chapter 16 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 17, 2020.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. 10

65.2%
  2. 9

18.9%
  3. 8

9.0%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

0.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Fat Fortuna, R2D2 and so on. Completely emotional and over-whelmed right now and struggling to articulate words.

As soon as I saw a solitary X-Wing, hope was building. Then watching that black-robed figure (with a gloved right hand) cause absolute carnage in the hallways, I was still in a state of disbelief. And then the hood comes down.

The technology to de-age him back to Return of the Jedi levels is beyond amazing.

They did a great job with Carrie in Rogue One, but it was still not quite there. Even Tarkin, not quite there. But that was near faultless.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    All hype aside, the deaging effect is still not quite 100% there. It didn't quite throw me off as much as Leia's did in either Rogue One or The Rise of Skywalker, and I think this was a bit more seamless than Luke's in TroS, but there's still an element of uncanny valley here.

3. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    I have no words at all.
    As soon as I saw the XWing. I lost it. I was watching with Star Wars Theory. We were crying.

With everything that happened with Luke's character and all of this talk over the years, this scene just totally made up for it, at least for me. Thank you Lucasfilms. And they de-aged Mark Hamill!!!!

Lost it again when R2 showed up.

Loved the episode, loved the ending after the post credits. I am so excited for the future of it all!!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I cannot even put into words how unbelievably cool that entrance from Luke was. The minute the single X-Wing showed up we all knew who it was and Dave and Jon knew we would know. This was Luke Skywalker in his prime and he was an absolute force to be reckoned with. Those Dark Troopers didn’t stand a chance! Amazing. Everything I had been dreaming of since the end of ROTJ. Simply amazing. I’m crying.

5. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    So is that it now, no more Mandalorian? Is his story done?

Fifi Kenobi, Jaxxon- and Tan-Wessel like this.
  6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    We are obviously getting both.

The guy at the beginning of the Disney stream mentioned 10 new shows.

They announced 9 shows and 2 movies.

Boba Fett will be the 10th show.

Seasons 3 and 4 will focus on reclaiming Mandalore.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep I noticed that as well getting better though

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hahahahaha
    Gideon outplayed Bo-Katan.
    Mando has the Darksaber. Hahahahahahahhaahhha

9. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    That. Was. Incredible.

The Jedi was so freaking badass. He reminded me so much of Daddy Vader in Rogue One, only on the opposite side, fighting all the Dark Troopers instead of the Rebels.

And now he has Grogu! Gaah.

I cried like a baby when Din removed his helmet and said goodbye to Grogu. :_|

10. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Props to Lucasfilm for not letting that get spoiled. Thank god I stayed up till 3am

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I can't even begin to describe my feelings regarding this episode.

I was expecting Luke to show up, but like, as a small teaser. Was not expecting that epic action scene. Was certainly not expecting Grogu to go with Luke at the end. And Artoo was there too! :_|
    This was beautiful. 20/10

And I'm also thinking this was the series finale - or at least, this was The Mandalorian going on hiatus. Bring on The Book of Boba Fett.
    Oh, and...
    RIP Bib Fortuna. @};-

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Post credit scene folks! Don't touch that dial!

also Luke went full Darth Vader on a Dark Trooper! And other stuff happens too!

13. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Curiously, I thought Bib Fortuna died on the Sail Barge along with Jabba. I guess that's another retcon for the franchise. Ah well, at least he dies to Boba Fett here.

Luke Skywalker is truly awesome! Especially when he mows down the Dark Troopers like they were nothing. Further proof that Battle Droids are deadly to regular humans but pushovers to Jedi. The way he walks in is like Darth Vader in Rogue One. He's a one man army that you do not want to mess around with. Truly the son of Skywalker/Vader! And R2D2 was there! And apparently, Mark Hamill reprised the role (with some de-aging effects...

And I do love that Din reveals his face to Grogu. There's any time where his face must be revealed, it's to his adopted son.

This is truly a worth series finale in my opinion.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This was some amazing ****. I knew it was Luke the moment we saw the X-wing but that didn’t mean I wasn’t excited

15. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Why did Bo Katan accept the darksaber from Sabine but not from Din?

16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    My review of the episode is I need the bad batch right now or I’m gonna be depressed until December 2021

17. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    Same reaction when I saw the X-Wing.

Wow.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Shhhhh. They probably forgot

19. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    To be fair, the show is called The Mandalorian, not Din Djarin

Revyl Ren and Tan-Wessel like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't think it was ever canon that he died on the Barge, but I might be wrong. In Legends he survived, only to be turned into a brain in a jar.

21. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Dave must have a reason he doesn’t let small stuff like that slide.

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Ahhhhh! What an episode! Awesome to see, which is to me, the real Luke Skywalker after all these years. Plus, Boba now boss of the underworld? Absolutely loved it! :luke::greensaber:

Now the long wait until S3 hehe (oh and hopefully they’ll retcon what happened to Luke’s students, if Grogu stays with him that is [face_thinking])

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Sabine is not a warrior.

TadoFett and Tan-Wessel like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    People will cite it as another example

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  25. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    He looked good in TROS too. I think actually having Hamill there makes the difference.