main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.08 - Chapter 16 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 17, 2020.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. 10

65.2%
  2. 9

18.9%
  3. 8

9.0%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

0.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not so sure if they’ll be a season 3

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is not the end of The Mandalorian. They haven’t resolved what will happen with Din, the Darksaber and Bo-Katan. They told us right at the beginning of the episode where the next season is going. Din is joining Bo-Katan’s crusade to reclaim Mandalore.

3. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    “One X Wing wow that’s really gonna help”

All of us fans: :eek:

4. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    It's weird, they did the thing that you assumed would be the most obvious thing, but you didn't think they would do it, because it's the most obvious thing.

Anyway, Christmas came early this year.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe. It could work as one though

6. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Looks that way. Boba's gig now. Mando done I'm afraid. No Razor Crest, the rumors about Pedro, Grogu gone with Luke etc....It all fits into place. I'm surprised we didn't see Bo Katan kill him and take the Darksaber.

Brilliant episode/finale though.

Jaxxon- and Tan-Wessel like this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Before people say.......”welp Grogu is going to die now because of Jedi purge 2.0”, I think there is a good chance he will choose to not want to train as a Jedi, and stick with the Mandalorian.

Or he may be taken by Luke, but not as a student, but somewhere safe. There is still 5 more years before Luke begins to train Ben Solo and found his Academy.

8. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Way better than that movie we got last year. What was it called again?

9. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    When Luke picked up Grogu, I was expecting him to say something about Yoda

10. Just retcon the Sequels already Filoni

dorsvenabili, Erkan12, Rax and 18 others like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Abrams was wrong, The Skywalker Saga did not end with TROS, “no there is another,” Luke returns in finale! At last we get to see Master Skywalker go Jedi Bombad on the Dark Troopers. I can offically become “One with the Force now.” :)

12. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    I didn't expect to get so much of Luke in this episode. I was honestly expecting a teaser, or at least not the Jedi until season 3 but wow....I am stilll speechless.

Now we are going to get a lot of "but TLJ" and Grogu is going to get killed for the next year now....

I would honestly just make the sequels in an alternate universe.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Erkan12, Rax, ami-padme and 9 others like this.
  13. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    If Ahsoka can survive the whole Galactic Civil War and five years counting, then surely Grogu can live past the ST with a few retcons.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not happening period end of story

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Altogether, this was a 100/10. I mean, just an incredible, tense episode with jussssst the right amount of fan service. I straight up love the ST, particularly The Force Awakens and especially The Last Jedi, but christ... seeing Luke like that was good for the soul, and I don't think it detracted from Din & Co. at all, which was something I was worried about.

EDIT: Guys, stop asking for the sequels to be retconned. It's not going to happen. There's a generation of kids growing up with those movies, and the standalone films, and The Mandalorian. It's just as dumb as the "retcon the prequels" nonsense from years ago.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  16. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I bet they could make a pretty good show about this.

:cool:

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Nope.

18. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    She’s more of a warrior than Gideon

Fandalorian and Tan-Wessel like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This episode did something for me. I have not been this excited from Star Wars since TLJ and I never thought I would be again. I am glad I could get that back

20. yes

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    R2 looking down and saying "Once upon a time, I was the cute one everybody loved."

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    this was either a stealth series finale or Grogu is written out of the show or he won't show up till late season 3 cuz if it's just he's gone for an episode it wouldn't have as much impact. Luke could let him go off on his own as not a Jedi but trained to control his powers because Luke isn't a giant #@$&@# like the Jedi council were. Or Grogu gets blown up by Kylo Ren which would suck. But Luke is the Last Jedi. It's the title of the movie!

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  23. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Disney played a blinder last week by not announcing the Boba Fett spinoff show. Lets just blow everyone away and reveal at the end of The Mandalorian, after they have watch Luke kick Dark Trooper a**.

24. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Definitely. I don't know anything about how this technology works, but if you have the actual person there (regardless of age), then you are using their (older version and de-aged version) same bone structures in the end result. I guess having that same bone structure helps because then you are only having to deal with how the skin looks and the wringles and all of that other surface stuff.

And for me, it certainly was good enough.

But more importantly, whilst Hamill is still fit and able, surely there is scope for a "Luke" movie or TV series.

You need to take advantage of the moment Lucasfilm, you just have to !! Please don't leave it because you never know when your time is up. You have now proved this is possible to de-age him to a believable extent.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Could it? Yes we have the resolution of one story (although I doubt this is the last we see of Grogu) but just as that’s happening we have the setup of a new one. We have the battle to reclaim Mandalore and the conflict between Din Djarin and Bo-Katan now that Din has the Darksaber. I don’t know if we’ll see season 3 next year but there’s definitely going to be a season 3. These are plot threads that you don’t just leave unresolved.