main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series What would you like to see in the Kenobi TV series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hopeless, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Perhaps adapt that EU story with the rough Jedi turned Tusken raider.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  2. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    While my personal Star Wars aesthetic preferences are resistant to this, the established canon of young adult Anakin appearing to Luke at the end of ROTJ dictates this is possible. Further there has been at least one instance during which Qui-Gon's post death form was visible, but this seems to have occurred outside of normal spacetime, so...

3. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    For me, the reason Obi Wan is my favorite Star Wars character is because despite all the pain and all the agony he goes through, he remains strong and at becomes what I believe is the most typical Jedi you'll see. Obi Wan is somebody who at this point has lost everything. He lost his master, the person he loved, and his apprentice who he saw as his own brother, and pretty much everyone he ever knew either died or turned evil. I really hope the show focuses on the pain he is going throught at this time, and how he overcomes it. Probably ram the tragedy of it in further with flashbacks. I'm guessing we'll see him training with force ghost Qui Gon, which I can't wait to see.

I've probably said this before but I really want to see a live action version of twin suns too. A lot of you may be thinking why I need a live action version when we have one in animation. It's not because I just want to see the action in live action, but mostly because of the reasons above. Maul played a large part in Kenobi's agony, killing both Qui Gon and Satine. Twin suns in rebels shows us Maul's story. We see how he is no longer his former self, having lost everything much like Kenobi and all that remains is now his rage. He is pretty much the dark side version of Kenobi. But what I was coming to say is that we never see Kenobi's side, what lead into that moment. Prequels Obi Wan would have just straight up attacked Maul, either killed him straight away, disarmed him or maybe have even slipped up and gotten killed himself. But what we see instead is a much more calm and collected Kenobi, not the man he once was. He chooses not to fight, and only does so when he sees there is no other way to protect Luke. After defeating Maul, instead of leaving him to die like he previously would, he holds him in his arms the same way he held both Qui Gon and Satine (maybe show this in the flashbacks), which makes it one of my favorite parts in all of Star Wars. What I want to know is how did Kenobi get here, what happened to the Kenobi that once was? How did he overcome all his pain. What gave him reason to continue to believe in his destroyed Jedi Order, and in this new hope, Luke/Leia. And as the show finishes explaining this, we get the climax for the episode (not the series), the live action Twin Suns (but only the battle and the end).

Then let the show explore whatever else it intends to, maybe more with Anakin/Vader specifically and Owen and Beru. But one last thing I'd like to see is maybe a small time jump to the end of ROTJ. I just hope they give the show some kind of happy ending. Just give force ghost Obi Wan the taste of happiness and success that he hasn't had in decades. Just him realising that it all paid off, that it wasn't for nothing. Now, I don't exactly know how force ghosts work, but I'd really love to see something play along like this: Just before the celebration scene we get in ROTJ, force ghost Obi Wan is watching the celebrations with Yoda. To his side pops up force ghost Anakin. Obi Wan tells him, Anakin, I failed you. And Anakin puts a force arm around Obi Wan and says you never failed me. You are my brother Obi Wan, I love you (like in ROTS) And a single tear of joy runs down the face of an old man who has never felt it in decades and tried to surpress his emotions his entire life.

Whatever happens I know I'll love this show and can't wait for it to release.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    A story where he becomes an artifact collector and has Indiana Jones-like adventures on Tattoine.

RetropME likes this.
  6. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    If Obi-Wan stays on Tattooine, then I think that they will have to get creative with some of the places that they create, because sandy deserts or ravines week after week might get boring. It's a whole massive planet, so hopefully they might be able to show some different envirornments and towns.

7. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I want to see Obi-Wan go to the mini-mart. I want to see Obi-Wan enjoy a drink or two at the bar/cantina. Having poker nights with Jawas.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I want to have Kenobi visit Alderan and Naboo. Visit Bail and little Leia, and sees Padme's grave.

DarthFixxxer and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    There can be an episode where Obi-Wan Kenobi helps Dex open a new diner on Tattooine. This could start a brand war over who has the rights to sell Jawa Juice [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Definitely going for a drink. Not Trainspotting-level drinking, but surely Ewen would want to leave this mark!

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. He will drink so hard that he climbs into a refresher after a deathstick.

Darth Chuck Norris and DannyD like this.
  12. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    It just occured to me that the title I would want is:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Descent into Hell

Which would mean Mustafar but hell sounds better.

13. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Yes - A'Sharad Hett aka Darth Krayt - Love it.

He put himself into a stasis and awoke decades later to lead a new group of darkside users.

Could be awesome for a SST villian.

14. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I would like to see a fun adventure with a linear story and it shows Obi wan and Anakins pain.

15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I fully support this.

I don't think they will do 6 episodes without space travel and possibly space fighting too.

So I hope he doesn't stay on Tatooine for the entire show, I don't know how interesting that would be.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ewan says they'll go to a water world and conecept arts mentions a water world with water creatures.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  17. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Ben will get so blotto he sneaks in and steals moisture from Owen and Beru, then uses it to make Anakin sand figures outside their moisture farm.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A new world?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm getting Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns vibes.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Thank god we'll get a break from Tatooine!

Mostly Handless and Sproj like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The sign in the first shot says
    E
    R

In the second one it's harder to tell, but I think it actually says "MILK" :p

21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    So many tall buildings for Obi-wan to get high ground, many cocktail lounges to get a drink too I bet

Mostly Handless, Bor Mullet and Sproj like this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    So many cocktail bars to get into a fight...

Mostly Handless and Glitterstimm like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Clockwork Obi-Wan

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'd like to see Kenobi face 4-Lom on this new planet. Did anyone see him in the trailer. I hope they don't say it's 3-LOM.

Django Fett likes this.
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    All 4-LOM and LOM 4 all.

whostheBossk and Django Fett like this.