main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Any credible source?

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Nothing credible. Not even from the known rumor mill people.

just a lot of people saying she’s guest starring in Andor and I have no idea why of all the shows they say this one is where she’ll appear.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If any I could see her in Bad Batch.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well it is possible, we have a book character, soo why not a comic character.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it’s not impossible

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Wouldn't she be bit too young for that?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Right no I forgot she was like five during TCW

8. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    As far as we know right now she's viable for Andor, but I would think it would be much more likely for her to appear in shows set on the other side of her comics series arc, so the stories are "new" for the character -- so Mando, BOBF, Rangers, Ahsoka... I was gonna say she's less likely to fit thematically on Ahsoka, but then again she's always hunting down Jedi relics and temples, so who knows. Main thing with Aphra is that I think the TV version will have to be at least a little less amoral, which is fine if it's later on and she's grown and changed, but weird if it's before the comic adventures.

cerealbox likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...wander-darkly-and-the-cinematic-feel-of-andor

“I think the format of a series is amazing because we have a lot of time to explore all those layers. What happens in Rogue One is something we can actually reflect on, and what’s behind something like [sacrificing an informant],” Luna shares. “The way we’re shooting this reminds me of how we shot the film, and the amount of work behind this TV series reminds me of the work you do for a film. It feels like we’re doing a very long movie.”

10. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I am very excited for this show, but why are they marketing it as a Cassian Andor show? Why not market it like a Rebel Spies show, featuring Cassian Andor? I don't think too many people or even casual fans know who Cassian Andor is, but they would be interested in a show featuring spycraft and subterfuge againt the Empire.

Intergalactic Lawman likes this.
  11. Jedi Historian

Jedi Historian Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Perhaps "Andor" will have a dual, deeper meaning integral to the plot--making the the title more significant than just his last name? Like Vito Corleone in The Godfather.

12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I think they were surprised by the positive reception of Rogue One vs. the sequel trilogy with hardcore fans. This is reflected in how a lot of its content was incorporated into high-quality merchandising like Fantasy Flight's products and the Secrets of the Empire VR experience. The MC75's prominence in the nu eu is also conspicuous. At some point they realized that Andor is a character who's easier to mix up with the original trilogy material, which makes him more popular. The Andor tv show is probably an extension of this brand development.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Like And/Or?

You're either with us or against us. :)

14. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The actual answer in productions terms seems to be that Diego Luna is so in tight with the creator/showrunner Tony Gilroy that he's not just the star but an executive producer as well. That's quite a distinction as far as that goes. Ewan McGregor is the only other actor with that credit on his own series.

For those who don't know the Andor name they will and it indicates that he's the star. Considering the other title character named series are Obi-Wan Kenobi, (The Book of) Boba Fett, Lando and Ahsoka. All of who are far and away more known than Cassian Andor is.

Def Trooper and cwustudent like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a feeling this might end up being the best of Star Wars TV.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This seems to might be better then the mandalorian.

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    When are we going to get our first ever Bothan?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    in ROTJ, rogue TWO!

Grey Matter likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It has its work cut out for it. Mando season 1 and 2 is some of the best Star Wars ever released. It’s like A New Hope in how simple and beautifully told its story is.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think it will be a lot different than Mando

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. And I love that Andor now has to compete with a high-quality show like Mando. Set the bar high from the start, and we’ll get better and better Star Wars.

But this show is going to be different than Mando on your point: simplicity. Mando is indeed simply and beautifully told, while I think Andor will follow nearly the opposite route. It’ll be complex and opaque in its narrative, as befits a spy thriller. But ultimately, moral clarity will shine through. Can’t believe we’re getting a spy thriller set in the GFFA. It’s good to be a fan right now.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Is she though?
    Maybe among the fanbase (though those should know both), but among the general audience?
    One was a main character in a movie that was watched by millions and millions of people. The other was a core but not exactly the main character on two animated shows. Both of these shows were very successful, but hardly viewed by a broad audience.

The only reason why her name would be more recognizable right now, would be because she just appeared in The Mandalorian, while Cassian Andor hasn't been seen since 2016/2017.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    He's designated as an EP in the sizzle reel.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Rogue One is available on Disney+ which is well on it's way to 90 million subscribers. I'm not a huge Marvel fan but have worked my way through all the movies available on that platform, likewise I imagine a lot of casuals would have had a peek at Rogue One.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus it’s not like RO did badly or anything