main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Chris0013, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So...may not be a popular opinion...but here it goes....

We know that the Purge happened...and we can assume that there were a lot of dead Mandalorians...and that may also mean that named characters we saw onscreen may be dead as well....

I would like (storywise) that Sabine's parents are dead...killed in the Purge. But Sabine's history being as complicated as it is...working for the Imps and designing the weapon...combined with her coming back the Dark Saber and giving it to Bo-Katan to unify the Clans...has left her in this kind of cultural limbo with other Mandalorians. They warily accept her as one of them....but would not accept her as leader of her Clan. So she steps aside from that and her younger brother Tristan is leader of Clan Wren.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I total agree we don’t have that many named Mando’s who we don’t know the fate of. I think Sabine’s parents should definitely hit the bucket

3. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am assuming that Sabine took ownership of Maul's Gauntlet Figher the Nightbrother after Ezra left....but don;t think she would keep the name? What would she have named it??

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm kind of hoping it's more that Sabine, as a Rebellion/New Republic member, is heading a faction that's more of a hybrid between the New Mandalorians and a handful of traditional clans, but has a huge number of civilians and armorless soldiers - people that more traditionalists would consider kind of Dar'Manda, but who are more like the New Republic in their type of militancy.

I'd imagine Sabine as a leader among Mandos without armor, but not necessarily pacifists.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  5. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'd assume she's alive. I would also think she might be involved w/Bo-Katan's search for the darksaber, maybe serving in an intelligence role. I hope at some point during The Mandalorian's future seasons we see her as well.

6. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I would prefer her being free of most Mandalorian-centric obligations...yes would like to see her interact with her clan and Bo and others and be involved in any Mandalorian re-unification..but want her free to look for Ezra and not have to worry about who is minding the store back home.

I am also assuming she spent her time on Lothal to protect it for Ezra and may not have been in Mandalorian Space for the Purge.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I like the idea, although I don't know how responsible Sabine would/should feel, since that was played out in Rebels already. Then again, Bo-Katan has lost her rule of Mandalore twice.

I didn't think of that! Not sure about a name, but I imagine she'd repaint it, maybe including some tribute to Ezra.

8. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    It would not be about how Sabine feels....but how other Clan/House leaders...or Mandalorians in general...may feel. Does the good outweigh the bad? To an extant the answer is "yes" but there is still some wariness about the bad.

9. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    That's true, and may be the more interesting approach in Sabine's prospective involvement with retaking Mandalore this time. I was just thinking about the effect on her personally.

10. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    We saw the remorse she felt for what she did in creating the weapon in Rebels....so that combined with her search for Ezra I would think she would be OK with Tristan leading the clan...but with him knowing his sister will be there if needed.

11. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    The effects on her are part of the reasons she’s such a tempting addition to Din’s current predicament with the darksaber.

Sabine has decent reasons to believe herself unworthy of the power and responsibility of the darksaber and it’s political power. Like Din, she never wanted the weight of the darksaber, and like Din she offered it to Bo-Katan after gaining a justified claim to it. Like Bo Katan, she then survived the Mandalorian Purge with her armor intact, and still seems to have place on her clan, if her armor designs in the finale continuing to reference them means anything.

Add into that the idea that other Mandalorians may still blame her and give her a “dark name” for the Duchess, and that she may be indirectly held responsible for Bo-Katan’s failure as well?

Her headspace is interesting; does she feel a responsibility towards her people for the Purge, or hold that separate as she didn’t build the weapons this time? How Bo Katan views her is interesting; does she still respect Sabine, or regard her as an albatross around her alliance’s neck that sank them during the Purge? How Din and the Watch would react to her is interesting; they would surely regard a weapon trying to kill Mandos through their Beskar as especially heinous, but they also are the ones most likely to bend only to a worthy bearer of the dark saber, as Sabine probably qualified as.

Someone in LFL NEEDS to write this stuff out somewhere, whether it makes it to the show or not.

12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Exactly what I am talking about with why she would not be accepted by the other Clans/Houses to lead Clan Wren.

13. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I agree her inclusion is just too tempting.

Can some remind me how she got the darksaber? I haven't seen the episode in a while and forget. I remember Kanan telling her about it, training her, & her giving it to Bo-Katan but that's it.

14. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    A Night Sister spirit used the saber while possessing her. Sabine noticed it on the ground afterward.

Incidentally, one of my favorite moments in Rebels is her internal consideration before she decides to take it.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Maul kept the darksaber at his hidey-hole on Dathomir. Ezra took notice of it but Maul screeched at him to not take it. Later Ezra and Maul do a darkside magik ritual that awakened the possessive spirits of the Night Sisters. Sabine and Kanan came into Maul's hidey hole and ended up possessed. While Sabine was possessed she took the darksaber to attack Ezra, but Ezra disarmed her (so I guess Ezra Bridger technically has a legitimate claim to the darksaber, lol) Ezra took the darksaber to confront the possessed Kanan and a fight ensued. He dropped it while destroying the altar that powered the Nightsisters' magik. Sabine came after him to retrieve him and took it with her, but later gave it to Kanan for safekeeping.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    That's coming back to me now. How'd she come to the conclusion Bo-Katan deserved it?

17. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    After she won the saber back from Gar Saxon in a duel (an important detail to me) she then leads some fo her clans forces in the assault on Imperial forces to try rescuing her father. Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls show up to rescue her, and over the course of the episode, a combination of Sabine admiring Bo-Katan and feeling absolute shame and horror at The Duchess vaporizing members fo her clan, ends up handing the darksaber to Bo-Katan after Bo helps talk her against using the Duchess on the Imperials afterwards and it becomes clear that Bo makes a better candidate for uniting the clans they’ve already contacted due to her history.

It was very much a diplomatic moment externally, while a justified realization on Sabine’s part that she may not be the leader Mandalore needs.

...Of course, I would argue that Bo probably proved herself to not be the needed leader either, and that because Sabine killed Gar Saxon to retake it and destroyed the Duchess, there’s a decent chance she may have a claim on it that ultra-orthodox Mando’s like The Watch might accept in a way that the more aristocratic houses Bo-Katan likely can still muster may not.

I’d love it if she returned totally against using the darksaber as a “crown” even as she still rivals Din as having the better claim among his people compared to Bo.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  18. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Thanks! It'll be interesting to see if she appears in season 3 of The Mandalorian and if that'll make a difference.

godisawesome likes this.
  19. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    She actually refrained from killing him (Ursa killed him when he was about to shoot Sabine from behind). It would still count, of course, since Din didn't kill Gideon.

godisawesome likes this.
  20. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    You’re right.

But it would be awesome to have some scene with Din, Sabine and Bo-Katan where Sabine’s busy deconstructing the idea of the sword needing to be won in combat, perhaps even using her own giving of it to Bo as a counterexample, only to have someone point out that she did that only after winning it herself, and leave her a bit annoyed, wouldn’t it?

Honestly, it might be interesting to have someone in-universe compare the two duels Din and Sabine went through to get the saber to try and figure out which one is more impressive, while they both just shrug it off the necessary thing they had to do, rather than the totally awesome Saga-like confrontation Mandalorians are likely to have retold it as.

...Especially if we found out both were having literal songs sung about those duels by groups like the Watch.[face_laugh]

Grey Matter likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sabine got it on Dathomir from Maul’s lair there

22. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    It would be awesome, though I'm still at the just-hoping-Sabine-shows-up-and-plays-an-important-role stage.

Move over, Duel of the Fates, it's time for the Duel of the Reluctant Heroes! [face_party] Sabine (presumably) still has Ezra's lightsaber, too. The weighing of duels is something I've been wondering about, though. My interpretation is (or has been since...Friday) that there may be a kind of recency bias, so Din winning the saber would override Sabine winning it. But that may be too mechanical, and as Gideon said, the story matters, so it would be interesting if the Krownest duel is still in play. That one did have an audience, and both combatants were Mandalorian, so it may be regarded more highly.

godisawesome likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Sabine with a lightsaber in live action is something I hope they don't let us down on. Ezra's lightsaber has an awesome ignition FX too.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  24. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Just wait until Din hears the story of her duel with Saxon, and immediately tries to hand over the darksaber... only for her to avoid it like a hot potatoe because she doesn’t want it either!

“Hey, you won it first! You take it!”

“Yeah - but I also actually got Bo to take it! No take backs!”

“...Take the saber!”

“Make me!”

“I will if I have to!...Wait...”

“...Yeah, maybe we shouldn’t fight over the Royal heirloom neither of us wants when fighting over it is how we got in this mess in the first place.”

[face_laugh]

Grey Matter likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sabine doesn’t have a lightsaber currently