main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Maybe. But just because she thinks/says it...doesn't make it so. Are they just gonna drop off Gideon and the NR is going to be like "Goodbye Imperial cruiser. Thanks for the delivery".

And I think Bo wanted to kill Gideon, take the sword, and the cruiser. Her plan got upstaged.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see Care Dune taking the imperial shuttle and going to the NR. They'll need the fire power. I think there's an imperial remnant at Mandalore and need all help they can get.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Mando s3 being delayed a year implies the opposite. It means the story shouldn’t suffer due to Boba show because they aren’t having to work on both for a simultaneous release.
    Luke confirmed for me that Favreau is sticking to his perspective of the characters he is working with. He saw Luke THIS WAY. Many of us did, and still do. The fact that RJ wrote him onto a narrative island isn’t going to stop Favreau and Filoni from doing the character justice. It’s a great first step!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gideon played her

Jaxxon-, TadoFett and Blueandwhite like this.
  6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Yeah Boba could’ve picked up Fennec, Cara, Mando and Gideon while Bo Katan and Koska leave with the Arquiten ship.

7. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Speaking of Gideon: "Assume I know everything." He's a potential connection to Sabine; he was with the ISB and obviously took part in the Great Purge, which the show will hopefully get into further and which happened after Bo-Katan accepted the Darksaber. Maybe Gideon plays off Din's uncertainty and uses certain information as a bribe. It wouldn't surprise me if he has or had an informant on Lothal as he did on Nevarro.

TadoFett and godisawesome like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He probably has access to pretty much all of the NR and Mandalores information. My guess is he has a mole in the NR

TadoFett likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. Though will the New Republic let them fly around in it?
    Who said Mando S3 is delayed a whole year?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Season 3 is only delayed for maybe a month. Also i bet the light cruiser is still with Bo and her small army of mandalorians.

11. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    So guessing Cara takes the shuttle back to Nevarro or wherever and Din status with the Mandalorians?

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I think season 2 was good and for me the emotional tie is Grogu and Mando so hopefully they go away from a monster or the week and get a more concise right story and every awesome episode leads more to story season 2 deff improved upon this they just need to continue.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Most likely and they go pick up Axe Woves

Darthur C. Clarke and TadoFett like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He got left behind at the space rest stop

[​IMG]

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They could have at least explained why he wasn’t there

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    TadoFett and godisawesome like this.
  17. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    Maybe he took the Gozanti freighter for an errand.

TadoFett likes this.
  18. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Probably had the Special, too.

19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Bo-Katan had better have a pretty well stocked space-lot: a light cruiser, a Gozanti, and a Gauntlet are a lot of ships for three people.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Lol, what?
    There was no characterization of Luke in this. He waltzed in, put down some droids and than barely said a word. If anything, he said to little. That is a cameo, not a characterization.

Nor does it in any way, shape or form contradict the Luke seen in the ST. In fact, it does the exact opposite. It fits like a glove. The ST describes him as having been the legend, and then he failed, before picking himself up again and being more Jedi-like than he ever was before (well, apart from that one moment on the Death Star perhaps, where he threw away his lightsaber), using the force to protect others without actually fighting.

I really don't know how much one has to twist oneself to come to the conclusion that the way Luke was shown in the last chapter somehow contradicts the ST. It doesn't. Nor does wirting someone in a way you don't like constitute "writing him onto narrative island". He is exactly like the ST said he was at this point in time. Things is: people change. And they don't stop facing adversity just because you want them to forever be the perfect hero (which Luke never was in the first place) for all eternity. Otherwise you might as well complain that Anakin turned into Vader.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I suspect they have more people, we have only seen three of them as they like to appear like they just small time fish. I think they have group pf people like Din's old crew.

godisawesome likes this.
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Nothing shown on Friday in the Mandalorian season finale fits anything in the ST like a glove. Two completely different stories, 25 years apart, with two completely different characters. Not fighting but putting up a stand is very different from quitting and abandoning.

Where did the ST say that? In the 3 seconds where Rey heard Luke's name and said "THE Luke Skywalker?" ? Is that the source of the ST where Luke is supposed to be a legend and a myth? Cause I never got anywhere in the ST that Luke was at any point a legend or anything other than the guy who destroyed the Death Star.

I don't know what your definition of "perfect hero" is, but Luke was the perfect role model. Unbroken. Persistent. Resilient.

People do change, but they don't go from arriving to an imperial starship alone and cutting through 40 dark troopers just to save a kid that they don't know, to abandoning their family and friends and the entire galaxy basically.

mtt02263 likes this.
  23. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    In TLJ he clearly says he became a legend in this time, and that's what he is in The Mandalorian.

It's a simple correlation; anything beyond that, positive or negative, is for the ST forum.

24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I still think Mando season 3 is coming early 2022. a few weeks after the BOB ends.

DurararaFTW and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Mando season 3 is definitely coming in February or March

DurararaFTW likes this.