main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    So I just noticed that Fox Sports Wisconsin was pulled from Hulu. Did some research apparently all of the Fox Sports channels were pulled from Hulu, Fubo YouTube. Which means no Bucks games here for now

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Marv Albert needs to be out out to pasture. It's like watching Dick Clark after his stroke.

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I have faith that your jumper will return, @tom. Not sure about your defense though.

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Man if a 7-point win (where most of the 4Q was single digits) is a blowout then they’re gonna have to make up new words for what happens when the Cavs lose this year [face_worried]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "The Knicks beat the Cavs tonight in AN EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT at MSG."

7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I think there’s still a little bite left in him.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Tonight's the Night! (without Kevin Love, sigh) Cavs Basketball Tonight!

DarthTunick and Runjedirun like this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    First postponed game of the season:. Tonight's OKC Thunder vs Rockets. Rockets have 3 unconfirmed and/or possible positive Covid tests and no James Harden since he violated Covid rules and does not have enough players to contend. Womp. Womp.

Edit to add: LOL OKC first game to get cancelled/postponed 2 seasons in a row.

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Larry Nance Jr. is hands down my favorite basketball player who wasn’t on the Cavs Championship Team.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It was brutal watching the Warriors get demolished by the Nets last night. It was more fun being on the other side of that score. But, I ain't mad at the Nets or hating on them. They look very impressive and fun to watch. I can't believe there's going to be a fast breaking, 3 point gun slinging team in the Eastern Conference.

Silver lining to the Warriors' beatdown, is seeing James Wiseman get some playing time. That kid has a very promising future and the Warriors franchise has always been absent of the dynamic/athletic center. The Warriors may not be the team to beat this season, but Curry is back and the development of Wiseman should be a treat.

14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I can watch the Wizards with my League Pass in 72 hours, LOL. I probably will too as long as it's worth the watch. Watching the Knicks, tie game with about 2 minutes left in the first quarter. I'll also be tuning into Hawks/Bulls tonight. I am so happy basketball is back.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    It's weird seeing completely empty shots of Rocket Mortgage Whatever the Q, even as other sports have conditioned for it.

Also this game is reminding me that my friend Andrew pantsed one of the Zellers in high school while getting dunked on after he (the Zeller) was talking ****.

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You got a forward from Northeast Ohio flirting with a triple double. A shoot first point guard scoring with efficiency and working the dribble. A team that forgets how to defend in the third quarter. Kevin Love with some fit and injury questions.

I mean. Damn.

This is a championship team.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The Hawks have 83 points in the first half! 27 for Trae Young and 5 assists. Billy Donavan is about to be out of another coaching job.

19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I witnessed the worst defensive breakdown I've ever seen tonight-- Luka Dončić strolled for an easy dunk towards the end of the game, thanks to a miscommunication of some kind by the Suns. Usually when something like that happens, someone at least makes an obligatory move towards the ball handler, even if it's obviously futile. Not this time. No one moved and Dončić waltzed to the basket uncontested. Took several seconds to unfold, so it was all the more glaring.

Fortunately, Phoenix still won.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Rudy Gobert's probably going "At least it wasn't me this time."

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It will be interesting to see if any NBA players test positive after already having carried the virus once. Several high profile players had the virus. Unfortunately, even a high profile celebrity getting it twice wouldn't change the average Americans behavior. Also does anyone know how high on the list of priority professional athletes are? Will they get vaccines fairly soon? Hopefully after front line workers, and the elderly. Maybe seeing that high profile athletes are taking the vaccine will make some reluctant folks a little less reluctant to get the vaccine. [face_dunno]

I really, really enjoyed watching basketball last night. Trae was just like I remembered from nearly a year ago. The crazy thing was Atlanta won by so much he didn't even play most of the 4th quarter. Too bad the Hawks can't play Chicago every night. Hopefully though this new squad can win more games and John Collins doesn't mess it up again. Even hearing the Knicks announcers again just made my whole life seem a little more normal for a few minutes and brought a smile to my face. I don't expect much winning from the Knicks but I just for nostalgia sake will always catch their games. I also saw Russ got a triple double, unfortunately not surprised the Wizards lost. I'll still probably watch that game sometime this weekend. May as well.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

LloydChristmas likes this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    can we please just trade wiggins for anyone who can shoot?

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Andre is back in Detroit tonight. Would love to be at this game shouting ANDRE every time he does anything. I hope our announcer John Mason brings it back for old times' sake.