main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah i think Bossk might end up being one of the main antagonists.

Blobofat likes this.
  2. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Granted, me being the most excited for this one is probably largely because it's the project that's coming the soonest. But still, many of us have waited a long time to see Boba in action again. :cool:

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if our first live action loook Nal-hutta and Nar-Shadda. Also Corucant pls as that now seems to be agold mine for criminals now.

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Good thing in retrospect that Josh Trank never did his Boba Fett film.

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I hope you are right about ALL of that.

I would LOVE to see both Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa but also Coruscant again.

6. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    At the time I was disappointed when the Obi-Wan and Boba Fett movies seemed to have been cancelled. But now we're getting them as Disney+ series instead, so not only does it seem that nothing of value was lost, but now in serial format they'll have more time to flesh things out. =D=

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. The cancellations led to us getting even more of what was cancelled. Seems like a good trade.

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Safe to say the show will cover:

1. How Boba escaped the Sarlacc, and how this may or may not have changed him.
    2. Many bounty hunters people want to see. Name your pick because this is the show to explore them.
    3. Boba's rise to major crime lord. We'll see just how ambitious he is. Will he be happy running his own thing or will he seek to rise to the top?

Another question is whether Din and Boba will remain allies going forward. They both seemed poised to rise to the top of their distinct worlds, Mandalorian and crime world, but will this pull them apart or bring them crashing together at some point?

StardustSoldier likes this.
  9. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I've never really cared for Rodriguez, but after loving The Tragedy I'm happy to see him onboard as I seem to quite enjoy his spin on Boba. Plus I hear he had input on Boba's new theme, which I think is fantastic and better be in this show. By far the show I'm most excited about. I've got no reservations at this point, unlike many of the others, and I am just excited to see where it goes.

10. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Seems strange to me that Boba Fett will establish himself as a crime lord because, if anything, his appearance in the Mandalorian seemed to portray him as something of a man of some principles. Certainly a "shade of grey" character, neither wholly good, nor wholly evil. Also, he seems to be more of a "doer" rather than an authoritative figure, who tells others what to do. Should be interesting to see where they go with him.

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Could be that he just wants a roof over his head. Seems a good way of getting rid of the GFFA's undesirables - sit on the throne and shoot the bad guys as they walk down the stair case. Fennec and him could even turn it into some kind of drinking game - name the bad guy before they hit the floor.

Shadao and StardustSoldier like this.
  12. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    That was kind of already covered in s2ep1. If they skip that I'll be ok with it.

13. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    I think it's basically as simple as "he was covered in beskar and armed to the teeth, so he blasted his way out of the sarlacc, passed out and some jawas stole his armor". I wouldn't be averse to a flashback but I also think it's self-explanatory enough that it doesn't need to be shown.

3sm1r likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    But what if James Mangold had taken over?

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To many people want to see it

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Too many people should be left with their desire.

17. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Sounds masochistic.

Anyway, we may think we know how Fett escaped, but it might be more complicated and interesting than we assume.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    This is one of those "wouldn't it be cool if we saw how Han Solo won the Falcon?" moments.
    We have the tendency to overthink stuff, and to ask for everything to be shown. But I'm not a fan of this mindset. It doesn't really matter. We saw how someone can survive a sarlacc, we know as a fact that Boba did survive, what else do we need? Let's move on to something else.

Things don't always need to be over-explained.

Darth Megatronus likes this.
  19. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    Until the real Boushh turns up with another thermal detonator [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

It has been a point of contention for some time. Some posters here I have noticed find the idea of Boba Fett's escape and survival rather far-fetched. Maybe doing the scene would finally end the debate?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No it wouldn’t. Out of anyone who came back from “death” Boba’s survival made the most sense. It actually makes perfect sense. Nothing will change that for people

Shadao, Lobot's Wig and ThisIsTheWay like this.
  21. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    Yes, I agree. If anybody can escape from a Sarlacc's mouth then it must surely be the guy in full armour that is covered in weapons and gadgets over a heavy flight suit, and who is wearing a rocket pack to fire himself up and out of it. Maybe the people who find the idea absurd are just struggling to visualise it, and a scene could help. That's all I was suggesting really.

Shadao likes this.
  22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Boba surviving is of course far-fetched but in the GFFA I've seen less plausible things happening. I think it was unnecessary but whatever, I can be fine with it.
    What I find kind of weird is to see the fans clamoring for having it on screen, after we already had a full episode devoted to a sarlacc which includes precisely surviving after being swallowed.

This is nothing new, it's a general tendency we all have to prefer what is familiar to what is unknown, but I insist that it is a little bit of a toxic attitude for the future of the franchise. We should entrust the writers to bring us new solutions, even though some of them might end up not being what we thought we wanted.

Shadao and Lobot's Wig like this.
  23. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    I think that fans clamour for it because it is kind of like the Clone Wars before the prequels and all the other stuff came along, in that it is something that fans imagine happens, because of what is said or hinted at, but want to see those things realised on screen. I know Boba survives, because I've seen him now after the event, and I can imagine his escape, so I don't need to see it. I think it would be a pretty awesome sequence though, shot from inside the sarlacc itself.

StardustSoldier and 3sm1r like this.
  24. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Relatedly it would be kind of cool if the show just starts off right after the teaser scene, just so we can see how long Boba and Fennec sit there looking badass before someone says, "Okay, cool, can we get someone to move the obese Twi'lek corpse out of here?"

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ^This^ is the way.

Most people who accidentally fell into... or were tossed into... the Sarlaac weren't wearing a jetpack.

Damaged or not, it had enough juice to launch him skyward. This is all completely aside from him also having a missle to fire and Beskar armor.

Shadao and Bor Mullet like this.