main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Marc Fernandez was reporting that the Andor show was going to be cancelled, and in fact it almost was until Tony Gilroy stepped in. I also never said anything about Kennedy being on the outs although I welcomed it because the last two movies she produced were awful.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    For you Yess. But the majority enjoyed them and marc is a hack, andor was never in danger kk is here to stay.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Look if you like or not like KK. It doesn’t matter after all these announcements and the success of the Mandalorian KK isn’t going anywhere. This is what I see happening with KK. She stays as president until she retires. Or she gets promoted to something at Disney. Disney doesn’t see her as a failure. Especially when some of the failures the fans say were her fault were more aptly the fault of Bob Iger. Namely Solo. Plus Disney’s rush to get the ST out as fast as possible.

It really doesn’t matter what the fans think so long as Kennedy keeps bringing in the subscribers to D+ she isn’t going anywhere

4. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    because if there was the Luke scenes would have been leaked before the last episode aired. That's also why there are no concept artwork on the last episode.

Jaxxon- and TadoFett like this.
  5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    That’s what we’re talking about - unsubstantiated rubbish that you post as fact. Andor was never close to getting cancelled.

Point of the matter is KK wasn’t in the documentary that HER company produced and she would’ve had oversight on. There’s no hidden meaning to decipher.

Honest question do you think as head of LFL she needs to have a talking heads moment in every PR piece for LFL? Does Feige have one for all the Marvel movie BTS docu’s?

6. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, he does.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  8. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Andor was heading towards cancellation until Gilroy stepped in according to Variety.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  10. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    No it wasn’t.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Good man prove his false statements.

12. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I’m just joshin ya Bor I know she’s Executive Producing the show haha I am strictly messing!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Oh man am I glad this came true. :p

14. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    My feeling is S3 will be about recapturing Mandalore and the ensuing politics around that but at some point (end of S3 or perhaps S4) Luke will return Grogu to Din as the attachment Grogu has to him is strong and therefore continuing to train Grogu is dangerous. I can also envisage Luke telling Din that he and his people (Din could well be Mandalore at this point) have to protect him at all costs.

However Din should also know in time, possibly a long time, when Grogu has matured (similar age to Luke in ANH) he would be ready to finish his training and the Jedi may return to collect him.

Cue Rey turning up 20 years after TROS at start of ep 10

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Shadao and TadoFett like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Nah. Too predictable. Grogu becomes the next Mandalor, or bust.

Gideon holding the darksaber over Grogu like the Sword of Damocles was foreshadowing I think. It tells me that the darksaber will eventually drop into his lap, and he will become the second Mandalorian Jedi. And he will rule benevolently over Mandalorian space.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  16. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    Brilliant post! Thank you! =D=

TadoFett likes this.
  17. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Too you maybe, I saw characterization in Luke's appearance here. He went out of his way to locate and rescue them, the compassionate head nod and final ''May the Force be with you.'' even the calm composed way he was speaking was so much like he was in ROTJ.

I never wanted Luke to be a perfect hero and it's okay for him to face adversity again, I do however have a problem with him abandoning his sister and former friends to face war and death without him. As someone with sisters I would never abandon them like he did and will never be able to understand that story, the Hermit Luke story arc by JJ and Rian turned Luke from selfless to selfish.

18. juicepouch

juicepouch Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2020
    Yeah, I thought there was definitely some character coming through. Stoic and calm is still characterization, and it seems to be in-character for a slightly wizened Luke after RotJ + 5 years. He doesn't know these people at all, he's not going to be acting like he's catching up with Han

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s all beside the point though. The scene was not about Luke, and certainly not about his characterization. It was about Din and Grogu’s next step in their lives. Only a major, spiritual, life-defining event could separate the two and allow them both to continue their personal journeys, and Luke’s arrival was that. In this context, he’s a force of nature representing a milestone in the character relationship between Din and Grogu, not a person. That’s why it works so well. It fits the story perfectly. So it doesn’t matter at all if there is no explicit characterization of Luke in the scene. There isn’t supposed to be, and in fact, there shouldn’t be. This story is not about him.

Personally, I think TLJ should have taken a similar path. That film was supposed to be about Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo. So why was so much time spent on giving Luke a character arc in that film? It felt off because it was off. He should’ve played a wise Jedi master, not a strangely immature kid who was on a fast-forwarded journey from depression to stepping out of depression. That story didn’t belong in the story of the ST3, in my view. No matter how well-acted it was.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  20. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Question: At this time, Luke was said to be searching for more information about the Jedi, the Force and gathering Jedi artifacts. If he is training Grogu, would Luke have a home planet that serves as a home base, or would Grogu be just going along on the travel adventure while being trained to control his force powers? If he's on a planet, which one would it likely be?

TadoFett likes this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Grogu needs looking after, which would suggest needing a home/base/larger than X-wing ship.

Luke needs to explore and find Jedi (and Jedi texts) which he could do in just an X-wing but it'd take a while!

Who knows what is eventually decided?! But...

I'd opt for a caravan or convoy of ships for a bit. That'd allow for individual Jedi doing their thing, some training at a mobile base and an eventual need to find a permanent base.

Then they eventually settle on the planet where Kylu's massacre happens.

What I think would be nice if the legend of Luke-the-saviour spreads further across the galaxy as his search for Jedi takes place.

TadoFett, Sarge and Zoe Con like this.
  22. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Like your idea. Just thought about it in terms of Din knowing roughly their whereabouts.

DannyD likes this.
  23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yes! He could tie in with other stories too.

24. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    That could be considered predictable, too. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    By me. ;)