main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well he definitely won’t be at least for season 3

2. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Yeah I don't want to see him talk or use a lightsaber. ...he can maybe handle one as the puppet so it looks like he's learning about it, but that's it. I don't think we should ever see him obviously aged from his baby form. He's needs to always be the puppet with slight CGI augments.

Maybe like 10+ years from now CGI will have matured to the level that they can pull it off, but they can't right now. I also don't want to see him has a 'teen'. We can check in on him 100 years from now in a future series when he's full grown.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Grogu was teased in the Art of the Force Awakens book (2013 art):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Shadao and Master Cado Afu like this.
  4. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  5. ig99

ig99 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2020
    I can't wait for Grogu to laugh to himself like Yoda did.

I would watch season after season of Grogu going on adventures with Din and Grogu trolling him the entire time and telling Din he's hungry.

That's pretty much a decent portion of what S01/S02 was, at least the part that I connected with.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  6. ClumsyDentist

ClumsyDentist Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016
    Idk, I would like to see Grogu in his "teenage years" meeting an elderly din again. Taking Care of him in his final days...

You could propably film this without dialogue and it would be a wholesome end.

Sarge, cwustudent, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    by the time of the ST, Din would be in his mid 70's. a good end for him in his sick bed.

8. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    when I say 'teen' I mean like an angsty rebellion phase. ...like AOTC Anakin. I don't want to see anything remotely like that ever again. I think your idea could be cool though. If Jedi Knight Grogu is training Jedi 50 years from now, it'd be cool to see that a kindly old couple named Djarin live nearby for Grogu to visit.

9. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I was literally just looking for Daniel Richtman Tweets to back up what Den of Nerds said a few days ago about The Mandalorian season three having a time jump. I assume Daniel Richtman said it on his Patreon account as I've yet to find a Tweet.

Either way, going with a time jump, which I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, and would actually be in favor of as it pertains to Grogu and Luke Skywalker. As for Din Djarin, I don't care what they do with him.

Grogu being older though, and putting on my merchandising hat, I think that would be a great move. A different "Baby Yoda," a now slightly older version of Grogu. And now this one talks, kids!!! And walks. And has Jedi robes, and a lightsaber. And here's a version that comes with his pal, R2-D2! (And you can of course still sell the current version too.)

Yoda's species can age however fast or slow the story dictates. If they want, they can say Grogu at 55 is essentially a 12 year-old (or whatever age) version of Yoda, instead of just a slightly older toddler version (in terms of physicality).

Yoda was 22-inches tall, Grogu is currently 16.5-inches tall. Just make a newer, time jump (a "5 years later... ") version, 20-inches tall. And just continue to make him cute and cuddly, just slightly older, and with a little lightsaber. And he can walk, and talk. And have him say "Jedi," or "Master Luke," or "R2" (or just "D2"). Or "Ben is bad," or "Bad, Ben is... " or anything like that. :cool:

But yeah, I hope the next time we see Grogu he is older. Be it in 2022, 2023 or 2024. And he'll no doubt be with Luke the next time we see him.

And honestly, I would be more than a little disappointed if he isn't older. Seeing the same Grogu again essentially unchanged would be boring to me.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I do. Right now, I'm wondering how he will deal with this situation regarding the darksaber and Bo-Katan.

Zoe Con likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Din with Bo will be co leaders and rebuild mandalore.

Elle-Wan likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I mean, it almost certainly won't happen, but I think something like this would work as a great epilogue after the final episode. You won't have to step on any canon, as it would be so far ahead in the future. Have Din be in his 90s, so Grogu would be just over 100 or so. Could be really nice.

ClumsyDentist likes this.
  13. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    Yeah this is a 'dream of the future' type thing to do as a stinger at the end of the series. ...but we don't need to see Din die. Just that he's old and he and Grogu are still nearby.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. I think Din Djarin is one of the most fascinating characters in Disney Star Wars so far. An orphan, but one who was recruited into a militaristic cult as a child, ala the Lord's Republican Army. How does one rehabilitate from that?

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I agree. I'm a fan of Grogu & want to see him again but I want to see what happens next w/Din & Bo-Katan. I do think Grogu shouldn't age too much though.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Zoe Con, Grey Matter and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  18. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Has this been posted here? This is amazing.

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So recently I have come to the conclusion that Im ok if Grogu dies when Luke's Academy is destroyed, and I say that for a few reasons.

I don't think Grogu fits that well in the future of the Jedi post ST. To me, its obvious that Disney wants Rey to be in charge of that. Though if Grogu was still alive, he would be around 75 years old, and with at least some years of training under Jedi Master Luke, unlike the 1 year Rey had under Leia (who only had months of training). When it comes to master and apprentice, I feel Finn would be a better option as Rey's apprentice, being force sensitive but lacking zero jedi training, and having the bond they shared during the ST.

Also I don't want to see Grogu take "Leia's path" and give up jedihood. He should stick to becoming more of a Jedi over the 19 years between his encounter with Luke in the s2 finale, to the eventual end of the Academy.

Grogu being apart of the Academy will also help to fix one of the ST flaws. I never was a fan of Luke Academy being destroyed, but what made it worse in the ST, is that it happened with none of us knowing really anything about Luke's students (other then the fact Ben Solo was a student). No faces....no names (other then Ben).....no character to become attached to....to cry over their loss.........

Eventually we were given the Rise of Kylo Ren Comic, but even though we were introduced to 3 students of Luke (other then Ben), we still learned very little about these 3 individuals before the end of their story.

So Grogu getting character development and being cute, letting the audience become attached to him, does help in adding a face the tragedy of the end of Lukes Academy. Grogu could help to create interest in seeing the Academy period, and also seeing the relationship he not only has with Luke, but also with Ben Solo and the other students. I would love to see the day where each student of Luke Academy becomes very fleshed out.

If Grogu does die, we still have 19 years in the timeline before that. We might even get pre-Mandalorian tales of Grogu someday. Such as the days leading up to Order 66 and who rescued Grogu from the Temple, and also other events between RoTS and the Mandalorian.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Sarge likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think fans are underestimating the importance of the scene at the end of season 1 where Grogu has the Mandalorian necklace on. That wasn’t for nothing, in my view. He’s going to get trained, then come back to Din, and help take back Mandalore.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  21. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    Imagine what it does to the already absurd Rey/Kylo Ren love tension and kiss if - in addition to killing Han Solo and being complicit in destroying the entire Hosnian System - Kylo Ren also killed Grogu. It's like romanticizing a school-shooter. I mean, it already is, but add killing Grogu to that. Absurd.

This idea goes back to the terrible mistake it was to have Anakin presumably kill those Jedi children himself. The idea behind Vader's turn really should have been aligned with the idea that the bad guys usually think they are the good guys. Anakin could have believed that - until he killed a bunch of 10 year olds. Awful mistake. I know Vader did a lot of terrible things in comics, but in the movies he only killed his own military and enemy combatants (including Jedi). ...but having him murder the children made him irredeemable IMO.

The hope for the future represented by Grogu is more important to the in-world story and the real-life DI$NEY outlook than the cost to either work around the ST or unmake it with some kind of narrative device. You definitely are not going to spend the goodwill created with Grogu to try to bolster the already flimsy ST plot.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Unlike Vader killing children or Kylo killing Han Solo, the Rise of Kylo Ren comic showed that Ben Solo did not intentionally kill the sleeping students in the academy. He accidentally caused a force storm which blew it up. He still chose to make other bad decisions that night, but I wouldn’t call him unintentionally killing Grogu as romanticizing a school shooter.

23. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    I agree. There's a lot of room for further growth in Din. The show is about Din Djarin. I could see him learning about Mandalore and being challenged by the various factions. Would be very interesting if word got out that he is in possession of the Darksaber that the Armorer will be back to some extent to challenge him further. I think he will be a unifier. He just has to figure out his place in it all. I think other elements like Gideon, the experimentation going on with Grogu's blood , his own back story (find the red robes in the flashback interesting) the Imperial Remanent are going to come into play. This is could peppered with a couple of appearances by Grogu through the Force and in person with another possible Luke cameo. He could slightly change with a time jump, but I don't think by a lot. Think that would be too jarring for the audience. Luke is important to the story in terms of training Grogu, but also his relationship with his own father, and the little time they had together, may very well impact how Luke deals with Grogu and Din's bond.

24. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    All killing Grogu would do is add a personal face to all the killing that Kylo Ren has done (in addition to Han Solo). In TFA, he gave the order to "kill them all" regarding the villagers and a firing squad immediately opened fire on a group of crying women. ...that was right when we met him. He did a war crime and killed scores of non-combatants. We don't need to sacrifice anyone else to demonstrate the magnitude of Kylo Ren's misdeeds. Then there's the issue with them trying to rehabilitate his image and ship him with Rey, which I'm sure had more to do with Adam Driver's Q-Score than being appropriate to the plot. Regarding the ST, let's let the past die.

25. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea, we could easily see him being a Force-sensitive "Mandalorian" or a Jedi one.

Exactly. We don't need to know that.

Bor Mullet likes this.