main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Disney Gallery BTS Docuseries

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Apr 15, 2020.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    An extended clip of Rodriguez playing guitar on set with Grogu.

2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    'Like' isn't enough. That's tweet-of-the-year material.

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I loved that too but I was surprised there were no actual interview clips with Katee (and they even had Ming Na speak on the subject instead)!

4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    So they have discovered where the leaks come from, huh?

Because the BTS had zero information about Luke, it is clear that they have hidden this from the BTS crew, and guess what, it has not leaked.

5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Do what must be done!

RetropME and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

Honestly, seeing how Robert Rodriguez initially shot the Boba Fett introduction sequence with action figures and his children as actors in halloween costumes BLEW ME AWAY. :D

7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Finally caught this. I missed the roundtable discussions but given the state of things, that wouldn't be feasible this year. Was a good fly-on-the-wall look at each episode though.

Highlight was John Leguizamo wearing his visitor badge doing his voiceover work with Pedro Pascal.

RetropME and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    To be fair, that was probably a closed set, as in as few people as possible got to be there while shooting - including both the BTS crew, and other non-essential crew members. Same for post production. So I don't think we can blame/praise (depending on your views on spoilers) the BTS crew just yet.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    On leaks what still perplexes me is how they kept baby Yoda a secret back before season 1 came out

10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    That was due to a number of factors including there was no casting needed, they didn't work on any locations (it was all inside the studio or the backlot) and they didn't plan ahead with any toys to tie-in unlike those Mandalorian Ahsoka Lightsabers with Rosario Dawson's face on the box!

11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    To be fair that wasn’t actually Rosario Dawson’s Ahsoka on that box, it was a general artist’s impression of Ahsoka.

12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Thinking about it, I guess that since Grogu has not leaked, it could probably be the toy industry the biggest focus of the leaks.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It actually wasn't 100% a secret. There were the following leaks before season 1 aired:

1. A member (or members) of Yoda species would be in it - possibly young versions too
    2. The Mandalorian is given a job to target a 50-year old, but he refuses, and that sets off the season's conflict
    3. The Mandalorian would be protecting a baby for the whole season, in a Lone Wolf and Cob situation.

This led myself, @Jaxxon- and a few others to speculate that the baby could be of the Yoda species.

However, you're right that nobody leaked any source stating definitively that the baby Mando would be protecting would be of Yoda's species.

whostheBossk and Fjall like this.
  14. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thank you for remembering this Bor... we have had some great times here and I'm sure plenty of more great times are coming. happy new year my friend.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Happy New Year to you too, bud!

Agreed. It's been a great, fun, wild, boring, wild again, not fun for a little, fun again, wild, boring, great, fun time here over the years. Your and my speculation on the possible Baby Yoda question was one of those almost surreal moments where you see only one person out of millions divining something that turns out to be true. A similar other example was the TFA plot being put together from all the leaks. Some top-tier fandom madness we've participated in. :)

Jaxxon- likes this.
  16. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Absolutely! now another boring 11 months until we get the book of boba trailer hahahaha

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Here is hoping 2021 is not as horrible as 2020. We’ll have two Star Wars shows so it can’t be all that bad

TCF-1138 and godisawesome like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's a really, really low bar. :) 2021 would have to be one of the worst years in history to be worse than 2020. And there are...significant political changes happening next year that by themselves will make it better.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I know but 2020 has told me to expect the unexpected. Did anyone really think 2020 would be the worst year of the century? No I don’t think so. So I won’t set the bar to high for 2021

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's always wise. I learned it as a Red Sox fan in the 80s and 90s. Expect the worst, and you'll be pleasantly surprised by "OK."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    On the surface, this seems strange but when you think about it after Chapter 16, it makes total sense.

First off, Mark Hamill was quoted as saying he was 'finished' with Star Wars after the ST. So to see him credited with a minor role might raise some eyebrows and bring attention to the fact he was working with the show.

Little things like this help explain how JF and DF were able to keep such a blockbuster surprise a secret right up to the premiere.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  22. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Apparently, the droid in the cantina was EV-9D9 from ROTJ, not just a droid of the same model.

23. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Awesome, I've been wanting to see BTS stuff from that!

25. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    This is great, remember loving the one episode of the gallery season 2, then it ended and I was like WTF?!?!?!?

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.