main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I'd be surprised if the show didn't provide us with some sort of explanation for how he escaped. Which would be my personal preference; they don't need to spend a lot of time on it or anything, but I'd like to have at least something.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think at most we get 5 minutes on it

3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I see why Robert Rodriguez was hired now. He was really passionate about bringing Boba back to life and making him the badass everyone thought he was.

In the early stages he planned out action scenes with his sons in costumes and action figures which is super cool. Dave Filoni thought it was the coolest thing ever.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    That was the best segment in the documentary. You can see now why it looked so awesome on screen.

5. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    It could just be a quick scene. If I were making it, I would make it the very first scene of the very first episode. Start with a black screen and the sound of Boba breathing. Then a suit lamp is switched on and Boba is in a dark slimy stomach surrounded by dissolving skeletons. We see him frantically get his rocket pack off his back and make some quick repairs to it. Then when he fires upwards, we kind of follow him from above as he thrusts up through a slimy tunnel and then out onto the sand, with an exploding sail barge in the background, and a skiff seen heading away over the sand dunes. Then cut to the title credits logo and the music. It would be really cool.

TofuJedi and StardustSoldier like this.
  6. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    While that does sound like a pretty cool idea for a scene, I got the impression that Boba had spent a fair bit of time inside the Sarlacc because of his unusual scars. It seemed like the sort of thing that would've formed on him gradually, over a period of time. Speaking of which, exactly how long did he spend in the Sarlacc? Either way though, all the more reason why I hope we get an explanation.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  7. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Temuera's "Mandalorian Blues" might have been the best part of the entire BTS for Season 2.

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m almost certain that we will see every bounty hunter from TESB in this, and that they are going to be rampaging maniacs. Bossk is going to cause havoc for an entire episode. I can feel it.

DannyD, RetropME and StardustSoldier like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope for Boba's old gang in the clone wars, give me embo and dengar. Also cade Bane if you like.

StardustSoldier and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Today is Temuera Morrison’s birthday!

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Cad Bane is also very likely. This is Filoni's best chance to bring him in!

StardustSoldier likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I agree with you, we don't need to see it. I mean, I've wanted to see Boba getting out of the Sarlacc my entire life (because he was a favorite of mine as a kid, and I wanted him to live), and I would most likely be thrilled if they showed it in the show.
    But honestly? My childhood wish was already granted when he showed up in the last few seconds of The Marshal, as well as his later role in the show. Seeing him actually escape would be neat, but it really doesn't matter. He's alive, and getting his own show. That's what matters.

So yeah, show it if it adds something new to the ongoing plotline of the show. Skip it if it doesn't.

EHT, Rancor Keeper, Crod1992 and 3 others like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to guess someone who knows boba will show up and ask how he survived

clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Looks like this series is going to come out before Mandalorian Season 3.

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Eh, I don’t want 5 minutes of waisted exposition. This isn’t Star Wars Explains Continuity The Show.

Just focus on the present. Or rather the present timeline for Boba and Fennac.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep sometime in December

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Or if it supports the present narrative (whatever it is), show a quick flashback montage ala the IG-11 and Cobb Vanth ones in Mando, which were a couple of my favorite scenes from that show. Really well done. Flashbacks give historical layers to a created world, and make it feel more believable. Stories within stories, and all that.

cerealbox likes this.
  18. Force620

Force620 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 5, 2018
    King Boba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobot's Wig and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  19. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    Hail to the king, Boba!

Crod1992 likes this.
  20. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I’ll take whatever adds to the character but yeah I do hope it’s primarily about things going forward. I’m curious what kind of show we get and some of those cool characters others have mentioned. Jabba’s palace if Boba seems deadly enough, could be a pretty awesome setting if done right . But beating Jabba seemed like a Hail Mary heroic act In Jedi so I do g know if they can or want to establish Boba that way. Lot of questions! Good times. Loving this .

StardustSoldier likes this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The story will be about Boba becoming the genetic template for the Sith Troopers in TROS. "It rhymes".

(And I'm definitely joking!).

22. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    I have been wondering whether the title of this show is actually a clue to its concept. What if The Book of Boba Fett didn't refer in a meta sense to the series itself, but was referring to an actual book or ledger that Boba Fett keeps, maybe of old uncollected bounties, unpaid debts, scores to settle, that kind of thing, that he works through during the run of the show?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Darth Nave and DarthKreVass like this.
  23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Lobot's Wig
    "Book" seems to be in line with the division in chapters of the Mando show.

(As a side note, IMO books should have never been a thing in the SW universe, and they should have given people other tools of storing information. Something less Earth-like.)

Lobot's Wig likes this.
  24. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    You are probably correct. It is because I was watching re-runs of My Name is Earl where he was crossing stuff off his list that made the idea pop into my head.

StardustSoldier and 3sm1r like this.
  25. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Bringing this over here, it won't be that long for a trailer.