main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Thing about characters having children is that it tends to either be the start of passing off the torch or it means the characters have to change to acuminate them.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s not how canon works. Things don’t just become canon

RetropME and SilentGuy66 like this.
  3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The way it worked out was he married a Lara Croft-style woman named Sintas Vel, then they broke up when he killed a man who assaulted her and got exiled from their adopted home world, but not before she had a daughter named Ailyn. Ailyn grows up with some daddy issues, and when her mom disappears, starts tracking down Boba, blaming him for or everything. Through some weird situations, she ends up with the armor of a different Jango Fett clone-turned-Mandalorian named Spar, and she wound up impersonating Boba for a few years, before some vague time passed during which she married, had her own daughter, divorced, and then wound up beaten to death by Jacen Solo during interrogation when he went evil.
    ...They kind of do, at least in terms of the fact that a single paragraph or sentence in a guidebook reintegrated old canon info into the Disney era without much fanfare.

Though you’re right in that the sheer depth of information that gets made canon doesn’t happen that way; thus far, it’s just been piecemeal odds and ends here. Jaster is canon again, as is Jango being a Mandalorian, but the evens fot he game would probably have to be recanonized by something like an officially approved-for-canon rerelease of the game or something like that.

Jaster Vhett and Jaxxon- like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Of course but look at Thrawn although much of his story is the same pre Rebels there are still some differences

5. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thanks... Ailyn seems messed up.

6. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks why the ultimate question is probably more one of whether or not they really want to take a run at doing their own version of those types of stories - with Thrawn, there was an entirely new context they wanted him deployed in, so it wasn’t just a matter of continuity, but also some pure old-fashioned creative ambition.

If I were looking at Jango... I’d be tempted to play around with the Mandalorian Civil Wars he was adopted into, and therefore Open Seasons would be the most likely target of a complete redo. The video game honesty feels like a pretty quick and clean handling of Jango becoming the main clone progenitor, but the Open Seasons comic poses some interesting questions about the Death Watch and Mandalorian politics.

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think now that we have had a “taste” of jango’s backstory a comic will probably come out soon for that

8. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    It kinda stinks that Boba's series will be "Limited" and probably mean it'll only be one season because I'd love the idea of flashbacks and seeing young Jango and Jaster Mereel in live-action. I don't care how many people overuse the term fan-service. There's ways to do that where it makes sense. Like how they did "The Man in Black" during the first Westworld season.

But then again, it's IS called The Book of Boba and there's been plenty of comics which shows him going through things with flashbacks of Jango teaching him lessons, so who really knows? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They haven’t confirmed that the series will be limited. The fact that they announced it as just a series makes me think it could have multiple seasons as shows that are limited they say upfront it’s a limited or event series

Crod1992 likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    When a series was limited, they announced it as limited. They did not say Book of Boba was limited. So I'm expecting multiple seasons.

Jedi Knight Fett and Crod1992 like this.
  11. Jaster Vhett

Jaster Vhett Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2017
    Okay, please allow me to clarify what I posted.

I wasn't talking about a word for word, line for line, panel for panel complete re-enactment/re-hash of SW Bounty Hunter & Open Seasons to be included into the new canon because...well, you know...we've already been there & done that....

More so I meant hopefully elements from both may possibly be incorporated into the new canon: Jango's from Concord Dawn. Parents murdered by Death Watch. Adopted by Mandalorian Jaster Mereel. Fights in the Mando Civil Wars. Loses everything & everyone. Leaves the Mandalorian Way behind. Becomes the best bounty hunter. Acquires Slave I. Gets cloned. Raises unmodified clone as a son. Names him Boba....

The Mandalorian series may integrate all of the above into the new canon. They may only include just some it. Or, they may choose to come up with a completely different storyline altogether with all new characters, planets & settings. It's all up to them.

So even though we really don't know what they're going to do, with luck they'll utilize some (or maybe even most) of Jango Fett's previous back story from Bounty Hunter & Open Seasons into the new canon.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    They’ve only announced the name of the show. It’s way too early for anybody to think otherwise, one way or another. All of the reports before the show was announced always had it pegged as a Limited series, just like with Kenobi.

I’m not saying you guys are wrong but let’s wait and see for official word before everybody stands their ground so firmly with no evidence.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Kenobi was said to be a limited series from the get go. So was Ahsoka and so is Lando. Boba is said to be just a series

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or...before reprimanding everyone for standing their ground with "no evidence," maybe do a little digging. If you had, you might have easily found that people are not operating with "no evidence," but rather, with the evidence provided by Lucasfilm - which is the "official word" you asked everyone to wait for.

Here: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett

And here: https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

They gave us more than just the name of the shows. They described the types of show they were. And they nether said "limited series" nor "special event series" for Book of Boba, as they did for other shows that will have a limited run. They just said "series," which they also said for other multi-season shows.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Right now most evidence points to it being a multi season show so until otherwise stated that’s what I will assume

Jaxxon- and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    You’re taking this way too personal by taking anything I said as reprimanding. And absolutely NOTHING in anything you linked confirms multiple seasons but clearly you need to win so ok, you win. You can calm down now. I yield and am excited for season 2 of this Boba show[face_laugh]

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Alrighty then. A better look would be to simply acknowledge that Lucasfilm revealed more than “just the name of the show,” as you said (which wasn’t the case), and officially labeled it a “series,” rather than digging in on your initial perspective. When you receive new information, use it. And change your view when warranted. As in this case.

18. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Ok, man. I said you win already. Relax[face_laugh]

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm gonna be one of "those guys" and say I kind of hope The Book of Boba Fett is just a limited/mini series.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Verbal21 likes this.
  20. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Yeah. I completely prefer watching a Boba show over Dins, but I still think we don’t need more than one season with him.

Have one kickass season and just be a special guest here and there since there’s a few other shows in the same timeline. Make it short and sweet.

21. Crod1992

Crod1992 Jedi Padawan

May 27, 2020
    well I hope we get a whole bunch of seasons time will tell

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    well good for you.

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I don't think Ahsoka has been said to be a limited series.

24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Ahsoka is explicitly referred to as a limited series here:

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

Darth_Bertie and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Damn... I did not know that! So the limited series are Kenobi, Ahsoka and Lando?