main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am not defending MSW. MSW is disgusting. I just never have heard about what your talking about. And I used to follow MSW closely before it all came out and please don’t say I do as you can check any of my posts on the subject my opinion on him has not changed at all since all that came out

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "nontroversy
    or non-troversy [non-truh-vur-see] or [non-trov-er-see]

A nontroversy is an attempt, often politically or commercially motivated, to cause controversy over something that isn't contentious, scandalous, or even true."

This might be relevant.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your right I am backing away from this until it dies down. Nothing I can add will do anything

TCF-1138 likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Pretty much what I'm thinking by now as well.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's what I was saying two pages ago. It's like, people are still surprised whenever Pablo makes a snarky comment. There's a reason the sub r/youtubedrama exists as its own thing; most people can tell when these types of people overreact about what are essentially non-issues.

I swear, people eat up the weirdest stories sometimes.

6. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    How this man has a position within the story group says SO MUCH about the state of Lucasfilm on a creative level. Obviously I’m not referring to Favreau and Filoni as they clearly are in tune with the fandom and just plain storytelling in general. But anyone pretending like this doesn’t speak volumes is deluding themselves. Hidalgo has been far out of touch for far too long in regards to SW and it doesn’t look like that’s going to change any time soon.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Not everyone follows all these LFL people and the megafans on Twitter, and the YouTubers, and the toxic trolls and all the other categories of people who are one way or another entangled with Star Wars at some capacity.

I was indeed shocked to see that guy Pablo Hidalgo, whose profession I was aware of, come out of nowhere and cause drama where there was no need for any.

If "nontroversy" is the angle you guys are going with, maybe you should blame an LFL employee for causing it.

Also, 3-4 posts on a random social thread on a forum is really not such a big deal. Not everyone takes these things as seriously.

The Internetz is serious stuffz for some people, I know. I personally laugh with all the Twitter drama.

dick rodgers likes this.
  8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't really understand it either. I wasn't aware that all this was happening, but please make sure this doesnt turn into an argument. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Nah no arguments, it's old news at this point.

I am having a lot more fun watching Mark Hamill enjoy Reaction Videos with his appearance than to care about the negativity of salty people.

Star Wars is at a great spot right now and will only get better

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wasn't too worried lol. But I had to say it. Now it's done.

I didn't know Mark Hamill had reaction videos to the episode. I have to watch them. :)

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think there's any Mark Hamill reaction videos. I think he's referring to the voice dubbing of Mark's reaction to his audition reel. To be frank, I hate dubs like those as much as I hate deep fakes.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I totally agree that this is all a whole lot of nothing. But it’s a self-inflicted wound from a PR perspective for Lucasfilm. Just kind of a dumb thing for an employee to introduce negativity into one of the most significant moments of fan positivity in a long time. You’re riding really, really high with nearly the entire fan base praising your work. And your response is to pick a fight with a fan that has a ton of subscribers, and that is promoting a positive emotional reaction to one of your company’s products? It’s just not smart. If I was Kathleen, I’d consider yanking Hidalgo’s ability to tweet in his Lucasfilm capacity. I mean, it means zero to me personally. I couldn’t care less. But Lucasfilm should.

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh yeah, no video reactions. I am just referring to his tweet where he was saying that he loves all the reaction videos of the fans.
    Agree word to word.

Bor Mullet and dick rodgers like this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I couldn't believe it when I first watched the Luke/Mando video, I thought "is he impersonating George Lucas here?" [face_laugh]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Mark Hamill’s tweets are quite timely ;) His retweet of the Echo Base Network video is great!

MrDarth0 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  16. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    That's the thing though, Pablo Hidalgo didn't pick a fight with anyone.

Unless Tweeting "emotions are not for sharing" is considered fighting words, where other people were actually saying mean things.

And Pablo Hidalgo reached out to Star Wars Theory and gave him his number and said to call him. Star Wars Theory said that he doesn't want to call him. So I guess he doesn't want Pablo Hidalgo's person-to-person apology for Tweeting "emotions are not for sharing."

And Variety reached out to Star Wars Theory and asked him if he wanted to be interviewed for the story that they did. Star Wars Theory didn't want to do that either. He just seems to want to be mad on the internet about it.

And I saw that he went and did a video with one of the Fandom Menace guys who is all Kathleen Kennedy "SJW this," and Kathleen Kennedy "Woke that" (and who was also one of those guys that was saying that Pedro Pascal was calling half of the Star Wars fans Nazis). So it's like, "really, Star Wars Theory? It's like that now?"

And he keeps on saying he gave Pablo Hidalgo 6 hours to respond before he put up his video. Pablo Hidalgo probably went to sleep and got up and went on with his day, then later on found that he was trending on Twitter or something. I mean, really... :cool:

Mod Edit: Nope

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @Master Cado Afu

Yeah. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated. Knock it off.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    You're missing my point by a mile. I don't care what Star Wars Theory does or does not do. And I'm not defending his methods, his attitude, his politics, his anything. I literally don't even care enough to look into who he is. Just doesn't matter at all. He's not a professional at Lucasfilm. He is, however, a dude on YouTube with a ton of Star Wars fan subscribers. And I'm simply talking about the wisdom of a Lucasfilm employee poking fun at someone like him for a video that's essentially offering the highest praise possible for a Lucasfilm product. It's tone deaf and unnecessary. You're getting free positive publicity all over the place for the Mando Season 2 finale. Why would you do anything to precipitate the changing of that narrative to something negative? It's just baffling. If fans are praising Lucasfilm, let them do it! That's literally the minimum requirement for anyone who has a public role at Lucasfilm. Pouring any cold water - even the smallest amount of snark - on fans enjoying something your company has produced is just not a good idea. I suspect that's why Pablo ended up apologizing. Someone smart at Lucasfilm (perhaps Kennedy herself) said "Are you an idiot? You choose now to be salty with fans?" Twitter really does transform otherwise smart people into idiots sometimes.

Master Cado Afu and DarthFixxxer like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I think it's best if we move on.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A fresh conversation for the new year :p

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Happy New Year to everyone! I wish you all the best, and let's hope for a much better year with 2021.

As for 2020: There is no death, there is only The Force. Good riddance though.

22. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Happy new year to you, and all forum folk, too.

23. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Argh... I guess that what I get for getting on with my day and going to sleep and then getting up again, I missed my chance to respond. :cool:

No, but I got your point, Bor Mullet (and me saying that was edited out of my post).

And I get everyone's point all of the time. Really, I do. Well, most of the time. :cool:

Anyway, Happy New Year, everybody.

EDIT: And another thing on some of those Fandom Menace guys...

They call all of their movies garbage. They call their directors garbage. They call the president of the company garbage. And they go after some of their actors. And they're surprised that Lucasfilm doesn't embrace them?

But that's neither here nor there.

New year and a new me. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Well if SWT was really hoping for folks to take him seriously, going on a live stream with G+G is not the best course of action.

But honestly, I don't pay hardly any attention to this. It doesn't effect my life.

25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    What do you guys think about the recasting vs CGI debate ?
    I personally have no problems with recasting when needed, but I know many people feel strongly differently. I'd much rather have another actor playing Tarkin than having a computer animated Tarkin kinda looking like the deceased actor.

cwustudent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.