main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I can't wait for our first Hutt and Ithorian in the new era.

kalzeth likes this.
  2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah, technically speaking he does do excellent, top of the line work. The masks, sculpts, prosthetics, animatronics, etc. are all fantastically well executed, it's just the restraint on the designs that kind of held them back to me. Maybe if, like you said, the new designs had been mixed more in with OT/PT designs, it would have been easier to digest. Can't really put the blame for this stuff on Scanlan and his creature shop, though - he's gotta make what the people above him want to see on screen, after all. Fingers crossed that Andor gives him some more freedom to run wild.

If the Hutt happens in Andor, then Diego Luna will finally get to touch YABBA! I kind of hope it happens in The Mandalorian, myself. Though now, The Book of Boba Fett seems the most likely.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Breaking Bad is the greatest television series of all time. I could die a happy man if Vince Gilligan created his own Star Wars series.

4. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Well RJ has been the closest bridge we had between SW and BB, since he directed two episodes.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Three, actually. ;)

Once Better Call Saul is done, I hope that Gilligan's next project is actually a full blown western, myself. BrBa and BCS have always used shades of the western genre in their makeup, but El Camino really took another major step into those trappings in a way that I found incredibly exciting.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. And Scanlan’s Abednedo’s are some of the best Star Wars alien designs in general, IMO. Followed by the Gigorans, which I love (sorry wookies, but they look cooler than you).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Blasphemy. And also not true :p
    I do like the Gigorans though.

The segment that focuses on the new (or returning) creatures makes me optimistic about the designs in Cassian.

In the creatures department, I don't think there's a competition between the various Star Wars films honestly. I think they're all great.

The OT is great. The PT is great. The ST is great. Rogue One is great. The Mandalorian is great.

My only complaint for some of those is that I would like to see more aliens and creatures. I don't want to feel that the GFFA is dominated by humans, and it never felt like that in the OT and the PT, for different reasons between those two trilogies. TFA and TROS were pretty great in that department too. TLJ was very human centric. The Mandalorian definitely improved in that department in the 2nd season, we saw a larger scale galaxy, lots of Quarrens, Calamaris, the Frog species (I hope that's the official name of the species, it sounds more like a word from the GFFA than an actual English word if you think about it :p ) , Tuskens, monsters, those rebels/extremists in The Believer. I guess season 1 was good in that department too.

I do want to see more Rodians, Twi'leks, Zabraks and other familiar races in the new SW shows though, along with new stuff. A mix of old and new would be perfect.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    Sopranos is WAY better. :D

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Aaaand Mad Men!

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Aaaaaand The Wire.

Plebs. ;)

I must say that I had difficulty with Mad Men, though. Simply because I didn’t care about the advertising world during that time period. The streets of Baltimore was far more interesting to me. So I never finished it. But I do recognize that it had high-quality writing, for the seasons I watched.

11. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    So I guess yesterday the Disney Publishing publicly manager Tweeted this...

...so maybe on Monday during their live stream they'll have a surprise and announce an animated series to go along with The High Republic publishing.
    No, I'm not letting it die.

I want me a Jedi cartoon! :cool:

12. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    If I'm not mistaken, it's about 25 years between The Mandalorian and the ST. I think that's plenty of time in which they could have a Grysk war story-line. To me, it would make more sense to do it before the ST than after, especially since the characters they are using right now (Din Djarin, Boka Tan, Ahsoka, Ezra, Cara Dune, Boba Fett, Thrawn, etc) are all being developed well before the ST stories.

13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gamma626 likes this.
  14. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I think we're getting there! A whole Mon Cal/Quarren planet, a whole gang of Aqualish, and more and more re-usable background practical masks and costumes building up... that all points in a positive direction. I'm definitely a fan of seeing concentrated enclaves of one or two particular species, and one thing that's definitely happened a lot on the Mando show is not worrying about human faces being necessary to the story's emotional core, meaning that alien protagonists are feeling more and more viable... heck, we've got a series with an alien lead character coming up!

Riv_Shiel and DarthFixxxer like this.
  15. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Like those video games scenes from some of the games look more intriguing IMO than bobba fett, ashoksa and whatever else however obi and alcolyte are very promising but I still think Star Wars needs the movies I think a sith movie would be cool where we see a conflicted character and they end up grey after.

16. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I wonder how many shows we can expect in this Mando timeline. If Thrawn is going to be a part of this which he probably will I wouldn't be surprised if it comes a series that focus on him. A Luke Skywalker series would also be welcome.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thrawn will be in the Ahsoka series first, I imagine. Don't believe he'll get his own. At least not any time soon.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018

I am putting this here because I suspect we might get at least SOME news that have to do with the TV projects of the future, and not just the literature component.

I will be tuned in and very excited! 3 hours to go

Master Cado Afu and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm hoping that Titmouse and Disney sign another deal for season 3 of the star wars galaxy of adventures. Hopefully in the high republic era or something. Maybe even shorts involving bad batch. I just want to see some more.

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I would imagine that Disney will try to push what they can do with CGI as the shows go on.

And I think that TCW is done for at this point, but we'll always have The Bad Batch, which I have high expectations of.

Trust me: that one will be a sleeper hit.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I wonder if there has been any word on a possible season 3 for Star Wars Galaxy of Adventure? It would be cool if a third season came out and it focuses on the prequels and the high republic era.

MrDarth0 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I like this idea. It could give us some cool shorts on the High Republic. Maybe even with Young Yoda.

vong333 likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

I thought putting this here, an animaed what if of the OG if this is to be believed.

24. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Horrible idea. I'd rather see new stuff than the one thousandth adaption of the OT. Star Wars definitely needs to stop catering to people stuck in 1983 and get out of the OT time period.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Don't worry, the hashtag show consistently post gunge.