main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Is there a thread with a sort of calendar of future project?
    I'm getting confused, what is the order by which we expect the following shows and movies:

Rogue Squadron
    BOBF
    Mando 3
    Kenobi
    Ahsoka

?

3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

For 2021 releases, The Book of Boba Fett is this coming Christmas. The Bad Batch and Visions both release some time before that, but don't yet have dates.

4. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I’m one of those people who did not like Glover as Lando. I didn’t buy it. I only ever saw Donald Glover doing his idea of a Lando impression. I don’t think Alden was by any means a perfect Han but I truly could buy into his young Han more so than Donald Glover’s Lando but I’m in the minority as most seem to love him as Lando.
    Tarkin CGI was superbly well done. I agree the Luke CGI although my mind knew it wasn’t actual young Mark Hamill from the past, I was so enveloped in the scene and Luke’s in-character ROTJ stoic mannered lines of dialogue that I stopped even thinking about anything but how amazing this scene is LOL. I was emotional I won’t lie. I never believed Favreau would bring in Luke like that. Let alone to take Grogu!? I’m happy to be a SW fan right now especially with all the new shows and films on the horizon. Mark Hamill is happy, I’m happy. I expect most of you are happy. 2020 is gone and we get to discuss so much great content coming our way sooner than later!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    cwustudent and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes, sorry. You will see that my post was only 2 minutes after yours. Your post only appeared for me when the page refreshed after I sent my post.

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's okay. No worries.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I didn’t realize SWT was part of the far-right fan community that pretty much ruins anything that’s good these days. I’m sick of these people and wish they would all just exit the fandom. Go away please, so society can progress.

8. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Star Wars Theory is not part of the far-right fan community, how on earth did you come to that conclusion from all of the above?

dick rodgers and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry, “I didn’t realize that” means I’m still not aware of it. My “get lost” message was for the far-right fan community. Blackhole E. Snoke, however, noted that SWT went on Fandom Menace, which is a part of that community. Poor choice of venues, if he did that, and raises questions. But I won’t accuse him of anything until I see for myself.

ETA: I also just realized that @TheSilentInfluence asked other posters to move along from this fraught subject. So I’m... moving along.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    cwustudent and DarthFixxxer like this.
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    He had a live stream with 2 other guys, who I cannot speak of, but do not follow. They seem to be friendly with each other. I have watched 1-2 videos from them, and they definitely seem to be very hostile to Disney, and spread toxicity, so I decided not to follow them.

But Star Wars Theory has always been nice, civil, polite and courteous in my opinion. I don't think he has ever expressed himself politically, but I would be shocked if he was leaning towards the far right or even the near right. Then again, you never know. It does surprise me a bit that Gina Garano did a brief interview with one of the other two guys (again, I don't know if they are part of the Fandom Menace and can't be bothered to look it up), but she was actually really nice on that interview. And she was just putting out the message that we should all be civil and nice and love the things that we do, and share our emotions if we have them.

Other than that, I also reject anything that comes from the far right and I am not interested in their voices being heard. I have my own filter and can separate different people and what they express and even more importantly, HOW they express themselves.

That's why I don't care at all for these two other guys, but SWT is a really likeable person in my opinion. He gets a lot of hate from people who like the sequels because he has openly criticized them, but he has always done so in a respectful manner.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I thought we finally moved on from talking about this dude who makes reaction videos...........

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I thought we moved on about his dispute with Hidalgo and everything pertaining to that.

@Bor Mullet and I had a very civil brief conversation about him and if he's far right, there was no fighting or negativity. I think it was essential to clear the air around SWT, it's not nice for him to be on the spotlight about things he never did or said.

Aren't social threads such as this one a little bit more loose? As long as people are not fighting, I don't know, can I not talk about the weather without having to be told that I can't talk about the weather, cause reasons?

By the way it's going to be 14 Celsius in New York today. I am looking forward to getting on a Citi Bike for the first time after I got injured mid November and cracked a couple of ribs. It will be glorious, I will probably go to the park and kick a ball with a friend. And I will treat myself to some delicious food, not sure what yet.

I may try to go out on a date with this girl too.... we'll see xDDD

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @DarthFixxxer

Social threads are usually more lenient, however I initially stopped the conversation about Pablo Hidalgo because it was getting heated and there was baiting going on.

When a mod asks for the conversation on a particular topic to stop, it means move on from the topic. I do not want to keep repeating myself. That's how threads get locked. So please move on. I won't warn the thread again.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Right, and I did not mention PH for that reason. Nor did I bring the topic back in the discussion. Have a nice day!

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    No but you keep discussing who he had the dispute with. Regardless, that particular topic is unfortunately connected with PH now.

So discussing something else will probably be the best in the long run, because I don't doubt someone will bring up PH again because of that.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I have not watched it and never will. There is nothing about that movie that makes me wanna watch it, not even Viggo Mortensen.

However, A History Of Violence, Eastern Promises and A Dangerous Method are three films with Viggo by David Cronenberg that I would suggest to everyone and anyone.

Real gems, and very underrated, like Cronenberg in general. The man has had an amazing filmography. Other than his classic cult films such as Videodrome and The Fly, his streak with the 3 movies I mentioned earlier and Crash, Existenz and Spider was a streak of 6 movies that for me are truly great cinema. I still need to watch Cosmopolis and Maps To The Stars.

It really SUCKS that movie makers like Cronenberg make movies that don't bring back lots of money.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Is Cronenberg really underrated? He’s a phenomenal filmmaker and I love everything he’s done. Eastern Promises, in particular, is one of my favorites. But I never got the sense that he’s not well-regarded, including among critics.

3sm1r and DarthFixxxer like this.
  19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I think he is underrated by people, and by studios. He has essentially retired from film making because he wasn't making blockbusters and had trouble finding funding.

And most people I know haven't watched most of his movies. I guess I meant underrated as in "he deserves a lot more recognition" , not that people don't think he's great. He definitely doesn't get as much credit as Scorsese or others of his time.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it's more Cronenberg's reputation for gore and violence that keeps people from watching his films than the actual content itself- it gets exaggerated and so people hear his name and imagine his films to be more squicky than they actually are. Granted The Fly is incredibly squicky, but it's got more to it than that, which makes it such a great film.

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I watched The Fly when I was 10 years old and I turned alright!
    Well. Maybe. It still remains one of my favorite movies of my childhood, and I was utterly mortified with that movie.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    CGI Luke made me uncomfortable, bcs he couldn't emote or pronounce complicated sounds, save off-screen dialogue. (CGI Leia in TROS was dark science, I'm certain.) They've done it twice now, so they'll do it again and again. I'm worried all this is leading to Fill In the Blank - A Star Wars Story, starring Sebastian Stan as Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Billie Lourd as Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, and Some Dude as Harrison Ford as Han Solo. The fans will 'gasm, bcs the band is back together! But that's not what Mark meant.

23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @cwustudent
    What would be the best thing to do in your opinion?

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Let actors act.

25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Oh, you mean that the new actors shouldn't obsess over imitating the old ones? I agree.

cwustudent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.