main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Producers and directors shouldn't. I appreciate the visual continuity, but there's a cost. CGI Yoda can kick Dooku's ass, but he can't reach out and pinch Luke on the arm.

Sarge and 3sm1r like this.
  2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The visual continuity is overrated. Take Bond. People know who he is. They don't think of a different person when the actor changes. It's still Bond no matter the actor.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    2021 is the year this thread came back from the dead who would have think it

4. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I agree, there's a difference, despite the fact that both situations are probably more similar than not. What's the difference for you?
    That's right. Think about how many actors it took to portray Luke's father. Jones, Prowse and Anderson, Shaw, Lloyd, and Christensen, and wikipedia says Wilding and Naprous.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am guessing the refers to tarkin is that correct @cwustudent

6. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Tarkin might be better because of how the scenes he is in are lit

8. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    It's the miracle that is Luke Skywalker. :cool:

The Tosche Station Kid did it again.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess Daniel Richtman is saying...
    ...and I'm not going to link to the site because it's one of those "not to be believed" sites, but Daniel Richtman is kind of to be believed.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    dick rodgers likes this.
  9. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I always considered myself a leftist. First and foremost I’m a feminist. I consider myself a humanist despite that sounding extremely cliche. I can’t even relate to today’s left wing. We have straight up nutters on both the right and left. And the same can be said for the SW fandom. I don’t support what the Geeks and Gamers crew brings to the discussion in terms of commentary. But I find it LAUGHABLE that there was this idea that only far righters were tar and feathering the Last Jedi and that they are the real issue with SW as a fandom. They didn’t write Luke to be completely out of character. They didn’t hire a caucasian girl and pretend as if Star Wars is all of a sudden super diverse, whilst in the same film making their sole black character a janitor. They didn’t classify haters of TLJ as being alt right trolls. That was all on a Kathleen Kennedy led Lucasfilm. PERIOD. They did everything wrong when it comes to a post ROTJ SW. Theory going live in video with them in my opinion is him making an attempt to bring to the fandom together because despite a lot of the awful commentary that comes out of the G&G community, many fans did rally around that group due to feeling ostracized for not being pleased with where the franchise was going. Right now the fandom is coming together, and Luke Skywalker is a huge reason as to why this is taking place. Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are a huge reason for why this is taking place. And anyone from the company who scoffs at that IS part of the problem.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I would edit that post @dick rodgers , it was suggested we stop talking about it.

So... how is everyone today? I am listening to Caligula's Horse and doing some work for my students.

I have done new year's resolutions, which I will gloriously not keep within the first month. But so far so good.

11. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    Welp I can’t edit it now any way as there is no option for me to do so most likely due to too much time since the post was made. I’m not too worried if mods think I’m being out of line they can ban me or timeout me or whatever. Or delete the post. I didn’t say anything offensive at least that I’m aware of so I’ll leave it to them if they wanna get rid of it it won’t bother me.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @dick rodgers Just as long as you get that we're long past that particular discussion. Take care to watch out for mod warnings better.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder when Disney will pass Netflix since ar this point I do think it will happen

14. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    Thanks for your kindness friend. I will do that!

15. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm a recent convert. I really like Mike.

3sm1r likes this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    For obvious reasons, there is a tendency to dislike him in this forum, but I think he makes interesting reviews and I find him funny most of the time.

17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I can't stand their Plinkett character at all and avoid all of that stuff, but I do really like their re:View series. Their last episode of that, on Twin Peaks: The Return, was a lot of fun.

18. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I didn't "get" Plinkett, but I really like Mike. I think I became a believer after he reviewed Willy Wonka. Then I decided to binge from the beginning. I don't like when Mike isn't there.

3sm1r likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Best of the Worst is always fun too- nice to see them absolutely flabbergasted by some truly awful movies.

20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Am I the only one with a severe withdrawal syndrome after the Mandalorian season ended?

I need my Star Wars fix!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I'm getting by with Blind Wave reactions, The Resistance Broadcast, Star Wars Explained, and of course checking in here. I've also been revisiting some Mando episodes so I can do a full ranking. It'd be cool to have a date for Bad Batch, though.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Good business for Disney’s stocks

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Back to red color I see?

Let's see what happens with all these shows. There's 10 of them.
    If 6 of them are good, I will be happy.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.