main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Potential Threats/Antagonists For New Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by King Maul, Jan 5, 2018.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Yeah, the Vong mix the barbarian vibe with religious zealotry. They are certainly an option for future films. Maybe too dark a visual for movies, but that would make for a different SW experience.

Jimbing likes this.
  2. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    One thing is certain : if the anthology movies are small scale affairs and any villain will do, the next SW saga -whether it's called ep 10/11/12 or has a brand new name- will have force sensitive bad guy(s). They may not be Sith but they' be affiliated to the dark side of the force , and will use weapons that can be used dor lightsabers battles.

No way there's a new jedi-focused saga without adepts of the dark side of the force or lightsaber battles!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I prefer banal authoritarian institutions as villains. More interesting. Though a touch of demonic evil at their core is good. Basically, the magic balance the OT (and Rogue One and Mandalorian) struck well. If the antagonists are all snarling evil people wielding magic, I'll lose interest.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  4. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    I still think Dark Rey would be money. Pure gold. I literally gasped when I saw Dark Rey in the Rise of Skywalker trailer...but then...DREAM SEQUENCE. Aw shoot.

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Well usually in STAR WARS there are internal, real world villains and the external, metaphysical villains. In terms of reality and real world grounding an oligarchic Corporate Sector Authority or CSA with villains at the top would be interesting. The creation of private armies and security firms hint back to THX-1138. An enforcement arm in the cycle of privatization, deprivation and extreme inequality in the galaxy. Not only does it give a patina of reality but makes great allegory for our current economic malaise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  6. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    1. A threat related to Trade Federation shenanigans (perhaps within the scope of a tv show).

2. Villains entirely different from what we've seen on the screen before (no Sith, Hutts, Empire, FO, etc)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    We need bigger badder force villains in my opinion

King Maul likes this.
  8. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    We need a Lor San Tekka series: STAR WARS: A San Tekka Story. Who is this character and his relation to the Church of the Force. Lor San Tekka and the Last Crusade.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If we are getting a film about ace pilots I think it is high time to get actual pirates as a threat, in the absence of an Imperial fleet. One notorious pirate whose crew are skilled pilots and attack and board ships midflight. The films have not really offered any sort of ace enemy pilot with an identity.

10. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    We need white collar crime criminals in the galaxy. Those who turn paper into money and use technology and algorithms to create esoteric financial instruments. Darth Collateralized Debt Obligation.

11. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    This is so boring that isn’t Star Wars we have that in everything else who wants to watch that I certainly don’t!

Duke Vadewalker and Immortiss like this.
  12. Teo9969

Teo9969 Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2020
    I actually would love to see a GFFA movie where there isn't a villain.

I think it would be really cool if they explored the origins of hyper-space travel and/or how different systems handled being reached for the first time by other systems. It would be fascinating if they could make a movie where a technologically advanced world such as Coruscant is missing key information that a less equipped world discovers and brings to Coruscant. So the "antagonist" is something like the inability to understand each other initially, navigating a galaxy with "primitive" maps and finding a way to accept that the "other" has something you don't, and of course, somehow the force plays a part in their ability to ultimately come to an understanding and achieve progress on a galactic level.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d love to see a Star Wars film about exploration and the yearning for the open road that doesn’t have a villain. Only the obstacles one encounters in the wild.

14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I’m talking about “Henry F. Potter. The richest and meanest man in town”.

One of the greatest antagonists of all time!

[​IMG]

“And that goes for you, too!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarge, Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    We need something fresh. I hope all the things they do now with Ahsoka, Mando, Grogu do not lead to the ST but that their story is happening in addition to the ST. We saw the Ghost in IX so I have my fingers crossed that some of the characters will meet Rey/Poe/Finn after IX to join a fight against some SW Thanos. How about some force using cult from a different galaxy far far away. I'd even give them another bigger badder Death Star :p.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    ladygrey45 likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a feeling (and a desire) that we'll see a revanchist Mandalorian Empire, under the autocratic and expansionist rule of Bo-Katan or someone else, as the primary antagonist of the post-ST world. I would much prefer that to some orc-like extragalactic enemy ala the Vong or the Grysk.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  17. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I believe those are the two options in the menu. They are the ones LFL has had in the oven for some years now.

Darth Smurf and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Yes I would love to
    See this!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Amen. Closest we got were Enfys Nest's pirates, and the train assault, and that was awesome. More of that please. In space and in the sky.

20. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    I wouldn't mind a darkside cult trying to revive the ancient ways of the Sith from before the Rule of Two... Hell, before the ST came out there were theories being thrown around (and some awesome fanart!) of Vader-worshipping Jedi killers; I'd love to have seen them tearing around the galaxy, snatching up Force sensitives and assassinating Luke's fledgling Jedi! Instead of a single uber-powerful Darkside user, I want to see the danger come from their sheer numbers; an overwhelming flood of bloodthirsty cultists.

I'm in agreement on pirates too, but I'd also like to see slavers fully realised on screen, in any era. You have to be particularly evil to want to enslave any sentient being, and a wave of these brutal scum rolling across the galaxy during a time of unrest or post-war would be terrifying from the perspective of civilians.

Bor Mullet, CernStormrunner and Sarge like this.
  21. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    This would a brutally awesome film.

Duke Vadewalker likes this.
  22. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Idea for a villain what if the sith pulled a Bene Gessirat and manipulated and basically genetically engineered the perfect sith like with an immense amount of power basically assuring there this evil thing for destruction. Maybe that’s the new big bad even stronger than palps

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That was Anakin and the attempt of Rey's father.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  24. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    Anakin was (if you subscribe to the Legends take, as I still do) Palps' attempt at crafting a tool for his own nefarious purposes. There's no way in hell he ever intended to let Anakin/Vader usurp him at any point.

What Ladygrey45 is describing here is the creepy-ass Sith cultists (thousands of Vanees... Eww!) creating the perfect physical form for a new Sith to rule over them.

Tbh that would've made for a far better playout in the Sequels, IMO: No singularly powerful darkside villain at the beginning, because the Sith cultist zealots in one of the remaining Imperial fragments are busy creating him. And hey, it'd even rhyme with the lack of Palps in ANH! In the meantime we coulda still had rabid Sith cultist Jedi-killers running around like mini-Vaders in the first installment. :D

25. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    We could still have this in any new story that would be crazy and yeah this is deff the vibe I was going for.