main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I witnessed absolutely zero skepticism toward Grogu. Everyone loved him immediately.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    dick rodgers likes this.
  2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Everyone loved him so much that his presence is a pretty significant part of what made the show blow up to the extent that it did with a general, non-Star Wars fan audience; it'll be interesting to see how season three plays out to that audience now that it isn't "The Baby Yoda Show" for the time being.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I predict we’ll see Grogu back by episode 4 or 5 of next season.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Zoe Con likes this.
  4. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    I think they will weave Grogu's journey somehow with Din's journey. There are ways like sensing Din in the force, imagery such as the mando pendant, the ball and even the clone experiments. But I agree with one of the posters before that Din needs to go through a challenge and be in some dire straits to get Grogu back in the game. The writers can keep people wanting to hear of news of Grogu (just like Din) through some creative story telling. At least I hope.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I could see Grogu leaving Luke because he could sense that eventually things aren’t going to go well for the Force welders in Luke’s care. Of course none of that will be detailed. Instead Din will ask why Grogu has returned and somebody, (Ahsoka?) will say that Grogu left because he didn’t feel safe and that’s all we’ll learn.

naw ibo likes this.
  6. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I hope not. I don't want them to make any overt narrative decisions to align with the awful ST. They can't casually overwrite it, but they can just avoid converging with it. Eventually I'd like to see the ST tales of Jake Skywalker stricken, but if they do that they need to do it in no uncertain terms.

Grogu can leave Luke, but it should have something to do with Grogu's intentions to help the Mando plotlines. I'd even be ok with the idea that Grogu will not age into his abilities to be able to properly protect himself for another 50+ years. ...so he's a long term investment and needs to be kept away from the current strife so that he'll be able to lead the Jedi for the next 900 years.

7. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I would guess not at all.

I believe the next time we see him is either in a Luke Skywalker series, or in whatever series (or whatever culminates "into a climactic story event") that follows the Rangers of the New Republic. Whichever comes first.

And I believe he'll be alongside Luke Skywalker whenever he shows up again; because why wouldn't he be.

There is a rumored time jump for The Mandalorian season three, but I don't suspect that has anything to do with Grogu.

Also, these first two seasons of The Mandalorian were largely written blind, before any fan reactions. So most of what we've gotten thus far was before the Baby Yoda phenomenon.

And on the flip side, the rumored time jump could play into giving Grogu enough time to develop some agency.

Because if he comes back virtually unchanged, and all he can still do is "coo" and look cute, and then they have to set him down (because he can't do much because he'll fall asleep), and then get on with the episode... If that's the case, then what are they doing, what's the story in that?

But age him, grow him a few inches. Jedi robes, lightsaber. Trained by Luke. And he can walk and talk.

Basically what I had said upthread...
    ...then I can see a The Mandalorian season three appearance.

Given, again, that season three has a significant time jump. And assuming when he shows up it's important enough for Luke Skywalker to show up too. Because I don't see how or why Grogu shows up again without Luke Skywalker.

Other than that though, no, I'm not seeing much of a story reason why he would show up then in the next season. (Unless it's Din going to visit Grogu while he's with Luke; something like that.)

And being able to talk I believe is key to any next appearance, and in whatever form (when, where and how) it takes.

So as I was saying, I would guess not at all for next season. But I could be wrong. :cool:

8. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    Just my crazy idea on what Lucasfilm should do with Grogu, but I think he should get his own kids cartoon mostly of him being cute, but with lessons tied to each episode. This is so audiences can get more Grogu without having to shove him into every single show. The Episodes could be 5 minute shorts so they can get them out quickly. Maybe have the galaxy of adventures guys work on it. I think having his own series can help keep the character relevant. Especially with pushing merchandise.

They could set it anywhere in the timeline, although I think the period between Episode I and II would be the best. Could have a Jedi of the week dynamic. The other end is training under Luke as well and could show Luke's Jedi Academy and him interacting with Luke's other students. We could also see the period between Episode III and The Mandalorian and be in a similar vain to the Droids cartoon where he goes on a wacky adventure each episode as he tries to survive in the galaxy. Could end with how he ends up with Mando. Possibilities are pretty wide open with the character.

Also just a hunch, but I think we'll learn how Grogu escaped the temple and/the Empire in the Bad Batch series.

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He’ll be back, and with control of his force powers. And perhaps he’ll play the role Luke played at the end of season 2...

cwustudent, dick rodgers and Zoe Con like this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Seriously, though, I do expect a costume change for Grogu. Maybe more of a padawan inspired get-up. I also think he's going to be absent for the majority of Season 3. Will probably make his comeback either right at the end of 3, or sometime during Season 4. They're going to make us wait for him.

Zoe Con likes this.
  11. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    So we'll get a third entry of a Jedi/Sith wrecking a hallway? hahah. Grogu needs a yellow lightsaber.

dick rodgers and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    I don't think Grogu will necessarily wield a lightsaber. He needs to control his fears first. That is most important, and who better than Luke to train him not to fear losing his father, and not falling to the dark side. I can see him maybe demonstrating some great force abilities with his hands versus a lightsaber at this point. Again, it'll depend on how much they make him grow, which I think they will, but not by much. Possibly have a bit of a costume change with pants instead of a robe where we see he's more mobile and independent. I'm debating whether I want to him to talk. Maybe a few words. Part of his appeal is that he "doesn't speak" or maybe like Han and Chewie, they just understand each other (Din and Grogu).

dick rodgers and Sarge like this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Grogu will be a baby for a long time in this universe. he won't be pro with a saber for a long time.

Grey Matter and Zoe Con like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If Grogu speaks, I'm predicting massive divisiveness among the fans. I doubt any two of us could come to full agreement on what he should sound like.

Darth Megatronus and Zoe Con like this.
  15. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    I thought just came into my mind. Could Grogu have foreseen something happen (off scene) to make him decide to go with Luke so that he could come and help Din at some point? Something to ponder.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Clearly all fans would agree that he should sound like Rick Moranis.

DarthFixxxer and Sarge like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Begun the Grogu Wars have. :vader:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I think they are setting up Grogu to lead a future Jedi Order post ST like maybe even hundreds of years down the line whenever they return to a new Saga trilogy. Grogu wouldn’t have been written to go with Luke unless he was going to get trained. Luke says as much in that finale. He will be trained and somehow will part ways with Luke before all the Kylo drama occurs if they even cover the Kylo drama at this point because Favreau may not want to go anywhere near that point in the story.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Zoe Con likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "One X-Wing? Great. We're saved."
    "A Jedi..."
    "Luke Skywalker is going to save us again!"

*Gideon watches in horror on a monitor as a 0.6096 meter hood cuts through the knees of his upgraded Super Deluxe Dark Troopers*

20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The thing is that since there is a blank canvas for Grogu, who is a brand new character, I think the fans should not have any opinion of how he should sound like. He shouldn't sound like anything. We should accept any way they decide to make him sound, if they ever do.
    ...except from this one. We should accept anything but Rick Moranis, as much as I love him.

My vote goes to Michael C. Hall for Grogu's voice.

Bor Mullet and CISMestizo like this.
  21. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    For your consideration:

Bobcat Goldthwait
    Ahmed Best (from Jedi temple challenge, not...you know)
    Danny Trejo
    Bruce Dern

only a little kidding on any of those.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  23. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Yeah the interesting draw for me as a Star Wars fan if mostly grogu and din because he’s connected with the Jedi’s because I was never really interested in the bounty hunter storyline it’s so it was genius to put Grogu in there.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sorry if this has been shared before but someone recently shared it on an Ahsoka group I follow.

[​IMG]

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998