main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Diversity In the New Saga [See OP Warning]

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Nov 20, 2016.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would watch the hell out of a Mace Windu show.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Are there really any hardcore fans (and I classify everyone who posts on a Star Wars forum as hardcore) that won’t watch something (anything) Star Wars at this point?

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  3. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Stay healthy, everyone.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was going to say “a live action version of the Kylo comic” but I might watch that just so I can critique the hell out of it without any valid response of “but you haven’t watched it.”

I read Dark Disciple for that reason.

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I have never watched the Ewoks movies and the Holiday special.

The second season of the Mandalorian and the last season of The Clone Wars have reinvigorated my love for Star Wars, that I am considering watching these things now.

I would just criticize it without watching it :p

Bor Mullet and 2Cleva like this.
  6. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I think there’s a difference between watching something/everything, and liking something/everything

I will most likely watch, read, listen, or play anything associated with Star Wars, but there’s plenty I’ve watched, read, listened, and played that I haven’t liked

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I’ve seen less than ten episodes of TCW and nothing of any other TV series including Mandalorian. If films ever start to be Disney Plus exclusive I won’t see those.

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Let me guess- it's because the large-tube black and white TV you have doesn't score the best video quality for Star Wars? Or maybe it's the audio- you speakers only play music from the 8-track player you listen to music on, and are incapable of video connection? :)

Diversity is good in many ways- including diversity of content- we can all get something we want!

Those of us that walked 4 miles, uphill, barefoot in the snow to get to the theater and watch Star Wars in the 70's can still have it the same way- in theaters- just have to wait a little longer.

Jedi Merkurian and 2Cleva like this.
  9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I didn’t say anything contrary to this, simply showed that even “hardcore” fans can’t necessarily be expected to watch everything these days. No need for your condescending “guesses.”

ami-padme and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Nah, that was just humor. I'm an old man.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I still haven't watched TROS, and I'll never watch season 2 of Resistance.

2Cleva and DarthFixxxer like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You should...at least once. :)

13. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Ah, Star Wars Resistance.

Or as I like to call it, Macross without Minmay...

...the 80s were awesome. :cool:

One day I'll finish the first season of Resistance.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm one of these weirdos that somehow enjoyed Resistance, despite the seriously annoying pratfalls of Kaz. It's not even close to my favorite Star Wars material, but I find it far more watchable than the ST.

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't watch much of the cartoons, just an occasional season like the TCW season that went on during ROTS.

TROS is good to watch once. But that's the problem- classic SW movies are timeless and can be watched repeatedly. TROS is an entertaining popcorn movie to watch once or twice.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    TROS was OK. I liked it best for the Finn/Poe dynamic and the Lando appearance, plus the scene with Kylo and Han on the wreckage.

I stopped watching Resistance sometime early in season 2. I loved TCW and Rebels though.

Jedi Merkurian and Iron_lord like this.
  17. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I really really doubt there'll ever be any onscreen content I won't watch, unless something atrocious happens. You can take it from the fact that I've watched all of it so far that I don't think we've gotten anywhere near that standard. There are things that, having seen them, I can say, well, I wouldn't have missed anything really (some of Resistance, and a few stray animated short things or pointless individual episodes of TCW) and some things that I think are not that great but I still would watch them again because of their importance to the storyline (most of the PT, really) and the odd case of TROS where thinking about it just kinda makes me tired. But I've never had that "I'm taking my toys and going home" moment.

What might do that for me would've been a really garbage-y, slick Michael Bay-style reboot -- I don't think there's much danger of that at this stage -- and the least appealing thing that was ever really put forward was the GOT guys project, because I loathe GOT, and grimdarkness in general, and don't think SW should ever go there. But I'll admit, I would've watched even that, at least once.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The only think I liked about TROS was Lando in the leopard-print and the big festival on Pasaana.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    DarthFixxxer likes this.
  19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Woah, really? You have not watched TROS? Not that you are missing much but I can't recall many other members here that have not seen the movie.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    No, I haven't watched it, yet. I just completely lost interest in the ST, after TLJ. But, thanks to The Mandalorian S2, my SW fandom has been reignited, and I'm in the middle of a complete rewatch of all SW.

So far I've rewatched TPM, AOTC, The Tartakovsky Clone Wars, and I'm now on TCW season 5. I'll probably go all the way through TROS, but it'll depend on how I feel by the time I get to the ST.

21. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Lando has some good moments in TROS, in my opinion that alone is worth watching it

Sarge and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Lando is hard to argue with.

InterestingLurker, Sarge and starfish like this.
  23. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, and Billy Dee Williams is excellent, you can tell he really loves being in the film.

and I get it, there’s a lot I don’t really like about the ST as well, my general approach has been, well they can’t be worse than the prequels. And of course maybe in some ways they are worse lol, oh well

and I don’t mean that I hate the PT, there’s some things I liked about them

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    They're going to inevitably bring him back for a show set during the Imperial era if they ever do make one.

Frankly, I'd like a show that alternates between his time as a Jedi and during the Imperial era as we don't know much about him, if you think about it.

But yeah, I'd watch the hell out of a Mace Windu show. ;)

(And yes, I know that not everyone wants to have Mace Windu make a comeback during the Empire, but I know that they probably will bring him back; at least, that's a personal theory of mine, whether people want it or not)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

GrandAdmiralThrawn66 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 16, 2002
    I am about as hardcore as it gets I suppose -read every book in Bantam's catalogue watched the movies 35 times at least in the theaters but I didn't watch the TROS and only watched TLJ once. Once I found out that Palpatine was back in TROS-thereby fully and completing ****ting on and destroying the first six movies-I bowed out of the ST trilogy forever.

I won't watch or read anything to do with the era of the ST. To me, it was silly and pointless.

(I thought the first 2/3 of The Force Awakens was good and had the potential to become great.... then it all came crashing down.... )

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Bor Gullet and 2Cleva like this.