main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Gifts for Christmas included VC Carbon Freezing playset, SW element shirt, GI Joe Doc loose/complete.

Pre holiday orders included- modern stand lot, 90s Taco Bell party cups, plates, happy meal boxes, bags, 19" Snoopy & woodstock (for son),ROTJ Mellenium Falcon w/box, waiting on Vader case w/lot and ROTJ Desert Sail Skiff (delayed holiday shipping), vintage lot of 24 & 33, A New Hope curtains (son) and ROTJ Boushh MOC

2. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I got the new High Republic book from Amazon today. I’m looking forward to reading it, as it’s received some very positive reviews. I also pre-ordered the next High Republic book that’s coming in February (I’m really looking forward to that book as Claudia Gray is a phenomenal Star Wars author).

cathiecat and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Me Too!!!

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight, Poe Dameron: Flight Log, TIE Fighter Owner's Workshop Manual, Death Star Owner's Workshop Manual, and The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Secitions arrived the other day. Since the High Republic books are sold out on amazon at the moment I went ahead and pre ordered the next one to come out. Figured I'd better do it now

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I love finding stuff from sellers who don't specialize in SW stuff and don't know what they've got :)

They have the "Light of the Jedi" book at Barnes and Nobel online - they also have an exclusive version of it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    DarthJaceus and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  7. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I have light of the Jedi and a test of courage currently reading light of the Jedi so no Spoilers PLZ.

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I grabbed Light of the Jedi on Friday afternoon on a whim. Target was sold out so I swung by Wal Mart and they had two copies left.

Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  9. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got that on order from Amazon UK - should come Thurs/Fri. Gives me time to finish my current book.

wobbits likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got my Amazon UK order containing Light of the Jedi today - next on the reading list!

13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Hope you enjoy:)

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've been buying pins like mad. Got a lovely set of hand drawn ones from an Etsy seller in England:

[​IMG]

Also had a couple of old calendars arrive that I'll use for my shelf displays.
    My "Light of the Jedi" book arrived.
    And had my Gentle Giant Screaming arm less Mace Windu mini-bust arrive.

My Gentle Giant Animated Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker Mini-bust is due to arrive today.

15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I’m trying to stop myself from ordering more stuff off Etsy, but I really want the throw pillow covers. I keep saying I can wait but I will be sad if they disappear

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It is addicting, especially when the sellers tell you that the product is limited. The larger pins cost more and are usually created in smaller batches. But I won't (at least now) spend more than $35 per pin. There are currently some on ebay that were obviously limited edition Anakin/Padme pins that are now sold out that they've got outrageous prices for. They're gorgeous - but I'm not paying $70-90 for a 2" pin.

I've ordered a few seconds for pins - obviously sellers have to be uber picky because some buyers are picky picky. I've seen nothing wrong w/ my B level pins. Great way to save money.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    @PadmeLeiaJaina that’s good to know about B grade pins. I will have to give it a go. I guess we should at least be happy our addictions are not drug or alcohol related, though financially possibly causing similar damage.[face_worried]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    You are absolutley right @cathiecat I glad I am only a star wars addict though your right about the financial damage;)

PadmeLeiaJaina and cathiecat like this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So far I haven't seen any real differences w/ the B pins I've gotten.

I had my Applause TPM pins show up on Sat - they're nice. There are 2 more in that series that I need, a battle droid and Naboo fighter ship.
    I also got a TLJ Leia memorial pin.

Just put in another Etsy order. *Sigh. I'm terrible. I couldn't resist this adorable Leia w/ ewoks that's on sale. This Ahsoka w/ Grogu was too cute. I got this Grogu and another Mando/Grogu from a seller because they're on sale. I'm going to have to buy more of my pin back displays, the new Mando pins mean that I'll need a set just for that series...that will pretty much be all Grogu - lol.

I rather unintentionally seem to be getting more Sequel related pins. I'll need to divide those out also.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Oh I blame you for the 20 or so items I just added to my etsy favorites..I had never even thought to look up throw pillow covers.....

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  22. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I just picked up the Child plush with Sounds in Carrying Bag at Target! I think I like this little guy the best. He has feet, not just a body covered by the robe and he's waving! The sounds are very clear and a decent volume.

Jedi Knight88 and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Put an Amazon UK order in for the SW: Bounty Hunters comic tpd and Art and Imagery of Mandalorian volume 2 (and a couple of non-SW books). The SW books aren't actually out til Jan 26 so those two are pre-orders.

25. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I pre-ordered the 50th Anniversary Black Series Greedo from Amazon UK. Also ordered an Archive Cody, Archive Shoretrooper, Bo-Katan and a Clone Trooper.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.