main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Will it be a final countdown?

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I think this Con will actually happen. I'm actually going to be in Orlando the week before, leaving on the 12th. I rescheduled my Disney vacation a couple times now but feel pretty confident about August.

5. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    You are talking about Star Wars Celebration?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think a lot depends on if travel is back to normal for holding Celebration, given the large number of international attendees.

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm cautiously optimistic about cons in the late summer/fall. Vaccine distribution has to dramatically improve though.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Celebration will be fine. Moving it to late '22 was the right call.

Jedi Knight Fett and ChrisLyne like this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  10. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    What did tweet say?

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They deleted and reposted. I edited it.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I got a mail some day ago - that they have posted my stormtrooper pin! I guess it's about time, now to see if it actually arrives.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Wow. I guess international folks were done later.

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I imagine news on WonderCon's inevitable postponement or cancellation will come any day now. Usually there would be badge sales up by now so that's obviously something looming in terms of what's going on with that. I say outright cancellation might be possible because, assuming cons can happen by summer time, they may want to just put all their focus on SDCC at that point and not even want to worry about holding a postponed WonderCon in addition to that.

However, given the state of things today especially in Southern California, I highly doubt we are going to go from where things stand now to being able to hold an event on the scale of SDCC. Even if things are significantly better by summer time and some events are allowed, SDCC is still in such a league of their own that I don't see it happening just six months from now.

So maybe we might get a postponed WonderCon after all if SDCC can't happen.

Padme501st likes this.
  15. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I am planning on going to a convention in Las Vegas in August because I will be vaccinated by then but it depends on job requirements for self isolation post vacation. Right now we have to self quarantine for two weeks when we come back if we travel out of state.

16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Forget badges; panels or actors that would be attending would be out right now. WonderCon I do not think will be happening...

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  17. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    JonSB, are you going to a Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas? I heard they have it at a new hotel, used to be the Rio. But... even if it's not, I hope your able to go and have some fun- if possible. I wish I could get to SDCC again, someday.

18. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I am hoping to go. They originally switched to Caesar's for December 2020 but it is back at the Rio now for Aug 2021

19. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    You are so lucky- if the con. is still on! I enjoyed the Rio when I went several years ago, even though my room was almost at the end of one of those long wings! the hallway was pretty hot too. not too much air circulation. But, I otherwise enjoyed my stay. Why did they decide to move it to Ceasar's anyway? Are you going in costume? any favorite series?

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The Rio is really the worst. I hated it too. Felt cheap and dirty inside.

I like Caesar's though. It's so huge there is room for everything. Plus the place is very well taken care of. When I go to Cinema Con there I've stayed at Bally's which was OK and The Linq which I loved.

21. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Rio was sold but still being managed by Caesars for the next year or two and supposedly was going to have a 100 million plus remodel pre Covid. I haven't heard anything lately except that it just opened back up. I have never stayed there but went to STLV three times and stayed at the Gold Coast for two of those events. Both hotels have seen better days but I had no issues at GC except for the fire alarm going off and the room check everyday due to the mass shooting awhile ago. The convenience and cost was nice and the room was fine.
    It was going to be at the new Caesars convention center which is across the street from Caesars hotel and behind the Linq. I was looking forward to it being somewhere new just for a change.
    @j-jawa3 Never went in costume but always wanted to go as Morn or a Klingon. TOS has always been my favorite but I like them all. I was hoping Quentin Tarantino was going to direct a new movie in the ST franchise but quite a few were against that.

22. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  24. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    They are offering Coronavirus looking Mickey ears as a park exclusive, but only if you get the vaccine.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Vegas prices for hotel are so cheap right now. I got an email for the Mirage and the room was $12.50 a night for the last week of August. Not sure if I will actually go but I booked it just in case things are better than I feel they will be by then.

On Celebration news, my Celebration badge set I ordered from the store months ago is on its way

MotivateR5D4 likes this.