main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They’ve already said The High Republic is exclusively a publishing initiative and not connected to any upcoming films or shows. Why do people still persist with these silly rumors? It would be awesome to have Larson in the GFFA though.

Riv_Shiel and EHT like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    we knoe books and comics are the first to establish the high republic and we might get more down the line. his movie might be 5-6 years down the line.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They specifically stated that it will not overlap with anything currently planned for production. As Feige’s film (even though it’s still far off) is already planned and announced it is included in that statement. Now that doesn’t stop them from eventually exploring that time period with films or shows if they wish but it does mean they have no plans to do so right now.

PymParticles , Riv_Shiel, EHT and 2 others like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    True, but i wonder what timeline he choose if not high republic or the skywalker aga timeline. too early for old republic.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Only Lucasfilm said the High Republic era would not be for TV or film. So not likely. At least, they have no current plans to do it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  6. Crod1992

Crod1992 Jedi Padawan

May 27, 2020
    Maybe they will go into the old republic

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Too soon with the high repulbic as the main thing.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Not really. While people like us will know the books and comics are exploring the High Republic, the vast majority of general audience members will have no idea that the publishing line even exists. The demographic most likely to be confused by two competing eras is also the least likely to know there are two eras being explored simultaneously.

9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm pretty sure they could do a standalone film about Bane or 'Bounty Hunters' etc., in any time setting, without it necessarily being an 'Old Republic' or 'Prequel Era' film, and without it impacting on other films going forward.

Shamear likes this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Who wants to see that?

11. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    You think there would be no audience interest in a film that centred around the underworld of bounty hunters or an origin story of the Sith? Really? The ST was struggling to find an original story/characters, yet made billions. Point being, there should be no limit to the opportunities to create standalone films, which don't significantly impact existing continuity. It just takes imagination/creativity, and a bit of talent.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The ST had Leia and Luke. R1 had Vader, Tarkin, Death Star while Solo had Copy Paste Solo and the financial outcome was around 400 M$
    IMO a movie about bounty hunter at the moment would end up somewhere between 600-700 M$ at best - and Disney knows this.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to see what you said but I think Disney is now producing TV stuff to find the "hook" for the next mass appealing movie.

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And if there do sithlord bane it be trilogy and not a standalone and bounty hunters is like a solo that shound't be movie.

14. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    So I agree with you re. where Disney's thinking is currently at... but I'm not sure that's the right strategy to garner success, or enjoyment of fans. If their plan is based around each future film having the draw to hit the $£billion mark, or whatever that high end indicator is, they'll probably make all the same mistakes they did (IMHO) with the ST.
    They are making a big problem for themselves if they believe Disney+ is the avenue to successful films. Sure, they can testbed ideas/concepts, but not everyone in the world has access to Disney +... so it's still a relatively niche audience in terms of who can get access to it. They'd be better off, IMHO, continuing to develop/release 'good' anthology films, that help retain and grow audience interest in Star Wars, even if not box office smashes. MCU seemed quite successful at that in the past... But that's just my opinion... :)

15. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    ‘Loki’ Creator Michael Waldron Tapped To Write Kevin Feige’s ‘Star Wars’ Movie As Part Of New Overall Deal With Disney

EXCLUSIVE: After penning Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness and serving as head writer and creator on the upcoming Disney Plus series Loki, Michael Waldron is looking to stay in business with Walt Disney Studios in a big way. Sources tell Deadline Waldron has been set to write a new Star Wars feature film that Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios and Chief Creative Officer, Marvel, will develop and produce for Lucasfilm and Disney. This is part of an unprecedented overall deal Waldron has signed with the studios that Disney has rarely given in recent years.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/loki-m...rt-of-newoverall-deal-with-disney-1234665495/

16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I seriously hate Deadline; it is without a doubt the worst of the major Hollywood trades. Although their scoops are just as legit as you'd get from Variety or The Hollywood Reporter, their fact-checking is just atrocious. Like, take this for instance: "Lucasfilm recently announced several films at Disney’s Investor Day, including Rogue Squadron with Patty Jenkins, however this was not one of them." They announced one movie, which was Rogue Squadron. We knew about Waititi's film. We knew about Indiana Jones 5. We knew about Children of Blood and Bone. That's it. Is it a big deal? No, but oh my god, how hard is it to do basic fact-checking before hitting publish?

Anyway, it's besides the point, whatever. If I had to speculate, this will be the 2027 movie, since I can't imagine it coming before Waititi's film. If that's the case, hopefully Feige has something special in mind for the series' 50th anniversary.

17. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I have a feeling this is the Rogue Squadron project. Patty Jenkins said the screenwriter would be announced very soon. She also specified that he would be a man...no big surprise their I guess.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Darth_Bertie likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This aged

Shamear likes this.
  19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Only rational I can think of is the High Republic era evidently spans a couple hundred years. These books/comics are set ~200 years prior to TPM, and The Acolyte seems to be ~100-50 years prior to TPM at the end of the era.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They said Acolyte takes play at the tale end of the High Republic Era...But as far as i'm concerned, still counts.

Shamear likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    But as you can see, I hedged my bets with the bolded. ;)

EHT likes this.
  22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    What about Leslie headlands acolyte tv show, isn’t that suppose to take place at the end of the high Republic era?

Shamear likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Open mind.

24. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    More Feige and his MCU directors in Star Wars I see.

Jedi Merkurian and Shamear like this.
  25. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I was hopping this got canned.

Bor Mullet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.