main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    yes this is very important for the continuity.. Still don't understand why George didn't put it in the script of sith ..its one of the biggest holes in the story left

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    TadoFett likes this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well if the 2 options were Obi Wan knocks him into a volcano or the one we got in the film where he burns at the edge of a lava lake... i dunno i think the edge of lava lake would be more believable. the idea of surviving being knocked into a volcano is less believable. even with this idea of a force bubble protecting him.

TadoFett, Shamear and Qui-Riv-Brid like this.
  3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Actually that's a practical effects lava lake. The Mustafar landscape was the result of the longest miniature shoot in Lucasfilm history. Some 9 months of shooting overall from start to finish.

Which makes the point that just factually calling it a "video game" is simply wrong.

Now if people want to start referring to as "swinging around like Tarzan over a practical effects lava lake" then go right ahead. I'd still disagree with it as a sentiment but at least the attribution to the VFX work would be proper.

Well for one the backstory is whatever the creator of said backstory (in this case George Lucas) wants it to be at any particular time. He can say one thing one day then another thing the next day. Until he committed it to visually then like anything else it's going to be in flux.

It was a intense, emotional and believable fight. I find it very contradictory to say that it would have been more believable having Vader knocked into the lava of the volcano if that is what you mean. That sounds good but how is that at all survivable visually? When Lucas actually went ahead and did it he apparently thought the same compared to his initial thought.

What Lucas said in 1977 was "It’s about Ben and Luke’s father and Vader when they are young Jedi knights. But Vader kills Luke’s father, then Ben and Vader have a confrontation, just like they have in Star Wars, and Ben almost kills Vader. As a matter of fact, he falls into a volcanic pit and gets fried and is one destroyed being."

4. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    I agree. When Leia says "Years ago you served my Father in the Clone Wars, now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire" it could be as simple as her emphasising his level of service at that time, and using that to appeal to him to consider that level of involvement now. It doesn't really have to suggest that it was years since they last saw each other. It was very diplomatic language on Leia's part.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Who? You mean the user?

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Mustafar scene was well played.

Another one that was pure magic was the Frankenstein-like chamber, and the way the mask locks on and the breathing starts. Love or hate the movie, can't see how you can disagree with that epic scene.

Will be interesting to see what can be done with all of this in terms of flashbacks, a Mustafar flashback? One on Coruscant? With how much CGI and other special effects have improved, the re-creation of the environment will be amazing to see.

I am beyond excited at the idea of a ROTS follow up, and everything we will see in it.

7. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Yeah

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    disappeared earlier in the year. Like around April I think hasn’t been back since.

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  10. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Fine. It looked terrible, there simple and to the point.

Mustafar looked sooo much better in Rogue One.

Qui-Riv-Brid and Nate787 like this.
  11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think Obi will bump into a young Peli Motto. Literally. It'll be an homage to Rogue One's Ponda Baba.

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He's going to spend a lot of time bumping into people, he's already down to bump into Elan Sleazebaggano to see if he re-thought his life....

DannyD likes this.
  13. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I would guess that when he and Vader duel in Obi-Wan Kenobi there won't be much talking.

Or at least the name Obi-Wan Kenobi won't come from Darth Vader. He won't need to mention it, he knows who he is.

Obi-Wan may call Vader Anakin, but that may be about it, and Anakin will probably correct him or something like that.

And then again, who knows if Obi-Wan knows who Vader is at this point, or if he even exists; if he's been on Tatooine the last 10 years. More the reason for the series, and for them to meet and have a duel. Because how does Obi-Wan know who he is in A New Hope. :cool:

They're going to make it fit. :cool:

And yeah, everyone will most likely call him Ben. I'm not sure if the Old part will be there just yet, probably not for another 10 years, so just Ben.

TadoFett and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Should be a no-brainer, ESPECIALLY since Liam wants to do it. This is a must and should be expected.

It also offers the opportunity to explore the netherworld of the Force.

But DAMN Liam makes it sound like he's been living under a rock (or in the netherworld lol) not having known about this.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I was just saying I think we will have some returning champions in the box office thread as we grow closer to the next movie release.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Canonical he did. He has a daughter and seems like a loving father

DannyD likes this.
  17. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    That will be a major story thread of the series. He will become offended and chop the arm off everybody who refers to him as “old” Ben.

“Don’t call me old” will enter pop culture like “ May the Force be with you” and “This is the way”

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He really needs to rethink his name as well then.

Django Fett and Riv_Shiel like this.
  19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    If he really spends time rethinking his name, there's no way he won't end up just like Auralnauts' "Existential Troopers".

DannyD likes this.
  20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Yes, the Maul v Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan duel in TPM was absolutely great. Although I know that Maul returned in TCW, I think they really missed an opportunity with Maul during the prequel-era by killing him off in TPM. They obviously realised that mistake during TCW. I liked Christopher Lee's Count Dooku character, too. He was intriguing and they found a great actor to play the part and it was, in my opinion, an interesting character who, again, wasn't explored enough. But, coming back to the Anakin v Obi-Wan duel in ROTS, it just didn't work for me, didn't come close to realising the extent of the emotional impact of a duel between two characters who, despite the dialogue, were brothers. Maybe the Obi-Wan series will retcon this. I hope so in some way. Ultimately, if there is a feeling that that needs to be done then this is the last, and only, opportunity to do so. We'll see.

21. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    That does work better but I still will completely disagree.

Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader is far preferable in the GFFA hell than Mordor Middle-Earth. That's bad cross movie streaming that is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's too bad. I really don't see how it could have been done any much more perfectly. Star Wars is so mythic in nature when done at it's best and I found it hit everything that it needed to. Star Wars by it's nature has a visual and musical short-hand. That's why whether it's Luke with Obi-Wan or Yoda or Han or Leia or Vader and Anakin with Qui-Gon or Padme and Obi-Wan with relatively short screen times together create these relationships.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kinda wonder if Qi'ra will end up being Obi-Wan's daughter.

23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    That's extremely unlikely.

wobbits and Intergalactic Lawman like this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    cwustudent likes this.
  25. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Is this obi ? I thought this was Andor

Well where would she be in the sequels like ??? Unless she died.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021