main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The dueling partner is definitely not Jedi material. I am not sure if my kid learned his lesson. I told him, "You really shouldn't play with that boy again." He got all indignant and said in his best Luke/Anakin whiny voice, "Mom, I'm not a 12 year old, geez." I said, "No, you are a twenty year old man who has to go to urgent care because of a lightsaber accident." I then said I was just telling him to pick more mature dueling partners because the guy that hurt him was obviously an immature jerk. :rolleyes: My kids don't listen to me. They get bent out of shape when I give unsolicited advice...but I am the person they call whenever they run into a problem. I guess that is a good thing in a way...the fact that they are willing to talk to me when they need me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Good morning! The atmosphere in Chytuckopolis is somewhat subdued this morning, but we're all feeling better now.
    Haha! Yes, I think we all did our fair share of stupid things as kids. I mean, I was so fascinated by lentils germinating in cotton that I tried "planting" a few on a towel inside my closet and it ended up getting noticed by the higher-ups because of the smell...
    Definitely just as well! Mr Chyn would be at risk of a heart attack if we did. I tend to be on the "learn the hard way" side of things, but there are limits even to that and it's fair to say that this time we crossed them.
    We saved some sauce in the freezer for you!

@gizkaspice Now that we have a better idea of how it all happened we're definitely taking her back for more tests. I spoke with the doctor this morning and he sent us a prescription for testing for just about everything you can imagine. However, he wasn't panicking either because Chyntuquita is already feeling better and she hasn't had any other symptoms. As he put it, "with everything kids put in their mouth they have a tough gut and given that your daughter spent the first couple of years of her life in a refugee camp she probably has a tougher gut than most."

@Jedi_Lover I realise that this is very wrong but your post made me laugh out loud. I hope your son is OK after all this! Chyntuquita is turning 6 next month, so we still have a lot of crazy stuff to look forward to for the years to come. I'm pretty sure she learned her lesson about licking shoes though :p and I hope she also understands now that she doesn't have to do every stupid thing her cousins tell her.
    And you, sir, just won the internet for today =D=

@jcgoble3 Everything OK?

gizkaspice and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    My now six year old used to lick shoes when he was a baby. For some reason finding the adult shoes left on the floor was the best thing ever. We used to run around the house picking everything up before he stuck it in his mouth. So gross. He’s now the most finicky kid who will tell you off for doing the wrong thing.

Meanwhile Master two just jumps off the side of couches and tries wwe wrestling moves on everyone (and we are not the type of household to watch wrestling)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Chyntuck and Briannakin like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Since we have some Dr. Who fans here:

Forgotten Doctors by PaulHanley on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]

gizkaspice and Chyntuck like this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Glad the little one is feeling better Chyn! I guess you really got to find the balance of kids just being kids and actually putting themselves and others in danger.

But kids can be really gross! I was at the mall in September (the only time I've been there since March) and besides being really stressful for multiple reasons, I saw a kid licking the floor while his mother was ordering food in the (pretty much empty) foodcourt. Like, I'm all for kids being kids, but please control your children for both their and everyone else's health!

Today was a bit better for me in terms of my mental-space but still just having a heck of a time motivating myself doing anything besides watching bad medical dramas. I tried to pull out a sewing project but I got hit with a classic case of feline-interuptus (cat decided to lay on the fabric) and I just didn't have the energy to deal with her while I tried to work on something I really didn't want to do anyways. I'm hoping tomorrow is better but I just realized its 1 am and I'm not in bed, nor am I tired. This should be fun.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep, I'm doing better now after a day of watching football (the American variety) yesterday.

7. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This. I've also seen young children left behind while the parent does something else half way across the building OR somewhere else entirely. Kids eating stuff from the ground while the mom plays with her phone. Kids almost bumping into me because they're looking for their parents. I swear some people are like ducks--and if you know anything about ducks it's that they're terrible parents.

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Get that Judoon fugitive out of my Doctor Who. If only Eleven were here, he'd save us from Chibby's fanfiction.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ouuuuch. So I went to the dentist - first time in like 18 months. Normally they like me going every 6 months but between moving, the pandemic and finding a new dentist, it just got put off. But I went like an adult and everything looks good, but now my gums are so sore :( I think this calls for another bubble bath.

BUT HOLY MAN! THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CITY AND REALLY GORGEOUS DENTISTS! Like my sister's is like the most handsome ginger ever and mine is incredibly hot.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I can guarantee you that all the hot dentists are not confined to your city! I used to have one that looked like Connor Trineer. (Trip Tucker from Star Trek Enterprise)

TheChosenSolo and Chyntuck like this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    There's a thing about dentists, isn't there? Ours is a spitting image of Marcello Mastroianni in his prime. It makes paying him a visit a lot easier.

I'm having a vicious case of lockdownitis today. In my case that translates as intense back pain – as in, my entire back seizes up and nothing I do will relax it. On the up side, it means I'm getting all the back rubs :p

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Mine are female & not especially hot. :( But they are competent; in fact, I'm seeing her today.

Heating pad, @Chyntuck?

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Mine is pretty average, but does good work and has a TV in the ceiling. When I had to have work done, I’d schedule my appointment for the time when Buffy the Vampire Slayer reruns were on.

I had a very creepy dream involving the weeping angels, so do not thank the person who brought up Doctor Who.

Jedi Knight Fett and Chyntuck like this.
  14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Yup, I have one of those. I also took a hot bath, did the ultra-long stretching sequence my yoga teacher gave me, had my baby niece crawl on my back (!) and had Mr Chyn rub me with that ointment that smells like mothballs. Right now I stink like winter clothes and blankets that just came out of storage, but I do feel a bit better.
    Sheesh, that's a five-star dentist you've got there. I need to suggest this to mine, maybe I can aim for Mandalorian reruns?

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    If I were a medical professional, I wouldn’t let people watch things that made me pause to coo happily at a certain little green guy. I’m a chronic cooer. :)

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, I'm all about letting kids be exposed to germs, but there is a line. I've seen so many people who let their babies crawl around on hospital floors... like in the ICU where every bodily fluid imaginable has been. And yes, the floor get cleaned, but people track things on their shoes. There's a reason health care workers don't wear their shoes home! Or patients that have some infectious process that requires wearing PPE, and people putting new born babies in grandpaw's lap!

I totally think this is a thing! When I was a teenager, my dentist added a new guy to his practice in the idea that the guy would take over in a few years. I loved my dentist, he was an older guy (or he was to me, now I realize he was probably my parents age, lol) but so nice. When they told me I'd be seeing the new guy, I was really upset.... until he walked into the room. He was HOT! And funny, and so very nice! I knew quite a few people at my dance classes that went to that dentist and we all used to brag about having seen him. Lol.

gizkaspice and Chyntuck like this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    My dentist is an overweight guy. :p But he has a good smile, is friendly as can be, and is gentle with the tools during a procedure and knows to make sure it's completely numb before doing stuff (and to keep it numb if a procedure takes longer than expected). I'll take that over hot looks any day.

mavjade and gizkaspice like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @Briannakin The sea shanty challenge was you, right? 'Cause there’s a sea shanty party going on on TikTok you wouldn't believe. (I don't have TikTok so I'm seeing it on Twitter, but it's pretty amazing. Apparently one guy started it and then someone else reposted his video adding a second voice, and then a third, etc. The first video I saw had an entire choir!)

19. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Yeah, I would prefer someone not conventionally attractive but is nice and knows what they're doing over someone attractive but inexperienced. That said, I generally don't care what the medical professional looks like because I'm there to get a procedure done and if you want to look pretty doing it, good for you I guess. :p

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    On thanksgiving, I was in a community sing and we did a sea shanty, so I was into that before it was cool on tiktok. :p

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My dentist has beautiful blue eyes...so much so that I thought he was wearing contact lenses. So when my husband went to him to get a filling done I asked if he noticed the dentist's deep blue eyes. He gave me a look and said, "Oh yeah, they are heavenly. I could drown in their beauty." Did I ever mention that my husband is really sarcastic. :rolleyes: Am I the only person who has seen eyes that look way too beautiful (bright or deep) to be real?

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshtar like this.
  22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My old roommate Kelly had these blue-jean-colored eyes and naturally black hair. Striking.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh yeah, I will 100% take professional skill over looks any day. My first dentist (I remember) looked EXACTLY like my 5th grade teacher - it was creepy down to the balding and the jowls - super nice guy and the best dentist I had. The woman who took over for him after he retired was also really friendly but fairly average. It's just funny because my sister always went on about how hot her dentist was here and now I randomly found one who is really just nice to look at too (I mean, yes all the dentists I've been to had tvs in the ceiling but you still get quite up and personal with the person looking at your teeth).

It was. Tic tok... kinda freaks me out. But a sea shanty from that challenge recently came up on my Spotify Discover Weekly account. The algorithm is up to something weird.

My dad was a Native American with striking blue eyes. Like envy of all women eyes. My sister ended up with brown eyes and I got blueish-grey eyes.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I've lost the will to live, but tomorrow I'm getting out and doing some volunteer training. Which means me getting on a sled pulled by a volunteer with snowshoes and getting dumped in the snow so they can rescue me. This will either re-invigorate me or make me want to curl up and hibernate.

Chyntuck and DarthIshtar like this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That really doesn't sound fun. Maybe they could rescue you from a Chippendale's show or the spa?

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the way you think. I’d be up for emergency rescue from a spa.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.