main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga - Legends Emergencies DDC 2021

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 2, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Emergencies DDC 2021

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: legends
    Character: Ivano Arvedai
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Ivano Arvedai writes a diary and meets interesting persons like Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi and Yoda

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Entry 1

The guy sitting next to me gave me this recording-device and told me to start a diary.

Who is that guy?

My long time friend Halfir Majeski who is a merchant wanting to start an ore-hauling business. And he is a trouble magnet. That's why I argued with him to accompany him to whatever planet he wanted to start the business. Yesterday we boarded a public transport bound for Alderaan.

By the way I am Ivano Arvedai and...

'Ivano we have to get lunch'.

I have to stop

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    But a diary is always something fun and necessary. It guards the memories of the past, connects with the present and helps to set the course for the future.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    This one sure will be fun and touching

Entry 2

I am sitting in my room in the Alladea-spaceport hotel and have a little bit of time to record in the diary.

With that 'Ivano we have to get lunch' we went to the galley of the IPS-transport. And it was there that Halfir found out that our tickets had Alladea as our destination. On Alderaan Alladea and Aldera are two destinations served by the IPS with Alladea coming as the cheaper ticket. Blame me, I got the tickets because I didn't want to spend almost all our credits on a trip to the first planet to search for possibilities for a big transport and a hangar for his ore-hauling. He was disappointed of course because he wanted to be in the capital Aldera. After disembarking we got a room in the nearest hotel being at the space-port. Halfir didn't want to go to the town. 'It's small Ivano. I will never find what I need here' was what he said when I left after checking in to go for a walk towards the town. But I liked what I saw and I want to stay here for a long time. The first stop was the tourist-office where I found a brochure.

Some highlights from the brocure are;
    - Alladea is more like a village but it's called a town by the inhabitants because it is a popular tourist destination surrounded by green hills and great snowcapped mountains.
    - One of the highest mountains goes by the name Appenza peak. A difficult climb can lead you to the top where you can see the capital Aldera. The heir to the throne has to climb the peak to complete the challenge of the body.
    - The Alladea-river has its origin in the mountains.
    - There is a lot of snow in the winter and because of that there are many resorts.
    - You can drive a speeder for half an hour to come to the foot of the mountains.
    - Situated in one of the valleys is an agristation run by the Jedi-temple. They are breeding nerfs, mearis and husans.

And there was more about some highrises and an industrial area near the spaceport. By the way I like to ride a husan. Maybe I can go for a visit to that station when I am settled in somewhere.

Using the brochure I found my way to the firestation. Yes you see I am a firefighter and I want to earn credits to buy a transport that will get me back if I want to return to my home-planet. I have dropped a...

Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the sightseeing descriptions! Feels nice to travel to a galaxy far, far away in Lockdown.

(Especially since other folk in Lockdown have snow in front of their front doors and we even don't have that, DarthUncle and I.)

Therefore I cherish the journeys of your main character and his eyes for detail even more.

Van harte bedankt! [:D]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful town with lots to enjoy but it's not touristy and crowded [face_laugh]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Today the snow will come too
    More will come but with a job like this....

Entry 3

The diary is a rugged device and has a touchpad for making entries. And I found out that you can record conversations by pressing a green button on the edge of the device. That way they are easy to insert in the entry and they look like this 'Ivano Arveday on speaker.'

I had to interrupt my typing because the Alladea city-fire-department called me. I walked to the station and was introduced to chief Mick Robi. He was quite impressed by my message and showed me the three fire-trucks, a ladder and a rescue-unit and several speeders. He told me more about the department being a mixture of professionals and volunteers. Chiefs, dispatchers and drivers are among the professionals. The dispatchers have their office on the second floor of the space-port station housing the trucks and rescue-units with an all professional crew. They take care of the emergencies on and near the spaceport and in the large industrial district.

I told him about my 2 years as a rookie-member of Noranan fire-station 2 and almost 5 years as a full member of the same station being a fully qualified driver and my ongoing study to become a fire investigator.

He has offered me a job as a driver in the city-fire-department to become the replacement of a driver who will be retiring in two months. And when he asked me where I was staying he told me about the rooms on the third floor of the station. 'You can rent one and have your meals and drinks in the instruction-room. And you can do kitchen-duty but you aren't the only one to have that work.'

I accepted the room. It is cheap. I can put away the earned credits for the transport. I am not the only one staying there in a room. I met Roel Ammer when I was returning from the hotel with my things. He is one of the professionals, a chief of one of the fire-trucks and busy with his study to become the next chief of the department. I told him about my study. He asked about my age. When I told him that I will celebrate my 30th birthday in a few weeks he began to smile. 'I am 25. You are on my crew tomorrow acting as my driver. We are the first to respond to an emergency. And I will show you where we can eat and have something to drink. It comes with the room.'

Halfir too has applied for a job in Alladea. Tomorrow he has his interview for the job. I hope he will accept it because I don't want to leave Alderaan.

He has seen my first two entries in the diary and said 'You getting into trouble with your fire-fighting and into the hospital where you became an escape-artist was the main reason I wanted to go and explore the galaxy. That group of humans going with us and boarding the IPS-transport is now on its way to the capital Aldera.'

Huh; Halfir is reckless when he is at the controls of a speeder or transport.

I have assured him that Alladea won't get me into trouble. 'I will be a driver for the fire-truck. And you know; I have never crashed a speeder.'

With that he was silent and very eager to see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice getting settled in a new job

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    New jobs and getting settled. I know all about it.

Please write on! Verder, verder!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and his friend?
    It is continuing

Entry 4

Halfir came to visit me after my first day at the department ended and was very satisfied when he saw the fire-truck that was to be driven by me.

'That's what I call a safe job' was what he said before telling me about the desk job he had accepted. 'It's for two years at the maximum and it comes with a rental apartment in one of the suburbs. You can join me if you like.'

I told him that I don't want to leave my cozy room in the attic. I showed him the benefits of the room and ended with 'I have to buy a speeder to get to work and you know' and with that he interrupted me and said

'you can be a crazy driver too. Yes stay here and I won't get worried.'

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the teasing about commuting and being a crazy driver

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    more in the next entry

Entry 5

I have been quite busy the past weeks enrolling in the RFA (Republic Fire Academy) to become a fire-investigator. Asked by one of the RFA administrators I showed them a copy of my graduation at the MFA. That doesn't count at all for the RFA. They have never heard about the MFA. Ah your home-planet study. No way. It isn't accepted by the Republic. I had to take an admittance-exam. They weren't impressed at all by my vast knowledge. I have to start anew; first to get my basic firefighter and rescue papers. I don't have to travel far. Lessons are given at the Space-port station. And they are very easy for me but you have to take all the 50 lessons – given once a week – and do the exams (5).

Getting to know my new colleagues kept me busy too.

Pro's are dressed in uniforms. The uniform – a blue shirt and blue cargo-pants – is usually called blues.

Volunteers come in whatever they are wearing when the alarm sounds. It is sometimes quite funny when you see a volunteer hurrying in. One came dressed in pyama's and wearing slippers from his wife. Some office-workers come in their suits. And a farmer comes with clogs and overalls trailing manure, mud and hay.

Once a week in the evening we have for the volunteers exercises in the courtyard and lessons in the instruction-room which is also serving as our kitchen. Preparing is done by the pro's.

And at least once a day there is an alarm, false or real but we are always responding.

Chief Robi usually takes the command-speeder. And he is the only one called Chief or chief Robi. The others like to be called by their given name.

Roel Ammer is the chief of my truck or engine as it is mostly called by all our volunteers. Bail Verlane is the chief of the ladder or the rescue-unit. Ken Resno, Wedge Lassen and Cas Norup are the other drivers. And we have volunteer chiefs, drivers and crew.

Sometimes I take the command when Ken, Wedge or Cas likes to drive. Chief Robi has no objections to me taking command. He has seen what I can do.

And it is not unusual for me to take one of the places for the crew when one of the volunteer drivers wants to take the engine as he or she calls it.

I can do that now that Halfir has left and won't comment on the dangers of my job.

The desk job was not to his liking and he could quit. He wanted to explore more planets. Yesterday he boarded a freighter bound for Corellia.

I don't want to follow him. The job here is nice and not dangerous at all when you follow the rules. And I will know when there is danger because...

Alarm.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi, there! Here I am again.

I liked this passage in diary entrance 4 a lot:

'That's what I call a safe job' was what he said before telling me about the desk job he had accepted. 'It's for two years at the maximum and it comes with a rental apartment in one of the suburbs. You can join me if you like.'

That´s a nice offer.

But as entry 5 shows us, there are huge obstacles. The certification of other exams and job experience elsewhere. The Republic sounds as stiff as the Berlin senate here. ;)

Great connection to RL annoyances.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great details about having to "start from scratch" because of certification rules. :p

Seems to have a nice bunch of coworkers. The volunteers [face_mischief] you never know how they'll be dressed when they arrive :oops:

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Stiff republic yes and stiff Medical services here. My mom 91 ; for Covid inoculation a three hour trip to Schiphol on a remote parking-area with no restrooms. That's almost impossible.
    Volunteers were dressed like that. Pink slippers, only underwear, cooks-apron, I have seen all. And that republic and rules. With Covid they are changing them each time for the groups to inoculate

Entry 6

My study once a week kept me very busy with no time to record anything in my diary. The basic study is very easy but you have to read all the stuff and be present at all the lessons. Exams 1 and 2 are done. 3 to go and I will have my official Republic basic firefighter and rescue license required to begin with my study to become a Republic fire-investigator. For Chief Robi the graduation at MFA is enough to let me take command and drive the truck.

We had of course the alarms keeping us busy.

Cooks busy. Nerf steak burnt to a crisp.

Bonfires. Setting a roof on fire.

Fireworks and bonfires at New Years eve. Mayhem for us because youths are drinking too much and don't want us to douse their lovely fire that's about to set a speeder on fire. They were throwing fire-crackers and bombs toward our truck. Chief Robi smiled when he bumped against Wedge holding a hose. Wedge had the hose going this and that way and that had those goons wet and leaving the scene.

Tourists! Yeah; I have seen numerous different species in the last month because it is the winter-season. One woman was heavy-weight, had broken her left leg and had to be transported to a hospital. We used an U-haul truck.

This morning we took one of the fire-trucks for a trip to the mountains for inspection of the Jedi agristation and the Golden meadow hotel. I had put my diary in my fatigues.

'They have to follow the rules of the fire-department and are on our list for inspection today' was what Roel said when we left the station. Four volunteers had joined us in the back of the truck. They like the ride and some are known to take every opportunity to be on an inspection-trip to the resorts in the mountains. A gourmet-dinner is often served.

My first impression of the Jedi agristation was that it was beautiful situated at the foot of the mountains with green meadows populated by cream colored nerfs, mearis and husans.

'One of us has to stay with the truck' Roel said.

I offered to be that guy. 'You can tell me all about Jedi and their agristation when you get back.'

They came back and I had put the diary on record when we drove away.

This part of the discussion is now saved in the diary.

Did you see that Zabrak lifting a log?”

That's Fikri Rinuon. He is strong in the Force and had to leave the Jedi when he fell in love with illia Onosta and wanted to marry.”

He has been teaching himself Jedi-techniques.”

illia was not accepted as a padawan by a master and was sent to this agristation and Fikri followed. He will marry her when he is of legal age for the Alderaan law.”

I heard that single Force sensitives are brought to the Jedi-temple on Coruscant to be drafted into the service of the Jedi-knights.”

Did you see those beautiful nerfs?”

The rest of the talk was about the animals and the inspection.

And now despite the very beautiful husans I have seen and longed to ride I will avoid that station. Force-sensitives; I have to be careful and will encrypt my diary.

The Golden meadow hotel was our next stop and I stayed again with the truck. And that had me meeting a teenager wanting to see the truck. Bail was staying in the hotel with his parents.

When Roel came with a veggie-sandwich for me he saw Bail running to his parents. 'That is Bail Organa and he is a member of the royal family of Alderaan, destined to become a leader.'

Returning to the station the volunteers and Roel resumed talking about their delicious lunch.

There was a letter from Halfir for me.

For Ivano Arvedai.

I told you that I would go to Kuat because that planet is famous for beautiful transports made there at the Kuat-shipyards. But an add at the Coronet city spaceport had me going to Corruul where they are building YT-1300 freighters. They had new ones – too expensive for me – second hand ones and one very decrepit looking one coming with an astromech called Messy. That one was cheap and I have bought it and the first thing I will have to do is to make repairs, paint it and add small weapons and shields. I have named her the Kerebuy Hawk and here is a picture of her. Do only the driving and keep safe Ivano.

Halfir Majeski

room 104 Corruul central hotel

Corruul

Corellia

Halfir has earned an engineering grade too besides economics and trade. That will have him with a safe ship. He will add small weapons and shields. That will keep me at ease. But the name Messy; that will have me wondering if Halfir won't run into trouble.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Many exciting events with fires and bonfires :oops: Beautiful scenery at the agriStation. Cool mention of Bail.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I also liked the Bail Cameo very much.

And it saddens me to hear about the perils your mom had to undergo.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Bail will be again in the diary
    We didn't go to Schiphol. I will wait for my covid and take my mom with me

Entry 7

Birthday celebrations are quite special here. Chief Robi had told the crews that I was turning 30 on 10 relona. After waking up and taking a shower I went down to the main hall and should have known when I descended the stairs. Two trucks were not in the hall. Usually Roel or Bail is doing some kitchen-duty in the instruction-room. But it was silence all over the place. Longing for a caf and a bowl of porridge I started to walk to the kitchen. And there they were. Roel, Bail, Cas and Ken grabbed me and carried me outside in the courtyard where all the volunteers were standing next to the two trucks, hoses at the ready. A water-bassin was my destination and I was doused by the guys and girls. Shivering I returned to the hall where Wedge and Cas wrapped me in blankets. I hurried to the shower, got a dry uniform and when I was dry and warm again I returned to the hall where the entire crew congratulated me. And they had a large birthday-cake for me with 3 large candles.

Entry 8

Tomorrow we have a fire show at the station. Chief Robi came to see how we were decorating the station and with him was his son Luciano. The kid was celebrating his 10th birthday. And the only present he wanted was a visit to the station and a helmet. He was very exuberant when he saw what we were doing.

Chief Robi told me that he didn't take his son often to the station. 'He has to do his school-work and with a visit to the station the only thing on his mind is becoming a firefighter. There are other interesting job you see.'

I helped Luciano to don my coat after he got a children's helmet from his father. The boy was smiling and said 'I will become a firefighter just like my father.'

Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice camaraderie and sweet with Luciano

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The boy was smiling and said 'I will become a firefighter just like my father.'

Probably a better choice than becoming a jedi knight. ;) And it helps to avoid the attention of Vader & the Emperor. :p

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And what did Luciano become?
    But being not a Force sensitive he became....

Entry 9

I couldn't record anything for the past 10 years and 8 months because the diary was lost. The day after Luciano came to visit us with his father we had that show. You have big children donning your fatigues and going everywhere. I had to get my fatigues back for the next part of the show and found them worn by a large boy accompanying his friend and a younger brother. I should have checked all my pockets but I was in a bit of a hurry when I asked the boy to give me my fatigues. My diary showed up today in the bottom of a box for spare-parts in the tool-room. I needed a strap and found that and my diary.

A lot has happened and some of the important events are listed here.

Roel Ammer has been promoted to deputy chief.

Luciano Robi left his home to study in the capital to become a firefighter just like his dad. He has graduated and joined the Alladea fire-department at the spaceport station. He had a big fire two months after he joined the department. We were called for assistance too when a large woodprocessing factory was on fire. That fire became a firestorm and a factory for riverboats was lost. Even companies from the capital came to Alladea to help. Luciano wanted to learn more about big fires and left Alladea a week ago to go to Coruscant. His dad agreed fully with his decision.

Due to my being very cautious before engaging in a rescue I have earned a nickname; Mr Watch Out.

I have been investigating the cause of fires, supervised by chief Robi, after completing the first two modules of the RFA fire-investigator study.

Now I can record what happened two months ago because there has been a celebration shown on the holonet. Princes Breha is released from hospital.

Two months ago there was a lot of activity in the air above the mountains. Our shift was on a training-exercise in the mountains when we got a message to prepare for assistance with a rescue. We didn't get involved though. We could see a medevac descending on the slopes of Appenza Peak, staying there for only a short time and speeding away bound for the capital. In the evening it was on the holotube. Princess Breha was in the medevac. At the age of sixteen, she underwent her day of demand ceremony, during which she claimed her right to the throne by naming three challenges she would have to complete to prove herself worthy. While completing the challenge of the body by climbing Appenza Peak, Princess Breha suffered a bad fall and her injuries nearly killed her. The quick reaction of guards observing her from a distance saved her.

I have to go.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting action/rescues

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and fun in the next entry

Entry 10

To go was for the exams for the volunteers. That was yesterday. We have a party today. Six volunteers have graduated and are getting their pagers. Roel is in for some mischief and I am joining him because I know what he is planning. My diary is now set on record and in the pocket of my uniform.

Getting ready Ivano?”

Yes and we have to hurry.”

krsswrwwsr

swssttt

Fatigues ready.”

gurrrglll swwwwwsssshhhhssss

Ready Ivano. They are coming.”

Yes.”

sswwwwsssshhhhh sssssshhhhhwwwwsss

Aw no”

I am wet.”

Eek”

Brrrrr”

What's this”

Your wetting ceremony.”

swish shwwish swwwsssssiiiisssssh

Ammer, Arvedai, I should have figured out now what you were planning.”

It's only water Chief”

Yeah cold water.”

Ammer, Arvedai get dressed in your dress-suit for the ceremony.”

Yes chief”

Yes chief.

sww bump krwwb shhhnnn

This collar is uncomfortable.”

I know Ivano. Hurry. It's only for one hour.”

click.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Fun up-date. As usual!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Great waterish fun [face_mischief]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the next one with Breha and Bail too.
    More fun in the next entry inspired by the 'Springtime Meadow of Wildflowers & Berries! challenge using the prompts Silver lining and Daydream Reverie

Entry 11

Today started with a blaring alarm from the PA-system. I was awake already expecting the beeping to be followed by the usual alert that would have me rushing down the stairs but no. It was chief Robi ordering all pro's to come to the instruction room in our dress-suits. It had me searching for my dress-suit and what happened? I found my diary again. I must have placed it in one of the pockets of the suit after deactivating the recording. I began to dress and gazing out of the window in my room I saw the sun giving the clouds a silver lining. A special day indeed. But to wear that uncomfortable thing? Coming into the instruction room I saw the holotube on with the Alladea news beginning.

Chief Robi was busy making caf and Roel soon joined us making porridge. We were finished with our breakfast when the news ended with the Alderaan anthem and the announcer saying 'stay tuned for a glorious day. We will go now live.'

Four speeders arrived soon with Bail, Ken, Wedge and Cas, all in their dress-suits.

I put my diary on record and some of the funny comments are here.

'Why this chief?'

'You know we don't like dress-suits.'

'But this is a glorious day. Sit down.'

And we watched the holotube squirming with our fingers and loosening the uncomfortable collars when the morning progressed. No alarm to get rid of the uniform. The only one who seemed comfortable was chief Robi. He left the room and came back with decorated pastries coming from a famous bakery.

'Hey Bail? That's your name on the pastry.'

'Uh?'

'Tell us about your daydream reverie.'

'Were you dreaming about your namesake?'

'Nah, not at all. Becoming a royal like Bail Organa and married to Breha will be boring just like this is boring.'

'But the pastries are nice.'

'Your idea chief?'

'No, every citizen will get them.'

Breha became queen and married her great love Bail Organa. That was the teenager I met all those years ago at the Golden meadow hotel. He is now viceroy Organa.

Festivities in every town and village and of course for us.

No alarms too and it was when chief Robi dismissed us after the show ended that Roel and I sped up the stairs to get rid of the dress-suit.

We were far more comfortable when we returned to the instruction room for lunch.