main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    And let's remember, in a few years Din will be a "classic character" and people will be really stoked to see him show up or "return" in other stuff. And to be honest he's better written and has more personality out of the box than a lot of fan favorites did in their early appearances. One of the great delights of the show to me has always been his quiet moments by himself or with Grogu. People remember the "big" moments, but that stuff really makes the show.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Tom Hanks should be casted as Thrawn

Bor Mullet and Kato Sai like this.
  3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    You’re my favorite Admiral! :p

RetropME and Darth Smurf like this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Jinn
    Finn
    Din
    Djarin

What could this mean? [face_thinking]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Am I the only one who would not at all be surprised if Bo-Katan turns out to be season 3's villain, or if Boba joins the fight to retake Mandalore?

7. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020

I think she has the potential to definitely be one. Thinking back to Ep. 13, she wasn't very forthcoming with Din about wanting the entire Imperial Cruiser. Right there, I'm thinking .. Don't trust her. She also hasn't been forthcoming about what has happened on Mandalore. Seems like no Mandalorians have any clear idea about what is currently going on within the planet. Also, the annoyance on her face when Mando walked in with the Darksaber said plenty. Boba Fett will definitely come into play considering the tension between him and the "Princess". Should be interesting.

Sarge likes this.
  8. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015

If they replaced the entire ST with this 3 minute clip I would be eternally grateful.

makare2000 and RetropME like this.
  9. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I feel like, dramatically, whether she’s a reluctant ally, a morally ambiguous antagonist, or a fanatic and self-righteous villain will emerge late in the season.

At some point, Din is going to get actualized to serve all Mandalorians and take part in the larger question of where they’re going as a culture. Whether Bo ends up being a productive part of that, an impediment that doesn’t require open confrontation but does require opposition, or someone he’s going to have to hold the darksaber against through violence... that’s what we’re waiting to see.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  10. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Yes, I agree. You articulate this point very well. Her role is still a mystery and will be interesting to see what happens.

Cyber Spark and godisawesome like this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I feel like Bo is going to have a major problem with Din next season, because Bo doesn't consider people who are adopted into the culture (foundlings) to be Mandalorians??? At least in the case with Boba. I mean, Din earned the darksaber and Bo didn't, and I feel like the rest of the Mando's will be on board with him over Bo just for that alone. Plus, Mandalorians and their culture were pretty much founded through adoption. I can definitely see Bo being a villian next season.

Cyber Spark and Zoe Con like this.
  12. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    Not quite.

Bo: "You are not a Mandalorian."
    Boba: "Never said I was."
    (---)
    Bo: "You're a disgrace to your armor."
    Boba: "This armor belonged to my father."
    Bo: "Don't you mean your donor?"

Bo didn't see Boba as Jango's son not because he was adopted, but because he's a clone. Basically, she was just being a bigot towards clones.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    If Jango was adopted though, that makes Mandalorian, and by extension, one could say that his clones are Mandalorian as well. I get what you mean, but clone or not technically speaking, Boba was adopted by Jango, who was a Mandalorian through adoption. That makes Boba one even if he doesn't consider himself Mandalorian. Although he still wears he armour. I do agree that Bo's remark was uncalled for though.

It makes me want a Mandalorian Civil War show with Satine, Obi-Wan etc. Because I feel like it would add to the background of why Bo and Satine thought the way they did.

14. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    What I mean is that Bo didn't consider Boba a real person because he was a clone and therefore she didn't consider him Jango's son.

Didn't Bo know that Din was a foundling or am I misremembering?

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I think she did? But I don't know actually.

TadoFett likes this.
  16. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    With Bo-Katan, it might be best to evaluate her through the perspective of being a secular nationalist hailing from a noble family line. Whether Bo-Katan is truly an elitist who believes in the privileges of her station or not is still unknown, but remains a possibility, and we know lineage has a genuine value to her distinct from adherence to the code Din follows as religious convert adopted on the frontier.

Boba represents and interesting puzzle in how exactly he fits into things, as he could either just be a unique character directly tied to the Mandalorian but still unique enough to make a case for being an off-shoot... or he could represent secular nomads of Mandalore -the group that old Legends material sometimes identified as “Mandalorian Mercs.”

We know that Din initially believed a strict adherence to the Watch’s teachings meant that even someone born into Mandalorian society wearing ancestral army could be accused of not being “truly” Mandalorian, even though we’ve seen him clearly develop beyond that, and we can see he respects Boba’s claim on the armor upon seeing Boba’s lineage, in spite of Boba’s apathy towards his cultural identity, which might hint that once Din accepts descent as valid, any descent is valid in his POV.

It’s possible Bo-Katan, owing more to her aristocratic background, might consider Boba’s origins from the foundling Jango through neither traditional reproduction nor ceremonial adoption a disqualifier, as it would leave him with neither the clan-based cultural station she herself identifies with, nor the creed-based station she identifies Din with.

It’s an area of dispute that reminds you that Bo-Katan hails from an extremist sect herself, and does, regardless of her improved behavior, still view things in a somewhat exclusionary light... which makes that a question of whether or not Din will share that POV.

17. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    I also wanted to get into this but I just couldn't get the words, so it's nice that you could do it and much better.

I suspect that Bo's ideology would also play a part in how she views people that are Mandalorians by family but do not share the identity. To her, Mandalorian armor is something reserved for "true Mandalorians" while to people like Boba, it is a family heirloom.

godisawesome likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    While I am curious about Season 3, Mando would end perfectly at Two Seasons, the Season 2 finale wrapped up everything nicely.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I guess its possible that the spear might be the one Dryden Vos acquired from the museum on Ordo.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    They did leave a couple plot threads hanging, so...

Zoe Con likes this.
  21. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Din’s Quest of the Child is over for now.... but the book of Din is still being written, and that may have been only The First Quest of the Child.

It’s handy for me to think of him as one of King Arthur’s knights, pursuing seemingly impossible goals one at a time, and unknowingly encountering greater adventures and characters along the way while staying focused on his central idea.

Hilariously, he most reminds me of Perceval, and the man-child version of Perceval at that, fro. his earliest romances, where he’s an amazingly ignorant but determined adventurer and a testament to the potential pitfalls of homeschooling.:D

Sarge, Zoe Con and TadoFett like this.
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    You forgot Jyn (Erso) :p

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably cause Din means "religion" or "way of life" in Arabic and Djarin sounds very close to Djinn(like Jinn) which means genie. Although is also possible that Djarin was also a play on Django, the Sergio Corbucci character played by Franco Nero whose name also inspired Jango Fett.

Sarge, Lulu Mars and Kato Sai like this.
  24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    So I did! :oops:

25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016