main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Fantha Tracks are saying it's Andor.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The newspaper says its for Obi-Wan. It doesn't fit with the earliest reports that Obi-Wan was going to be filmed in Southern California/Yuma area.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The show could easily feature more than one planet.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Haven't they already confirmed that we will see more than one? Tatooine is a given, but the official website also mentioned some sort of water planet. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Mustafar again, too.

5. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Perhaps he pops in to see Taun We to get his head around her version of the clone army creation in Attack of the Clones? I mean, it's still suspect on repeated viewings.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Doompup likes this.
  6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Probably. one of the pieces of concept art had Vader sitting on a throne. so I'm guessing that's in his castle on Mustafar.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  7. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Doesn’t obi not start until a few weeks from now or in March? And andor is active? I’m not sure.

8. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I doubt they will do that, since they address that in canon already in The Clone Wars.

In the old EU, they did have Obi Wan leave Tatooine to help some fellow surviving Jedi, before returning to exile. I didn't particularly like that storyline, which was intended for younger readers. It does give an idea of one way to have him leave temporarily, and shows that the idea is not unprecedented. That book also showed how Obi Wan learned Vader had survived Mustafar, which should be addressed in this series. In the old book, it was simply him seeing Vader on Holonet while in a bar, lol.

As far as another duel with Vader, the language in ANH compared to how things transpire in ROTS does leave a bit of wiggle room for another meeting in the interim. They would have to figure out a way to make this off Tatooine, and why Vader wouldn't have pursued him obsessively. Maybe they just meet in a vision, or via the force?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Doompup and naw ibo like this.
  9. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    I know, I was kidding. I must use more emojis to meet some of my posts clearer. :)

TadoFett likes this.
  10. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    The news of Liam Neeson interested in returning in the show has me excited. This is too good an opportunity to pass up, especially when his presence doesn't need any in-depth explanation with where Revenge of the Sith left off. Speaking of, part of the ending of ROTS had to be deleted after Neeson dropped out due to a personal issue; you can see the unfinished scene on the Blu-ray of Yoda reaching out to Qui-Gon, who is voiced by a stand-in actor. Finishing this scene would immediately give them some excellent content for the show.

I'm a little concerned for how much content they have to work with since being in exile infers that not much went on. Even in an era where they had tons of opportunities like the Clone Wars, they had the main cast duel with Dooku and Grievous, despite being inferred in ROTS that no such encounters occurred between them and Anakin/Obi-Wan. Anakin's "my powers have double since the last time we met" was bent to refer to their last meeting in the Clone Wars, so by the same logic Vader's line about "when I left you I was but the learner" could be altered to refer to another duel Obi-Wan and Vader had.

TadoFett likes this.
  11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Imagine if they took TCW approach for interpreting Vader's lines in the OT

'Obi Wan once thought as you did....about a couple weeks before the Death Star blew up, I think it was during our seventh duel in as many months.'

Doompup, SlashMan, DannyD and 2 others like this.
  12. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    So Obi-Wan watches over Luke for years.

Maybe the series is a haunted-character study. Maybe it's an adventure-fest. Bit of both? I'm looking forward to it.

In either case...

After however many thousands of days of being safe and sound and looked after, Luke goes and gets himself into mortal danger.

And where was Obi-Wan?!

Ironing his Jedi robes into more pointy shapes?! Getting a drink?! A sudden look of "uh-oh" as he realises his Spidey sense truly wasn't as good as Anakin's? Thankfully the danger...is just a short walk away?

All I can say is...

"Good job!"

13. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015

Rebels makes it seem like Vader was still pursuing him obsessively (perhaps even to Palpatine’s annoyance). Perhaps the encounter could explain why Palpatine thinks Kenobi is dead

cwustudent and TadoFett like this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That village will really have something to complain about when they pour all the lava down onto them.

B3 likes this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    We really shouldn't refer to the Daily Mail as a newspaper. It's an insult to newspapers, news, and papers.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  17. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    And life.

18. AlwaystheForce

AlwaystheForce Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2021
    It seems Mon Mothma will be in this. Quite a surprise.
    Commander Cody will definitely be in this. It will be interesting to see the "reunion" after Order 66.
    Apparently Boba Fett will also be in this.

I would rather have Darth Maul in this than Vader. Vader at this point is just fan service. Vader is awesome, but it seems he is being plugged in everywhere. Darth Maul fighting Obi-wan would be awesome.

Maybe the Emperor will show up ?
    Seeing Ahsoka would be really nice and reuniting with Obi-wan.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Wait. Who said Mon Mothma is in the show? And Cody? And Fett? Where is this coming from?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    cwustudent likes this.
  20. AlwaystheForce

Jan 24, 2021
    Genevieve O'Reilly is mentioned on IMDB.

Also, Youtube channels delivering Star Wars news mentioned Cody and Fett being in the series.

21. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Man, Temuera Morrison is practically set for life. Good for him.

These next few years are gonna be the year(s) of Boba Fett.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Shamear and AlwaystheForce like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    O’Reilly is confirmed to be returning for Andor. She could be in this too but IMDb listing her isn’t any kind of confirmation. The site can be edited by anyone so it’s prone to be wrong.

And YouTubers... lol.

wobbits, Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. AlwaystheForce

Jan 24, 2021
    As far as I understand it, only companies can edit the credits. Not everyone. And there are Youtubers with inside sources.

24. This show should have been shortly after Revange of the Sith than being so close to A New Hope

25. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    It's in that spot between both. 9 or 10 BBY.