main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Crod1992

Crod1992 Jedi Padawan

May 27, 2020
    deadline said mini series hope they are wrong on that

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep some people (rumors) said it was a mini series

But in all official stuff Lucasfilm has just said series

TadoFett and Crod1992 like this.
  3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    It's an event series but that doesn't mean that they can't have another event at some point. Temuera Morrison is going to be one busy guy being Boba as well as Rex and Cody and whatever other clones.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not an event series find me a source that says it is. I’ll accept Lucasfilm, Variety or Hollywood reporter

Riv_Shiel and Crod1992 like this.
  5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    It'd be cool if this show covered some of the ground the last two unmade seasons of TCW and the 1313 game were going to. An appearance of characters like the C-21 Highsinger Droid and Aurra Sing would be wish fulfilment. As would be a flashback or two to Jango and Zam Wesell.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well Temuera morrison had wanted to return to the Star Wars universe for a while, so i'm happy that he has in quite a big way now. Who could complain about having several characters in this series. Any Clone is basically his face.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd love to see a flashback episode that showed why Jango leaves Mandalore, may be taking some of the old EU. I think a story where you see Jango and Jaster Mereel and Montross fighting in the Mandalorian Civil Wars, Jaster could be played by Alan Dale or Sam Neill and Montross by Jason Clarke. The story sees Montross murder Jaster and frame Jango, forcing Jango to leave Mandalore.

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Looking forward to it , Temuera Morrison is bloody brilliant as Boba Fett....

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Weird to think that for the next four or five years or so Temuera Morrison is basically going to be the face of SW. I think that's pretty awesome.

10. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It is! And stranger still, basically between 2005 and now, all the many many characters he will now be playing were embodied by another guy (Dee Bradley Baker) in countless performances.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I think it's awesome how much they added to Boba's character with a few short scenes. They (finally) made his father a Mandalorian, they implied that he had developed an addiction due to the trauma of what happened to him, and most importantly, they showed that he valued his word and honor over money or fame.

Nothing there is really earth-shattering but it adds so much to the character without cheapening what the fans loved about him.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'm just glad I'm around to see Boba's revival. I know some casual star wars fans that love Fett, so bringing him back into the fold and enriching his story is first just fun to see, but a smart move to bring in more fans back to the galaxy.

RetropME and Crod1992 like this.
  13. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    I would love to see Nar Shaddaa, but I would also love to see Coruscant's underworld!

SlashMan, Alien Vanguard and RetropME like this.
  14. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Shortly after rumors of this show began to appear, I seem to recall a casting call for two young actors going out, with people believing it was for this. Anybody have any ideas about who they could be playing?

Regardless, this is really the only Mando spin-off I'm all that hyped about, and it's for a character I had no strong feelings for prior to season two. I guess you really can't go wrong with a show that has both Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen!

Crod1992 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its a show I'm really curious about because they went much further with the character of Boba in series 2 of Mando then i thought they would go. so now he is getting his own show... this will be interesting.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  16. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I was a little disappointed that we didn't see Boba Fett in the classic flight suit in The Mandalorian, but obviously was more satisfied than anything that they brought him back. Still, seeing Temuera in the classic outfit would help bridge the short in-universe gap between Jedi and The Mandalorian. The concept art shows they were considering the idea for both Cobb Vanth and Boba's proper return, so it was definitely in consideration.

The next best thing though? Flashbacks–both retelling the sail barge assault from Boba's POV and showing his survival (I'm VERY certain we're going to see the latter). While that would consist of new footage, I think retelling Boba's fight in Jedi could be done mostly through archive footage. If anyone is familiar with Cobra Kai, they've made very effective flashback sequences using outtakes from the original Karate Kid films. Lucasfilm is very thorough and organized when it comes to their digitized archive of outtake footage (see Rogue One). Furthermore, seeing some unedited footage of Boba Fett's stuntmen reveals that the editing was what really ruined the performance. Dividing the focus between Luke, Boba, Han/Chewie, Lando, and some other goons lead to stretches where it looked like Boba was just standing around doing nothing. Re-editing the fight with a focus on just Luke and Boba could really redeem that sequence.

Shadao and Cyber Spark like this.
  17. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    I'm actually kinda glad they went with the robes, because damn, they look awesome as hell. This seriously RADIATES badass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And honestly, badass is what Boba Fett is all about. As for flashbacks, a Boba Fett show is begging to be loaded with them. I would personally love to see the events of TESB from Boba's perspective as well as his survival, maybe a few flashbacks to young Boba featuring Daniel Logan on Coruscant. I never thought of using archive footage though, that is smart!

18. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    When you call the show "the book of boba" the thought that always comes to mind is like a diary, you read it to remember the past events. so id be kinda surprised if there was no flashbacks with that title. but we will see. maybe it has a different meaning.

19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017

Some of the production shots here whet the appetite...

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/8599/

For actual archive footage, I think there will be some from AOTC (young Boba) and ESB (bit older Boba) than ROTJ. My rationale is that the OT Special Editions required additional footage of Boba to be shot.

However, you could just have Daniel Logan playing a younger Boba. In the link above, the image of DL as a younger Boba (in the iconic armour) is brilliant. (With some make-up of course).

We've seen skiffs, Tatooine, and other things that resemble ROTJ-era stuff. And most folks seem happy with it. By the time BoB comes out, there will be a few other sets to utilise. So there might be the technology/visuals for recreating a certain scene or a different angle on a certain scene or the aftermath of a certain scene from ROTJ. ;-)

RetropME and SlashMan like this.
  20. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Much as I love Boba, I'm fine with this being a limited series. In fact, I like the idea of most of these series being limited. I don't need a bazillion Star Wars shows airing at the same time.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    RetropME likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean right now we have
    The Acolyte
    Mando
    Rangers
    Bad Batch
    And maybe Boba
    As multi season shows

23. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I’m curious to see how many will be going at the same time, or if they’ll try to space them out one after the other as much as possible.

24. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    My guess is they’ll do a similar roll out to what Marvel is doing this year - have one show on at a time, have a two week break and start the next one.

25. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Eventually a time may come when D+ is airing multiple new shows a week but we aren’t quite there yet. Probably won’t be for another few years before they reach that point.