main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED ESAF ESPAC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 17, 2021.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

Decameron Alpha is the current home for those beings who seek to learn about the ‘grey way’, the ‘middle path’, the teachings of the Dai Bendu, the Gamut of the Force. These Force Users live in harmony upon the verdant planet, seeking to understand deeper mysteries beyond Light and Dark, Ashla and Bogan.

One of their many practices involve experiencing probabilities from which they can learn and grow. Such depth of mediation occurs in the Great Chamber of the Imaginarium; a place where through meditation, one can experience probable scenarios in such great detail, it could almost be considered real.

Welcome to ESAF ESPAC:

A place for Casual Roleplaying for members and friends of the EUC Grey Jedi Order ( which include, Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, Shado Varmiri, Jensaarai, Rebels, Imperials, Aliens, Droids, basically everyone, you get the picture.)

1 on 1 RPs, Short Stories, Sparring Sessions, Small Group Events and more can be posted here.

Remember to use the ‘Tag system’ for the sake of continuity, be fair, and above all, respect each other and follow the TOS.

Moderators
    still have final say, just to be clear, so mind your Ps and Qs.

Please have fun.

The Force is One.

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The earlier posts to this RP are on this page:

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...een-and-unsung.50033145/page-41#post-57163322

The Grey Jedi stepped closer to Arren, he felt uneasy so close to the dark lady. The attempt was to distract from his real intent, the Nightsister volume. He tried to bury his purpose behind a new mask, his own face. Peering at Arren, he then said:

“Indeed, adapt or die, such lessons I learned before coming to this planet, to this place. Alas, the danger of our quest to avoid suffering is the trap known as self protection, which leads to a greater prison.”

Nkri turned back to the bookcase.

“I must confess that balance is hard to achieve, easier to swing on the poles of the Light or Dark, to be a Paladin or Tyrant, instead of confronting that both natures are within us and more importantly are the fullness that makes us who we are.”

The Disciple could hide his intent anymore. He reached out in the Force and the Peridot volume levitated to his hand. His hands began to burn as if passed through flames. Inside was the answers, but what was the cost? Nkri felt himself break forth as from a spell, the book he held now caste back on the table.

“Forgive me.. I have been decieving you. My aim has been that codex and the secrets therein.. but I refuse to travel back down this path.. the path of torment. My apologies, the book obviously belongs to this library, I am ashamed it tempted me to not be forthwright.”

TAG: @Ava G.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Narancia, greyjedi125 and Ava G. like this.
  3. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

The tome hit the table.

She blinked and snapped out of her trance, raising a bit to see the cover.

"Nightsisters." Did he believe her to be a Nightsister, guarding her spell books? "I flipped through that one."

She rested on her back and sighed. Glowing birds' eyes glared down at her from the rafters. "You can borrow any book you wish. This library doesn't belong to me. I'm a guest here just as you are."

Though Nkri seemed to fear these volumes, or at least those containing dark side spells. Perhaps he knew his own weaknesses.

TAG: @Kato Sai

Narancia likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti

The Disciple sensed that he had misjudged the motives of this Dark Lady. He could not help but fancy her, the aura of passion that he knew too well, her jet black hair, and the air of confidence in which she carried herself. Nkri moved towards the library shelf that had a Rodian skull, he picked it up and eyed the holes that once held large orb like eyes.

“Do you ever feel the emptiness? The void. I am told the Force is all around us, but at times I feel nothing, nothing but futility..”

The Grey Jedi did not understand what made him share such feelings.

Narancia likes this.
  5. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    OOC

Interesting. Yesterday in the Grey Jedi group you said that Anakin showed traits of Borderline Personality Disorder. I'm pretty sure people with BPD describe feelings of emptiness.

IC
    Arren DeVaga

The man held a skull and waxed about emptiness and futility. He was definitely speaking her language.

"I never required a higher purpose in life. All that matters is me, and how I feel in my body at the present moment." The last line left her feeling... haunted. As though she had channeled a ghost. The echo of a lost soul. It was true of her life philosophy, especially these days as a wanderer. Hedonism was all that remained. Never mind grand plans, or placing hope in long bets. The present, and her own existence, were the only things she could count on.

She stretched her legs, then pulled them onto the table where she lay.

@Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    OOC: Intriguing, perhaps King Solomon suffered from it, his book Ecclesiastes goes like this, “vanity, vanity, all is vanity and chasing after the wind.”

The Disciple took in the words of the Dame, as she shared her philsophy of life, he felt less alone. At last someone who understood the Void or at least a shadow of it.

“Indeed, I had a greater purpose, once or twice, I dedicated myself to the cause and honed my skills. Instead of gratitude I reaped great enmity, and felt in the end more alone than before. My zeal has since waxed cold, I now search for something.. it remains elusive.”

Nkri could not help look at the legs of the Lady before him. Hedonism.. perhaps he could give that a try.

Ava G. likes this.
  7. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Nkri seemed to understand her on some level. Both their paths of purpose had ended in a dark, foggy wilderness. Though this state affected the two of them rather differently. He was driven to search for a mysterious something, a new reason to live.

Arren enjoyed his brooding presence thus far, and wished to learn more.

"Your name, Nkri, came to me as I meditated last evening. And the shadows brought me another name tonight." She sat up on an elbow and gazed at him. "Does . . . Tormentum mean anything to you?"

@Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Grey Jedi held a dagger he found, he examined the runes on the blade, and muttered words:

Nwul Kash Lot: Tash, Antai Kash Tik Shâsot..[Peace is a lie, there is Passion]”

Tzenti’s eyes flared like burning embers, the blue pupils turned amber. Then at hearing the name Arren uttered his eyes burned the color of blood.

Pjautium! [Tormentum]”

The books on the shelves flew into the ai, and began to circle the Disciple who began to burn pages on certain volumes with Force Immolate.

Nkri found himself starring at an apparition, a being laughing with crimson skin and clade in grey armor.

Nie! Tu Aras Kaire, Mezdi Nun Buti! [No! You are gone, leave me be!]”

The Disciple began to throw volumes at the wall he saw the familiar being.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Ava G. likes this.
  9. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Oh, wow. That little personal inquiry caused quite the reaction!

Nkri examined a dagger with runes, and spoke a strange language as his eyes changed to hot colors. Books levitated in a circle, and combusted, flames roaring.

Arren squeaked and rolled to the floor. She hid behind a chair, peeking out. Who was the man throwing the burning books at? A specter only he could see.

@Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Apparition faded just as it had appeared. Tormentum.. Nkri dropped the books via the Force, they all fell at once, several aflame. Nkri seemed to return from a trance. He saw Arren hiding behind a chair. He looked at his hands and then placed them on his face, bending his chin and jaw into his chest.

He then fell on his knees, his eyes remained amber with traces of blood red around the outer iris. The Grey Jedi had let his identity emerge and he had frightened her.

After a scream, Nkri collapsed, on his hind and leaned against the bookcase, his back pushing on the binding of many volumed. There was no escaping what he was, and where he came from.

Ava G. likes this.
  11. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Smoke rose to the ceiling high above, and the birds took flight through a hole.

Arren slowly went to Nkri and crouched in front of him, just outside of reach. She tried to radiate a little compassion. "That must have been painful, confronting yourself. Now I realize what you deal with."

At the risk of triggering another explosion, she continued carefully and softly, "I've been listening to the journals of a Sith woman. Lavinia Vargas. She mentioned you, more than once, while recounting her time with Sith. She was impressed by your potential as a fellow student. And your fighting prowess in the arena. Though she said you left on less than happy terms. Zeal waxed cold."

@Kato Sai

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Nkri looked up and saw the Dark Lady almost within arm reach. He sensed her unease at the manifestation of his torment. Her words were soothing, a comfort.

“Lavina.. yes.. she was fellow acolyte when I was with the Empire. She is among those I miss.. her moxie and mystique was unparalled..”

The Disciple paused, memories began to flood his mind. He could see the duel in the arena, the columns and chains and oh the pain.

“Less than happy.. the truth is I didn’t cut it. To be a Sith, at least one in the Empire, required a climbing that meant raising onself on bones of others; I couldn’t bear the thought I must destroy those with whom I had developed bonds to assert my own dominance, alas that is the Way of Bane, The Rule of Two”

13. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

The Dark Lady listened to the Disciple, and nodded. "What good is winning the galaxy if you're alone at the end?"

She had hurt loved ones before. Lashed out and severed intimate connections. Once in a while she stewed on the past, and felt fresh pangs of regret. I learned my lessons, she thought. Social bonds, when and if they could be forged, added a meaningful dimension to life. They couldn't be taken for granted. Oh, she could certainly be alone, and content. But she longed for the love of family and friends again. Who could adore you more than those emotionally invested in you?

Arren sat, and went silent. Soon she would retire for the evening.

@Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Edited.

15. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    OOC

You'll reach out a hand to clean the room, but not help my character to her feet?

yikes

@Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    OCC: A gentleman never touches a lady without consent. ;)

17. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    That's retarded.

You could at the very least present your hand.

Kato Sai likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Very well, I shall edit my former post. :p

19. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Please just repost.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Disciple nodded, but gave no verbal reply. After running his hand through his disheveled dark blond hair. he then rose, and offered his hand to help Arren to her feet. It was afterall his explosive episode that had made her hide behind the chair in the first place.

Nkri would not easily forgive himself for letting his torment manifest. It was clear that his past was not finished.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: Roleplaying observation.

@Ava G. & @Kato Sai

When Roleplaying a character, only the RPer knows how and why a character does or reacts the way he or she does. The one being interacted with reacts accordingly to a natural result.

If Nkri does not offer his hand for reasons that only he understands, then that should stand. It is in no way 'retarded'. He is playing in character. Asking him to alter his action because it is disagreeable OOC is in bad form. Arren should have simply 'reacted' to the perceived omission. This is realistic and we have all experienced similar situations, hence we can 'role-play' them. I mention this for the sake of transparency, because there will be many similar situations once the official RP launches. Now is a perfect time to iron-out a few RPing wrinkles for a smoother overall experience. We learn from each other. Also, 'retarded' is a disallowed word, so it is best avoided, fyi.

Aside from this, the above interaction is very intriguing and enjoyable to read. Two different styles working together to tell a very unique tale. Please, carry on.

22. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    OOC

I'm sorry about that, I should know better.

Apologies, Kato

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    No worries. I generally error on not touching or as in the case of duels harming another RPer unless I have consent from the RPer. I don’t want to be manipulative of another player. :)

In this case, I actually prefer your urge to rewrite, I was inferring you retiring meant Arren wanted to be alone.

I prefer our interactions to me going into the forest alone. :)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

She helped Nkri clean up that area of the library. Luckily, he hadn't burned anything irreplaceable.

Although Arren wouldn't reveal such, at this very moment, she had already copied the most crucial information out of the Nightsister spell book. This temple was her temporary retreat. 'Twas smart to compile her own private library to take with her when she left for places unknown.

Arren bid the Disciple good night, and made for her quarters at the top of a tower. She did hate to see her fellow outcast so troubled, but trusted that he would find his center in time.

Soon, locked in her room again, she wriggled out of her sultry black dress and long gloves, and put them on a mannequin beside the wardrobe.

And when she slept, she dreamt of an invading force. The enemy blasted away her first life. Her old haunts... were in ruins.

@Kato Sai

Kato Sai likes this.
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Grey Jedi bid the Mistress good night. He took the parts that were half burned and went outside to a burning brazer. He caste the fragments into the fire and looked to the sky, there the moon was crescent and the stars shone like sentinels. Nkri then looked and saw at the treeline a violet fog and then he heard a voice:

“Tormentum..”

From the fog emerged the red skinned man who had appeared in the library. Then a woman stood by his side. The Disciple drew closer to them and then the woman screamed. Nkri raced into the fog.

clone commander bossk and Ava G. like this.