main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We can find out why Dengar looks hideous in TROS

Django Fett likes this.
  2. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    What's that ever made canon or just hinted?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it was

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  5. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    I heard it was one season, but I could be wrong. If there's enough fan approval around it, they can continue it.

Crod1992, TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  6. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I feel like right now it's almost like an interlude chapter of The Mandalorian but it could have another season later if it's well-received.

Krueger, Zoe Con and TadoFett like this.
  7. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    My feelings exactly. They've already been saying that the delay in release is due to scheduling, (probably Covid as well), especially T. Morrison who is in the BOB, Kenobi AND Mando 3. Busy man!

Crod1992 and RetropME like this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think its a "We'll wait and see" situation. Unlike The Mandalorian, which was planned to have multiple seasons, I think the BOBF's life will depend on how it is received. Could be 100% wrong, of course.

Jedi Knight Fett and RetropME like this.
  9. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    What if he’s still transitioning?[face_laugh]

[​IMG]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its very strongly hinted, but I don't think it was ever explicitly said.

Django Fett and RetropME like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your right Wookieepidia says basically that

RetropME likes this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That just about summed up the stupidity and ridiculousness in the ST...

13. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Fett Syndicate?

14. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Now, one for Boba, and one for Fennec!

New canon Boba isn't like Legends Boba, he's more of an anti-hero than a villain, which is better than the comically evil Boba we see in comics, almost like Cad Bane.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm pretty sure Cad would have nabbed baby Yoda and sold him to the highest bidder. But maybe good-guy Fett will be cool, we'll see.

16. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Again, not exactly GOOD, but more of an anti-hero, in that sorta grimey, morally grey area of things, which has always been Boba for me. Hell, even TCW gave Boba a soft side, and the unfinished bounty hunter arc would have even shown him defending innocents from Cad. Not good, not bad, but somewhere in between. But yeah, Cad would have definitely done that.

Crod1992 and Glitterstimm like this.
  17. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Boba was probably trained by Jango as a kid in Mandalorian combat, same with the clones, but with Boba being Jango's son, he was also likely trained in the Mandalorian way and code of honor, and probably has some of the culture ingrained in him regardless of whether or not he self-identifies as Mandalorian, and he obviously has respect for them, looking at his heritage and how much he respects his father.

Same. I love it, and it goes so well with the robes.

Bor Mullet, Jaster Vhett and Jaxxon- like this.
  18. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    In my opinion Boba isn't a mandalorian. He might have a chain code but that's just because his father was one. He doesn't seem to follow any mandalorian ways or tradiotions.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Culturally, it's a fascinating discussion. He has the armor, he has a descent from an accepted Mandalorian (though of the nomadic variety, most likely), and because as the chain code is written in Mandalorian script (as was the Slave 1's system when Jango flew it), he at least uses their alphabet.

But that's it.

It's a bit comparable to, say, a Midwestern American of Irish descent who goes to Protestant church or is an Atheist, doesn't know a word of Gaelic, but has the Irish last name, and is all in on Saint Patrick's Day - the tie to the ancestral culture is *there*, but it's neither wholeheartedly embraced or experienced enough to make the distinction 100% clear as to whether they're an Irishman with American citizenship, an Irish-American, or an American who just likes drinking green beer.

To some, he qualifies as Mandalorian because the threat level he poses is very much Mandalorian-level and his origins stem from the Mandalorians as much as Kamino... but to others, he can't qualify because he's so distant from the nationalism/patriotism or the Creed.

It's some actually realistic nuance in regards to cultural identity.

20. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    In my eyes, he's like a person who was born Jewish but has no gripes with eating pork, if you know what I mean. These people are still Jewish by heritage, if not by creed, the same goes for Boba and being a Mandalorian.

Sarge likes this.
  21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If Boba's interaction with Bo told us anything is that he doesn't really care about being a Mandalorian (other than getting to wear the armour) it's more the jabs at being a clone that he's sensitive about.

Seems to me that Boba wants to just honour his dad more than anything else. So when people label him as 'just another clone' he sees it as disrespecting the care and love his father gave to him when a child.

We saw it briefly in TCW (and I think in a TFU II Comic tie in) that Boba's greatest weakness is the memory of his father.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well Boba probably wouldn't wanna be seen as a Clone. He is Jango son. he wasn't just another Clone and he probably would prefer not to be seen as one. understandably. i suspect even meeting another Clone he wouldn't be too nice towards them.

23. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Boba doesn't have hella choices in terms of whether or not he identifies as a Mando, really. I'm not sure it's canonically known how he gets off of Geonosis but clearly his only context, the only people willing to take him in, are associates of Jango's from his career, not his culture. And that's also the context in which Boba *knew* his dad. I can imagine it being totally Jango's plan to bring Boba into the culture over time, or at least educate him about it, but... he ran out of time. Boba might well resent the attitude he get from Mandos... it's easy to imagine that neither Din nor Bo are the first Mandos to give him some guff about his bonafides, and he may be frankly tired of it.

mnjedi and Mia Mesharad like this.
  24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well its possible Boba has no investment in Mando culture because Jango never got a chance to get him invested. Boba is more interested in honouring his father then feeling any attachment to the culture. Given what we know about his past he has no reason to really feel any loyalty to Mando culture.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t think this is about our feelings on the matter. Lucasfilm officially announced a bunch of shows that fall into three categories: series/ ongoing series, limited series and special event series. The Book of Boba Fett was announced as a series/ ongoing series, and was not described as either limited or a special event. So the strong implication, at least at the moment, is that it will be a multi-season show.