main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Post-ST Saga Film Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by JoJo90, Jan 21, 2021.

1. JoJo90

JoJo90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2021
    Now, I don't think they would ever make a trilogy of films about the Skywalker's that took place before Episode 1. That wouldn't make much sense because Anakin didn't have a father (and it's called Episode 1). And a trilogy after the sequel trilogy may never happen because all the Skywalker's are technically dead. BUT!!! If they made another trilogy about the Skywalker's that took place after the sequel trilogy, what would we call it? Post-sequel trilogy? Sequel sequel trilogy? Trilogy #4?

Let me know if you have any clever ideas.

PRO EDIT:
    THREAD MERGE AND TITLE UPDATE, FOR MORE GENERAL DISCUSSION ABOUT FUTURE SAGA FILM IDEAS AND SPECULATION.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2021
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    What if Ben transferring life into Rey actually created life in her, because of you know, dyad stuff. He did put his hand over her tummy after all.

3. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    I just recently read about that fan theory, and I gotta say, I don't hate it. It would be an effective way to keep the Skywalker Saga going. Rey's child would be born without a father, just like Anakin. Or, Rey's child could literally be Ben Solo reborn. I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  4. SmokeMonster4815162342

Dec 31, 2015
    I like the idea of a story with Rey dealing with moving on from losing her other dyad half, eventually finding love elsewhere (in Finn). But a dyad baby would sure throw a wrench in things!

JoJo90 likes this.
  5. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    You know, I never quite understood the dyad thing. Did rey and kylo just have a strong connection through the force? Or was it like a prophecy thing?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  6. SmokeMonster4815162342

Dec 31, 2015
    They didn’t explain anything really. Just that it’s a power like life itself.

But I assume it also means their power is equal somehow, explaining how Rey seems to be matching Kylo physically despite little training. There were many shots in TLJ and TROS that seem to emphasise this.

Also, if you ask me it’s pretty coincidental that the revived Palpatine is taken down by another rarity in the Force unseen for Millenia, so I’d hope they explain that the dyad is related to the Chosen One somehow, like a reincarnation or something (sounds like the power of life to me), thus why Rey can hear Obi-Wan in TFA, but split in two, as one being alone would not be able to contain the power, or something.

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I usually say Anakin's/Luke's/Rey's Trilogy, so I'd name the fourth one after its protagonist.

Jedi Knight Fett and JoJo90 like this.
  8. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    After TFA came out, there was a fan theory that Rey was Anakin reincarnated. I would have liked that. It also would have made a lot of sense, like you said, that the chosen one, the one who killed Palpatine the first time, would come back to do it again.

9. SmokeMonster4815162342

Dec 31, 2015
    Yeah and I saw another theory that Rey is incarnate of Anakin and Kylo is incarnate of Vader, the two sides of the Chosen One, which I particularly like.

Tho Yor and JoJo90 like this.
  10. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    Quite a few missed opportunities in the sequel trilogy. I still enjoyed them, for the most part.

One thing I really wish they would have done, it would have been so cool, is replace lor san tekka with jar jar. I heard someone suggest this awhile back. The opening crawl says Poe is searching for an "old ally." But then it's some random character we've never seen before. If it had been a grizzled, old, sad jar jar binks and he said "this will begin to make things right" when he gives Poe the map, it would have had a lot more significance and impact.

Count Yubnub, Tho Yor and Lulu Mars like this.
  11. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Some fans would've taken too much pleasure in seeing Kylo kill Jar Jar, but for the sake of the story, I agree that having him play that role would've made the opening of TFA much more impactful.

I don't know if it would ultimately have been a good idea to dispose of a genuinely good-hearted character like Jar Jar, who basically represents the child in all of us, in that manner, though. I mean, it wouldn't exactly send a hopeful message to the kids in the audience.

So, I'm kind of both for and against the idea.

On the other hand, he didn't have to be killed...

12. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    Did you happen to read the Aftermath novels? You find out what happens to Jar Jar. It's pretty sad and overly harsh IMO

13. Havoc7567

Havoc7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2021
    Force gosts teaching new jedi?

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    Why not? Rey's pretty much a desert hermit again. She could spend her time alone to meditate and commune with dead Jedi. They could train her, and she could take on an apprentice.

Darth Smurf and Havoc7567 like this.
  15. Havoc7567

Havoc7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2021
    It would lead to some better character development.

16. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    I thought the first movie did a good job at introducing the characters. But the other two movies did little to further develop their characters.

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The general consensus before about what to call this hypothetical trilogy seemed to be "the SST": the "sequel sequel trilogy" of Episodes X, XI, and XII.

Personally, I really hope that this never gets made, or gets anywhere close to reality. LFL said that Episode IX was the conclusion of the Skywalker Saga, and I think they need to stick to that and also not try to continue after it with a continuation or "next" saga.

18. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    I think if it did happen, it would be years down the road. Like, a decade.

19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Agree. Not only the ST characters are the least interesting in the SW story, LFL claimed IX was the end of this story. This is not 1990s, SW is a way broader property now, with much to explore besides these mediocre characters JJ created.

Let's follow the path stablished by the Mandalorian, please.

20. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    Let's see what happens. Some of us like the ST.

black_saber likes this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And some who liked the ST would probably also be happy if it was indeed the conclusion to the Skywalker Saga that it was said to be.

Awushi Awere likes this.
  22. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    You're probably right. Have some good boy points.

23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Sequel Trilogy

The real one.

Lord Sith Harloxzz and 2Cleva like this.
  24. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    Boo. Some of us don't mind the ST.

25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    To each their own.

JoJo90 likes this.