main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Hi All , Is it ok to post links to Ebay auctions of my Star Wars fan art for sale? They are pin up art cards, if it is not ok, I will remove them of course. Thanks!

On Sale now on ebay...

Bardan Edit: Advertising removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2020
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You can put links in your signature line, but not in posts.

irunthedeathstar and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Ok, Got it, Thanks for the info! cheers

irunthedeathstar likes this.
  4. Arcann

Arcann Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2020
    So I don't really know the relation between pre visla and tarre visla

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Tarre is an ancient member of the family.

Pre is his descendant.

6. oatgla abacus

oatgla abacus Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2020
    Hello, I'm new to SWC, I'm not new to Star Wars, but I've not read much outside of the movies, I know certain things are canon and certain things are not, I wasn't sure where to post this and did not see it posted, as I'm not sure where to search.

R2D2 is supposed to be the only member to have all knowledge of the 1-9 if not all of cannon, as R2D2 has not been wiped. So I don't know if SW Clone Wars is cannon or not, but R2D2 gets wiped there in S3E8 "Evil Plans"

If it's not cannon no big deal, but if it is was it an oversight, or is there a contradiction now?

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It was a partial wipe rather than a total one - just the memories of having been kidnapped. So R2 did not lose his memories of all other events in the early movies and earlier in the TCW series.

And yes, TCW is "canon to the Disneyverse" (and also to the Legendsverse).

8. oatgla abacus

oatgla abacus Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2020
    "It was a partial wipe" sounds like a convienent excuse, kinda like how they snuck Palpatine back into star wars 9 lol
    The only time I've ever seen the bad guys do a partial wipe was if they were interrupted or if there was a rescue going on, that didn't happen here. Cad Bane even says they'll eventually find their way back, but how if they memories were erased, and wouldn't he not need to say that if it was just a partial wipe?

Of course they still have their memories when they get back to the party, but it just feels like a loose end that was left untied.

9. irunthedeathstar

irunthedeathstar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 12, 2013
    hi there i am quite new but this place is amazing...

i am trying to play along with some quotes n games n stuff,

but i am not always sure I am doing it right! anyway if I am doing it wrong and anyone notices please let me know and i will stop! thank you

4-6 is perfect to me in every way. Maybe not to everyone but definitely to me.

thank you this place is brilliant

ps is there a one changed word quote thread? 'i know...daddy'

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There's a "one changed letter" thread over in JCC Fun And Games,

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...-in-a-film-title-to-make-a-new-film.50010206/

and over in SWC, a "Movie Quotes" thread, which can sometimes involve changing just one word from another movie to give it a Star Wars flavour. Though it's just as valid to simply change the name of the person saying it, or change several words instead of one, while keeping the general theme.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/movie-quotes-applied-to-star-wars.50018083/

EDIT: And of course there's the "Porg" word substitute thread.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-quote-game-porg-edition.50046764/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  11. irunthedeathstar

irunthedeathstar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 12, 2013
    hi there, is it ok to make a new forum topic? Not sure where i should post the following...

I play a golf videogame where you can build your own golf course, so I built a few courses and built STAR WARS space ships around the scenery.

Anyone who has game can play the course and the last one i made was quite well received by other players.
    it is called 'the story of endor'

Anyway i have some photos to show people, its pretty funny.

will post two pics here then start a thread if possible somewhere?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    https://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/25146/story-endor-star-wars-course

ps i have to build the star wars objects out of golf course objects such as bridges and signs and walls, ( i cannot import images or ships etc)
    it takes months and i love every second of doing it.

will post a thread unless it is so ridiculous I should not bother?!

Bardan_Jusik, Iron_lord and Jimbing like this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So ridiculous as to not even bother is the entire reason the SWC exists! :p Go ahead and post your thread in this forum. I am sure it will garner some attention, and if it doesn't, well then it doesn't. :p

13. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Does Mike zeros just lie I’m watching one of his videos and it sounds interesting but I feel like he’s lying has he ever actually had “insider information”

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Nothing he has ever said has happened.

He is the Click Bait King.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. disco_starkiller

disco_starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2021
    Hello exalted ones! I was reading the novelization of the phantom menace. There is this passage that caught my attention Qui-Gon Jinn was thinking about the force and its complexity. It says...

" He knew his own weakness. He was too close to the life Force when he should been more attentive to the unifying force. He found himself reaching out to the creatures of the present, to those living here and now. He had less regard or the pass or the future, to the creature that had or would occupy those times and spaces.

It was the life Force that bound him, that gave him heart and spirit."

What does he mean by the life Force that bound him? What the difference between the living Force and unifying?

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Is there an open thread for Star Wars and politics?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No I don’t think so. Not one that I have ever seen. You could ask the JCC mods if you could make one I guess. Although I don’t know if that would work, but that’s the only part of the forum that allows modern political discussion. Modern being anything post like Carter

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it's come up in the Literature forum - discussion of the Centralists specifically, but that's more in-universe politics.

19. CaliA

CaliA Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2021
    hey
    so what do you think guys? :D

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    wrong thread.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Unnecessary. Mods are already watching, and no mods have answered my question (but I appreciate your reply). I'm not interested in starting a thread - I just want to stay informed, bcs I don't have social media. I'm starting to think maybe the JCC isn't for me, and have distanced myself. Take care. [face_peace]

22. Darth_Dave_1984

Darth_Dave_1984 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    Something has been bothering me for some time. Ever since Darth Maul brandished that double bladed lightsaber in TPM, they seem to be everywhere now particularly in video games.

AFAIK Maul got the schematics of this ancient Sith weapon design from a Sith holocron given to him by Sidious. Fair enough the Sith wants to use an ancient and exotic weapon designed for 'more slaughter per swing'. What I don't understand is why so many Jedi are now depicted using these weapons? Apart from the fact the schematics are ancient and Sith in origin, they go against everything the Jedi stand for. A Jedi's lightsaber is for defense and inspiration, not aggression and intimidation.

I recently watched a you tube video about lightsaber combat tips for Jedi Fallen Order and the guy was using a shiny gold plated, double bladed purple lightsaber....It was such a perfect example of what I'm getting at. A Jedi using a Sith weapon looking 'bling bling' for lack of a better term using a lightsaber colour that was unique to Mace Windu AFAIK. How did this kid in the game craft this weapon and how did he get Mace Windus Kyber crystal?

I sadly feel it's as simple as younger audiences think it looks cool so they've been popularised despite shattering the lore. I was just wondering if there is any reason I'm not aware of that can justify all these Jedi using ancient Sith weapons?

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Legendsverse, even if the Sith invented the double-bladed lightsaber, the Jedi had no problem taking the design and using it themselves. In the newcanon, we don't know who invented the double-bladed lightsaber, it could have just as easily been the Jedi.

As for lightsaber crystals - Mace's colour is unusual but not unique - a purple crystal does not have to have been salvaged from Mace's own saber.

24. Darth_Dave_1984

Darth_Dave_1984 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    I'm unfamiliar with Legendsverse. Is the newcanon some kind of Disney re write?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No. Basically Star Wars got split into two “universes” let’s call them that. Legends includes TCW and Episodes 1-6 as well as any book, comic or source book or game that came out pre April 2014.

Canon as defined by Lucasfilm is all the movies and shows excluding the lego shows and movies plus all the books and comics and games that came out post April 2014.