main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Time Period/Era For New Film Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2018.

?

When do you think the new films will be set

1. Before ANH and after ROTS - Weiss/Benioff

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Before TPM- Weiss/Benioff

100 vote(s)
    64.9%
  3. After ROTJ and before TFA- Weiss/Benioff

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. After IX- Weiss/Benioff

12 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Before ANH and after ROTS- RJ trilogy

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Before TPM- RJ Trilogy

29 vote(s)
    18.8%
  7. After ROTJ and before TFA- RJ trilogy

11 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. After IX- RJ trilogy

68 vote(s)
    44.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hate to say it but it seems they make the mistake again to set someething in stone on the timeline without having a bigger plan how to get there.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    How do you know there's not a bigger plan?

3. JediFanatic777

JediFanatic777 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2021
    I am sure while the Skywalker line of movies was enjoyable, people would like to see more movies about Jedi who are not part of the skywalker family.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]
    There's always a bigger plan.

InterestingLurker and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I cast Summon Bigger Plan."

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Here is a speculation list for the next three movies: All three movies will be set post-The Rise of Skywalker with the first:

Rogue Squadron 2023 Directed by Patty Jenkins

Set in a future era of the galaxy after The Rise of Skywalker. A new generation of fighter pilots battle a new threat rising from the ashes of the First Order. Possibly the Yuuzhan Vong,Grysk or remnants of the First Order. Poe Dameron could train the new generation of Rogue Squadron

Taiki Waititi's SW movie coming in 2025 could be the further adventures of Rogue Squadron or Rey's New Jedi Order. Rey herself could appear at the end as a teaser for the 2027 Star Wars movie

2027 Star Wars movie:Star Wars Episode X or Rey/Finn/Poe reunion movie. The new Big 3 along with Rey's New Jedi Order team up for a big adventure against a new enemy perhaps the beginning of a new saga trilogy of Episodes X-XII.

2029 and 2031:Episodes XI and Episodes XII are released

black_saber and Darth Smurf like this.
  7. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    I couldn't imagine anything more horrible. ^^

I hope for a big time jump soon. I want some content 5.000 years after TROS. Get some new design, new vibes, new characters, new threats. Finally honour the efforts of the rebellion/resistance with some peace. Let the good guys breath a bit. Sure, peace is the period between two wars and the next generation has to be aware and I liked this flair in the ST but I feel it would become weird when we have this remnants thing again.

black_saber likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I couldn't imagine anything more horrible.

2Cleva likes this.
  9. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I’m actually thinking they should go back to the past before returning into the future first Jedi movie , knights of the old republic like Jedi vs sith. , that kind of thing then we go back to Rey and then I think it would be cool to follow someone really struggling with the dark side in depthly like more than Rey was shown and Anakin.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Awushi Awere

May 11, 2020
    Why?

11. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Because you set an end scenario for all that will be in between

2Cleva likes this.
  12. Awushi Awere

May 11, 2020
    Yes, I think that's what SW needs this time. A big win for the galaxy. No new super-duper-evil threat. I mean...actually it's not even an "end scenario" because you can still tell stories. About bounty hunters, merchants, populations, racers et cetera. There should be just no "FO remnants" or "very final order" or something in my opinion. Nothing of this EU bigger-louder-wider stuff like the yuuzhan vong. Just let them live. Honour the achievements of the skywalker saga. And then, 5.000 years after TROS there could be made something fresh and new. No stormtroopers, no rebels, no stardestroyers, no tie-fighters, no x-wings. Okay, maybe some relicts of old times as fan-service. But make SW fresh with some new designs. Dare to create instead of repeat. Maybe 80% of SW fans don't want new stuff and don't want let go the old characters and stories. But I have a feeling that people would be also more tolerant when there is a new era with new content (which barely touches and changes the known events and figures).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  13. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I Think Rogue Squadron the 2023 movie is going to other something fresh in the form of a new enemy like the Grysk or Yuuzhan Vong to go up against the new Rogue Squadron. Or how about Grand Admiral Thrawn shows up with a new fleet to battle the Rogue Squadron to get the galaxy into shape to fight a new terrifying enemy like the Grysk and/or the Vong that will threaten the galaxy.

14. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

GrandAdmiralThrawn66 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 16, 2002
    There are a LOT of Star Wars stories out there they don't need galaxy wide war. It's a HUGE universe I don't know why Disney felt the need to retcon, horribly, the original trilogy. No more superweapons and no more first order. There's still a ton of things to do.

I mean, 40 years after Return of the Jedi we should be getting deeply into the next generation of Jedi and, instead, Disney just plowed through them all again ....

15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yes, it is completely shocking that there would be a big conflict with repercussions felt throughout the entire galaxy in a movie series called Star Wars... :rolleyes:
    There was a big conflict in the PT, there was a big conflict in the OT. It was ridiculous to expect anything but a big conflict in the ST. Especially when it was supposed to round off the Skywalker-saga.

The OT wasn't retconned at all. There is a difference between changing what happened and continuing in a way that you don't like. The ST did the latter, it did not do the former. The only item that remotely went into a retcon direction was the return of Palpatine, but then again, it was hardly the first time a seemingly dead character returned. And while I don't think that the execution of that idea was particularly good, it wasn't just a "he didn't really die" retcon either. His return in itself is a whole lot more logical than those of Boba Fett or Darth Maul.

Also, who doesn't remember the decades upon decades of joyful and splendid happiness that wasn't disturbed by any conflict folliwng WW1. Everyone lived happily ever after. Oh wait, there was plenty of conflict in the immediate aftermath, and an even bigger war just 20 years later. What a terrible retcon by history [face_plain]

That you can tell stories without it always being about the fate of the galaxy is obvious. But that isn't something you really could expect to see in the main saga, which was basically the most anticipated movie-story since the prequels first arrived. That's what all the anthology-movies, tv-shows, books and comics were for.

Sarge likes this.
  16. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

Jun 16, 2002
    TFA was essentially very similar in plot to A New Hope, TLJ had empire vibes (and some return of the jedi).

Its a HUGE galaxy some smaller scale more interesting stories would be great.

The Death Star took like decades to construct-the 2nd Death Star years then we went to every ship destroys a world which was absolutely silly.

No planet destroyed previous 5000 years from New Hope and now in 40 years like 20 planets destroyed.

Frankly everything about the sequel trilogy was ridiculous sorry. Unenjoyable.

Time for some new original stories. I wanted to see new Jedi learning the force...

17. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Forget the Jedi and Sith, give me Force-users learning about the Force without a dogma for a change

18. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    The characterizations in the OT were absolutely retconned.

I guarantee you that Grogu going to get trained with Luke is set up for the next big Saga Trilogy. Grogu will be the Yoda that the Jedi deserved back during the PT days. A Jedi who, because he was trained by Luke, isn’t afraid of attachments or limited by the dogma of the Jedi. He’s the epitome of Luke’s legacy, the new representation of the Jedi.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    2Cleva likes this.
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I do want that revival.

Going from the High Republic (Old Republic is now a grey area. Let it be Legends for now), where the Galaxy is healthy and the Jedi are truly noble and a force for good, to the Jedi eroding down to the barest thread of Luke by himself. So now bring them back to life. The Rey Jedi spreading out to bring light to the Galaxy again. The Return of the Light.

Sarge likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

Jun 16, 2002
    Sounds good but, the fact that its (evidently) Rey Palpatine.... no thanks.

This should have always been Luke's destiny.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ugh. And there we go.

22. InLoveWithJaina

InLoveWithJaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2021
    I real wish for an NJO animated series in the style of modern Disney cartoons. Or an Old Republic live action show.

23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    None of that has anything to do with the arguments there were made. All you really did was move the goalposts.

Not that I disagree with some of that, I didn't like Starkiller Base all that much, and giving planet-destroying capabilities to a Star Destroyer felt completely absurd to me. Doesn't change that there was no retcon. Nor was "everything about the sequel trilogy ridiculous".

No, they weren't.. Being different at age 50-60 then you were at age 20-30 is completely normal. It's called life. And it is logically impossible for the characterization of a middle aged character to change the characterization of the character at an earlier age.
    None of what happened to the characters in the ST was something that "couldn't have happened". The only real argument against the characterizations is "I didn't like them". That is perfectly fine as an opinion, but it holds zero water when it comes to whether a character could have experienced what he experienced in story as per the ST. Personal taste has zero to do with logic, and the logic fit just fine.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  24. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I wish I had as much faith in your logic as you do.

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Don't forget:

Bor Mullet likes this.