main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bust a Move - The Gentle Giant Mini-Bust Appreciate Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 14, 2011.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Jedi Knight Fett and cathiecat like this.
  2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got my 2 Animated Clone Wars busts. Whenever I get my SW room redone I'll photograph them. They're 1/7th scale so they're a little smaller than the usual busts. But they were also cheaper. I had bought the $40 free shipping for a year and it's nicely paying off. I have Ahsoka on pre-order, she'll be nice in the collection. I wish they had done a Padme to go with them.

4. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Cool can't wait for the pics.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    ME TOO!!

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  7. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got Leia! Grr to her not qualifying for the free shipping though.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum is reporting that the Thrawn bust is now showing as sold out on the GG website but they have an alternate source listed. See the article if you are still wanting to pre-order!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    A lot of my bust boards that I follow people were going bezerk for Thrawn so I'm not surprised.

I scored the Leia statue.

Gentle Giant has up their expected shipping dates. I'm dying of shock - they're planning to have our PGM gifts ready Q2. That's unheard of. Apparently having Diamond Select purchase the company did wonders for their distribution. My wallet will be groaning. I have 2 Grogu statues coming in Q1.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Oh, well I it is hurting your wallet but you are scoring some awesome merch.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm so excited!!! I just ordered my very own Animated Snowbunny Padme Maquette!!! One more big item down on my wish list!!! It will arrive on the 10th!! Celebrate good times!! Come on!! We gonna celebrate and have a good time!!

15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    cathiecat likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Gentle Giant premiered their Toy Fair busts/statues for this year - you can watch the video below - SW is after Marvel:

Some pics of the upcoming Dark Rey mini-bust

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    OBI-WAN KENOBI™ JOINS OUR 1:6 SCALE MILESTONES STATUE LINE!

Battle Droids beware! Obi-Wan Kenobi™ wields his lightsaber in defense of the Republic in this all-new Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith™ 1:6 Scale Milestone Statue. He stands at approximately 12 inches tall and is limited to only 1,000 pieces and comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Available to Premier Guild Members for pre-order on Thursday, April 22nd at 9 p.m. PST/ 12 a.m. EST

[​IMG]

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-obi-wan-kenobi-milestone-statue/

HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK AT THE DEATH TROOPER™ FROM THE MANDALORIAN™

The Stormtroopers™ are back in black! Built for stealth, these elite Death Troopers™ Mini-Busts in 1:6 scale are battle ready for the Galactic Empire™ with their menacing black armor and guns at the ready. Roughly 7 inches tall, they are limited to 1,500 pieces and comes packaged with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Available to Premier Guild Members for pre-order on Thursday, April 22nd at 9 p.m. PST/ 12 a.m. EST

[​IMG]

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-wars-the-mandalorian-death-trooper-mini-bust/

BOBA FETT™ IS BACK AS A 1:2 SCALE LEGENDS IN 3-DIMENSIONS BUST!

Based on his appearance in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™, the Star Wars universe's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett™, is now a Legends in 3-Dimensions Bust! The 1:2 scale bust stands at approximately 10 inches tall and is limited to only 1,000 pieces. He comes packed in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

[​IMG]

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star...-back-boba-fett-legends-in-3-dimensions-bust/

DARTH VADER™ GOES BACK, WAY BACK, AS A JUMBO ACTION FIGURE!

For our newest Star Wars Jumbo Action Figure, we take the Sith™ Lord back to the beginning! Based on concept art for Darth Vader™, the new figure stands at 12-inches and features all-new concept-inspired head sculpt, a new blue-and-black paint scheme, a vinyl cape, and a retractable lightsaber! He comes packaged in a resealable, retro-style blister card.

[​IMG]

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-wars-darth-vader-jumbo-action-figure/

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My roommate presented me with the Gentle Giant animated Leia/R2 maquette tonight!

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Whoa congrats that's a HTF piece!

cathiecat likes this.
  20. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Gentle Giant are making a Darth Maul mini bust based on the original concept sketches of the character. It’s a SDCC exclusive and limited to 750 pieces.

[​IMG]

cathiecat likes this.
  21. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Mini bust of Ashoka Tano (Rosario Dawson likeness) with crossed twin lightsabers is scheduled for release in February 2022.

[​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano and cathiecat like this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Incoming! You all can guess what I just put on pre-order.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ - Yoda™ Legends in 3-Dimensions Bust

Click HERE to pre-order

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star Wars™ - Luke Skywalker™ (Concept) Jumbo Figure

Click HERE to pre-order

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones™ - Padme Amidala™ Premier Collection Statue

Click HERE to Pre-order
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    @cathiecat - you going to put in the pre-order for Padme? I immediately put mine in. I really like the Yoda but man, my Yoda display is too packed for a newer somewhat larger Yoda to go in there.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I was out of town since october17, got home last week sick. Just today logged in to catchup on what I have missed. Hallelujah!! Still able to put in my preorder! I would have been just sicker if Ihad missed out on this!