main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I definitely think we may see some overlap between whatever Marvel show is on and a Star Wars show I just don’t think there will ever be a period where we have more than 1 Marvel and Star Wars show on at the same time.

TadoFett and Huncrweo like this.
  2. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Take this with a grain of salt, no, more like a big chunk of salt, but I thought it was worth sharing.

I found a post on Reddit by a guy who's allegedly friends with someone working directly on The Book of Boba Fett, and he gave some details to this guy. Again, take this with a grain of salt, but the other guy on Reddit was right about Baby Yoda's name being Grogu, so it is still worth sharing. Here goes. Possible spoilers ahead.
    There is a Rodian character who acts as Boba's rival, which people on the set call "Reelo."
    There will be a Sarlacc flashback, but this time around, Bossk rescues Boba. Bossk is also essential to Boba's story here.
    It is a limited series, 8 episodes or less, but they will make a second season IF it is recieved well.
    Fennec and Boba stick together most of the time, but there is an exception in an episode where one of them goes to Nar Shaddaa.
    8t88's head appears in the Nar Shaddaa episode. As in, this 8t88.
    [​IMG]
    Take this with a nice helping of salt but it is worth sharing nonetheless.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    TadoFett likes this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I like some of those rumours. And unlike a lot of "leakers" he hasn't gone too overboard. I'm not saying it’s the real deal, but at least its believable stuff.

4. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I love the 8t88 stuff (Huge Jedi Knight/Kyle Katarn fan)... But that's also where it lost credibility for me.

Not saying it's impossible as they have been doing deep cuts from Legends in The Mandalorian but still it seems like a bit much.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    TadoFett and Cyber Spark like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll take it with a bucket of salt but it’s not the craziest thing I have ever heard

TadoFett and Cyber Spark like this.
  6. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Hmm, with the creative team and the tendency to throw back to Filoni's animated stuff, I'd think the deep dive droid in the show would be Highsinger. Still functional as of slightly after ANH, too.

7. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    Nar Shadaa in live action, I wanna see this

8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    We still really don’t have anything much on the Droid Gottra. They could be a cool little inclusion.

9. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    As I said, take this info with a nice helping of salt, though it isn't impossible. Again, another guy on Reddit was on point with the leaks on Grogu's name. Also, Jaster Mereel is a REALLY deep cut.
    Funny thing, there have been several mentions on how 4-LOM is basically the poster boy of the Droid Gotra.
    Same.
    That would be amazing.

10. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Wondering the scene we see in the end credits with Boba and Fennec taking over Jabba's palace from Fortuna is the final event, and they flashback a lot to the time of the Sarlacc pit. Or, does it start from that point in the palace moving forward? (which makes more sense to me)

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I posted something a few weeks back that the end credit scene may not be the start of TBOBF, I think there could be some sort of adventure leading up to Boba blasting Bib Fortuna. There isn't any reason why he would do it, did Jabba suspect Bib was going to take over and agree a contract with Boba to kill Bib if he ever took the throne. So episode #1 is Boba is the build up and ending with Boba taking Jabba's Palace, all the time interwoven with flashbacks telling how Boba escaped the Sarlaac and ended up finding the badly wounded Fennic.

Jedi Knight Fett and Zoe Con like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I doubt the conclusion of the show will be as anticlimactic as Boba easily infiltrating Jabba’s palace and easily killing Bib Fortuna...in a way we already saw him do. Pretty sure that scene is the start of the Book.

13. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Maybe not the end, but it would be interesting if that was a timeskip.

Jedi Knight Fett and Zoe Con like this.
  14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    https://lrmonline.com/news/the-book...-favorite-bounty-hunters-return-barside-buzz/

Jedi Knight Fett and Cyber Spark like this.
  15. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think all of the famous hunters will be in this. Including Cad Bane.

Zoe Con and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It would be interesting to see how they pull off Bossk In live action. trying to bring back his look from Empire but also give him mouth movements and possible blinking. they probably would use CGI for those elements.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I hope Bossk looks good, and reptilian enough. Not like those human Trandoshans in Mando season 1.

19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Dengar would mean Simon Pegg right? If true, big OOF for me.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I preferred the Mando ones, to be honest.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    He has to look like this
    [​IMG]

He looked like that in the Clone wars show too. so if he ends up looking like this
    [​IMG]
    Might make him seem abit less alien.

22. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Would also be cool to see Nal Hutta. With all the slimy grim swamps and the Hutt crime lords in their splendorous palaces.

RetropME and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  23. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Those Trandoshans were real outliers as, like, the only not-one-zillion-percent faithful design recreation in the show. With the exception of changes made to port animation designs over to live action. Anyway, they don't look terrible, they're just an exception to the rule -- the Quarren and Mon Cal looked exactly like they always have, just with better animatronics.

RetropME and Cyber Spark like this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I think they would have to animate him in a similar way they did to that alien in the opening of Mandalorian season 2. I don't think you need to human face them.

Jedi Knight Fett and Cyber Spark like this.
  25. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Man, Temuera kills it as Boba. That menacing, gravely voice is quite possibly better than sex. Like a violent Morgan Freeman.