main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2021 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jan 1, 2021.

1. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I made decent progress this week, but my area is still in a strict lockdown, so I won’t be getting back to the gym for at least another month. Pavements are still very icy, so I’ve not been running as much as I’d like to, but I’ve been using my spin bike a lot. I pushed myself today and (over the course of the day) I managed 50 chin-ups, 500 push-ups and an hour uphill on the bike.

The weather is predicted to warm up next week, so I’m planning on a few more runs once the ice melts.

ZV-83, Billy Budd, Pensivia and 7 others like this.
  2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I’ve gotten into a mild regular exercise routine, but the big weakness for me is sweets.

Master_Lok, ZV-83, Jedi Ben and 7 others like this.
  3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Wow.

Lost 5 pounds recently just with some small tweaks to my diet. That, and some exercise, but nothing too strenuous. I actually feel pretty good now.

Master_Lok, ZV-83, Billy Budd and 8 others like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Doing good with my 20k a day steps

Master_Lok, ZV-83, Guidman and 9 others like this.
  5. Billy Budd

Billy Budd Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2021
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    When I was 25-36 I could have done that challenge, easy peasy. Post surgery 42 year old me would be injured :(

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    If you have a decent base weekly mileage built up, I don't think it would be that difficult.

8. Billy Budd

Billy Budd Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2021
    Yeah, that was my first reaction. I think when I was marathon fit it wouldn't have been too bad. Right now I'd probably start to suffer by about the fourth run.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    20-30 years ago, I probably would have found that challenging but doable. Today, painfully challenging and probably not wise to attempt it.

Master_Lok, Kiki Jinn, ZV-83 and 5 others like this.
  10. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Interesting but I’ve got my hands more than full training for my first marathon (2 months to go).

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I stepped on a scale for the first time in months and now I know why I'm having trouble running up the big hill. I need to start thinking about portion control. No, I need to start doing portion control.

Master_Lok, Billy Budd, Rew and 7 others like this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I went for a run on the trail behind my neighborhood this morning. The trial that connects several parks here in my part of over populated Fairfax county VA. A few parts were still covered in snow and ice. I walked those areas, they were few and far between so it wasn't a big deal. I am too old to risk falling on ice. Today's frustration was seeing signs for a half marathon turn around and even the race organizers setting up a water stop. What? This is not the place to hold a half marathon in normal times, the trail is too narrow for an overpopulated area like this to allow any type of organized event use the trail. Also there were some serious icy patches, I wouldn't be happy if I paid for an event and had to walk several sections due to conditions that should have been reason for cancellation or postponement. Because running on ice, yikes! And finally there's the pandemic. I know it's expensive to close roads for your event, but this trail is just used by too many people to hold an event on. I'm not sure how you'd distance people on a trail that's maybe 5' wide in some spots. Seeing that there are any organized events happen right now makes my blood boil. If I knew who was putting the event on, I'd make sure not to sign up for their events in the future. But I guess some people are eager to get out on a crowded trail and possible break a limb when they fall from running on ice.

I had a great run though, glad I got out early before the half marathon. Had to get out early. I also wanted to beat the crowds at Target, which I did ;)

13. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I had one in-person race last fall and have another scheduled for the end of the month. There's certainly feasible ways to hold a small event (<250 people), while looking much different from a normal times race, that will still be able to maintain safety levels. I realize it's a personal call for each individual participating as well.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Doing good with the 20k steps on average a day

15. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    14 miles this morning, about a min and a half slower than my race pace goal (but today is supposed to be a slow run). It’s an improvement because I was doing these Sunday endurance runs at over 3 min/mile slower than my goal pace.

16. Billy Budd

Billy Budd Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2021
    All the best with your first 26.2 @Kiki Jinn. Would be interested to hear more about that.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Now averaging 25k steps so far this year. Which is double last years of 12k

18. Billy Budd

Billy Budd Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2021
    Yesterday I ran faster over 5k than I have for a very long time. Still a fair bit slower than I used to be, but it's interesting the way increased weekly miles can be beneficial over all distances.

19. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I met up with a friend today with the intention of running, but the snow was so heavy we just went for a walk instead. We’re trying to keep each other motivated, but it’s a little difficult with the lockdown and heavy snow. My friend is a trainer at a local boxing gym (closed for lockdown) and we had an arrangement where he would help me to improve my fitness and I would teach him how to dive. We were both progressing well until winter started to bite. We’re both hoping that restrictions will be eased in March/April. Until then, we do what we can. He’s got some pads in his house, so we’re going to meet up for some pad work in his garden next week. Other than that, I’m still using my spin bike and doing my push-ups/pull-ups at home.

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Today I managed to get out before the masses into the ski track. I managed 8 k in varied terrain in exactly an hour. Now that's slow, but I think it's faster than I was the last time that I tried to go 30 k. I'm tired but not totally exhausted. Today the weather was nice, the skis I'm using are not perfect they have a bit too much grip but I had a bit of a glide to them today. All in all it felt good enough that I think I will go through with the 30 k race in two weeks.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The sun was out for my run today, but the wind was bitingly cold. At least I managed to go the whole distance without submerging my feet in a puddle, something that has been happening all too often in my runs the last few weeks.

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Whew! Got my run in. Cloudy and 30 degrees when I left the house, raining fairly steadily and still 30 when I got home. I got 7 miles in, 5 before I started feeling raindrops. It wasn't supposed to start raining until 10AM and we only have a winter weather advisory, will be interesting to see if the weather guys botched up the forecast or if the rain does calm to mostly nothing. Just south of here icing is supposed to be a problem, obviously I don't want that.

23. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Goals:

5 mile run in 40 minutes.

525 1RM on deadlift

345 1RM on bench

405 for reps on squat

Goal Weight: 190 lbs

Sarge, Billy Budd, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Keeping up with my 20k steps a day averaging just under 25k

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I haven't run in about a month or so, the roads are just too slick with hard-packed snow and ice. But I've found some good hiking trails in the woods with long steep hills that I really have to put some effort into.