main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Neeson talking about Force Ghost training, and the disappointment of Anakin, would be my guess.

Jedi Knight Fett and RetropME like this.
  2. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Huh. I never thought about that. And in the Empire, he would hardly have been ostracized for proposing Palpatine's emergency powers - if anything he would be honoured!

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That is if he didn't feel shame for his role in the events. The death of close friends and turn from Republic to Empire may have crippled him emotionally and caused him to live a secluded life.

There are also cases of people being resentful towards those who seemingly have helped established the Empire, even if they wouldn't speak about publically. Just because the Empire is in control doesn't mean that people won't hold grudges behind the backs.
    And beyond that, there is also the option of the Emperor getting rid of people he has no need for anymore. Look at what Stalin and Hitler did to some followers who had been around for a very long time. Some got murdered, some even purged from all material to make it look as if they never existed. Jar Jar wouldn't technically be a follower, so there would be even less of a hurdle to get rid of him. With Jar Jar being a link to Vader's old life, Palpatine might not like him having any sort of public role. Doesn't necessarily mean death though.

There really are a ton of way you could go with his character.

godisawesome likes this.
  4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Oh, man. I really want to see this now lol

Can you imagine if Jar Jar is portrayed in such a way that totally redeems the character in people's eyes? That would be great. It would make me really happy for Ahmed Best too after all he went through following TPM.

Shamear likes this.
  5. Freeusordie

Freeusordie Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2021
    I have read most of the 116 pages of this thread and most questions I had have already been answered, except one!

Does anyone think there is a chance we will see Yoda in the Kenobi series? Either by the force, or Obi Wan visiting Dagobah? Out of everything I’d like to see, this is probably the thing I’d like to see most! In ROTS they are considered the last of the Jedi, so surely they kept in touch?

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible. We saw with Rebels that Yoda and basically calmly astral project himself places that are strong in the force. So if there is a place strong in the force on Tatooine we could

7. Freeusordie

Freeusordie Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2021
    What’s your thoughts on Obi Wan visiting Dagobah? Obi wan obviously knows where Yoda is, as he told Luke where to find him. Many people have asked how Luke landed so close to Yoda, and I think they could answer this, if they wanted to.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible but I want Obi Wan to leave Tatooine as few times as possible

9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    If they want to "redeem Jar Jar" give him his own series. I'd really like for Obi-Wan Kenobi's series to FOCUS on Obi-Wan Kenobi as the main character. It needs to be HIS journey, whatever that may be.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Same here.

While I don't mind Obi-Wan leaving a few times, I would imagine that most of his time should be spent on Tatooine. And quite honestly, I hope that they are bold with this series, but this is one taboo I hope they don't break. Best to keep to the original intent and spirit of Obi-Wan's character arc, imho.

11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2021
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So looks like it’s a little later than a March start now.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The character doesn't need redemption for being who he was or the way he was part of the story. It's those outside the films who've been aggressively attacking him that should redeem themselves.

That said, I would like to see more on post-ROTS Jar Jar. He probably stepped down from his position and went back to Ootha Gunga, but you have to wonder, with Naboo now famous for being the Emperor's, would Palpatine accept Gungans to live in peace there? I'd be nice if Jar Jar got to play some role in the formation of the Republic along with Bail Organa.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Lulu Mars and MrDarth0 like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I added spoiler tags to this due to the autoplay video. The audio suddenly starting made me jump. :p

15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its fair to say Star Wars sometimes does tragic things to its characters. Jar Jar going on to be a performer for kids, is his tragic result of order 66. which is far kinda then it could have been. in terms whether we could see Jar Jar again. i believe we could see him at some point in any of these shows. i think Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau would have the balls to bring back Jar Jar. and good on them for that if this is the case, because

Not sure it worked as now i hear DUO audio.:p

My ears are very uncomfortable right now.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What on Earth? I'll remove the video from the quotes. Maybe that'll work. Sorry about your ears. :p

EDIT: I think I fixed it.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I liked it with the dual audio. :(

Lulu Mars likes this.
  18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I figured Luke followed the Force. But on the Clone Wars Yoda goes with R2-D2 to Degobah in order to hear Qui-Gon. That’s the same area Yoda moves to later. So R2 knows the location because he’s been there.

Freeusordie likes this.
  19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
  20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    We actually know what happened to Jar Jar after ROTJ. In the Aftermath novel trilogy, Jar Jar is back on Tatooine working as street clown in Theed, while both the Naboo and Gungans ostracize him because of his role in the Senate.

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, that's Jar Jar.

Lulu Mars and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That's an Angry Fanboy take on Jar Jar's future that I'd be more than happy if they de-canonized. He deserves better.

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I can still hear it lol

24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Goddammit. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I have heard several people say they heard the original concept for the Obi Wan Show was that it was gonna be about the search for Kenobi and that Kenobi was only gonna show up in the last episode. and i wonder if there is any truth to that. obviously, it was changed to focus more on him is so. but i just wonder whether this was an actual thing.