main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I would personally call it and push back each host city one set of games. Japan has probably spent a lot of money investing in their sporting venues and deserves to see those used for the games.

Padme501st likes this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Move the Olympics to Anaheim next August and hold all of the events on the Jedi Temple Challenge obstacle course. Who says no?

ChrisLyne, Amon_Amarth and Padme501st like this.
  3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Re: cancellations, everything is odd. Some events scheduled for the fall have been cancelled whilst some spring events are still planned. Friend works with WonderCon (rescheduled for end of March), and they're still planning to go with it, as of Friday. Admittedly, it is a more local comic-con version focused on SoCal and less on travellers from the rest of the country/world, but it does get big, up to 10s thousands attendees. I'm surprised they haven't called it yet.
    SDCC wasn't selling any tickets - folks who purchased them last year were allowed to carry them over for a new event. Hope vaccination rolls out by July.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  4. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I think WonderCon is gonna be rescheduled. You think they would be announcing guests, or panels by now if it was still in...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I imagine any day now we're going to hear about a wave of cancellations for all the events that are currently scheduled for this spring. There's a bunch of concerts scheduled at Banc Of California Stadium. Even Rage Against The Machine has a tour set to start in the spring and hit a bunch of major cities all through the summer, including Coachella for both weekends. I can't imagine any of that is actually going to happen.

The SDCC Blog did a little write up about where things stand. Again, nothing we don't already know, and they reference the IGN article about the same thing. They do point out that WonderCon is not listed on the Anaheim Convention Center schedule.

https://sdccblog.com/2021/01/state-...diego-comic-con-wondercon-anaheim-2021-stand/

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    In Sweden we don't have any events announced for the spring. The general feeling among people, not organizers, is that we won't get any conventions until autumn at the earliest. There are two pretty big conventions planned for the end of October and early November (both moved from their earlier dates), and the most optimistic are thinking that they might go ahead. The biggest convention of the two has around 30 000 attendees, and the last one was a disaster due to overcrowding, so all restrictions will have to be lifted if that one is going to go ahead as planned. If we get a scenario where they raise maximum guest number to say around 500-1000 (which as what we had for a brief period in the autumn), then there are some small local cons that can go ahead. Like my local one that has less than 1000 spread over three days. We don't know when that will take place though, since the two larger cons I mentioned at first have moved their dates to when the local con takes place, and there's no use having a small local con when all the people involved (including the organizers) wants to go to the bigger cons.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Coachella cancelled. So we should probably expect to hear more about spring events pretty soon.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It looks like some people are getting badges with their orders.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Hope they put any potential badge in my first order as I let a few friends order on my account as well [face_laugh]

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  11. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I saw this (because it was liked by the SW Celebration Twitter account). Kind of wish that they would have included badges with the Stormtrooper pins. I did order a set of mystery pins that has yet to ship, so this makes me hopeful that I’ll get a nice souvenir badge as well.

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  12. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah, anything that is scheduled to be held in California this year might as well prepare to csncel/postpone events. No way will the state be ready...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    While I am thrilled that The Mandalorian received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Drama, I must admit I'm disappointed that @Padme501st, @ChrisLyne and I got completely shut out with The Blue Shadow Looms.

14. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I agree completely. Someone obviously bribed them to overlook us.

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I thought we were a sure thing!!

Yeah, that would have been a fairer way to do it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I got a bill from the customs that I have a US package that I need to pay for. I'm guessing it's my stormtrooper pin, since I don't need to pay any customs fees, just the handling fees that they have seen my package and concluded that I don't need to pay any customs. I love the feeling of paying for a free gift. (and that's basically the Swedish post in a nutshell).

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That sounds like a ridiculous system.

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Up until a couple of years ago they didn't care as long as the value was under a certain treshold, now they take all packages and you have to pay the handling fee to get them.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry @Obi Anne, that sucks. I thought our system could be bad but at least we don’t gets fees on free gifts.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Still didn't get my stormtrooper pin. It's no big deal as I'm not a huge pins person, but it's odd.

Edit: Oh, just realized that I used my work address for the tickets. And our department is no longer delivering mail, but prob hoarding everything in the main office. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You should probably sort that out before badges ship...

23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Still waiting on that WonderCon news...

24. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I just called Reed about an order we made in the last week of the store. they said due to the virus slowing down shipping and mailing, people should have their stuff between Jan. and March! How many of you are still waiting for earlier orders? I received the pint glasses 2 weeks ago and had ordered them at the last minute.

25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Of the 3 orders placed on my account 1 shipped before Christmas and 2 (including mine) haven’t shipped yet.