main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You haven’t even seen a single frame of the show yet. It’s a little early to say that.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Like I need to. Diego Luna can't play a 35 year old forever.

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Why should a 41 year old not be able to play a 35 year old for more than one year?
    And who says that the show won't run over a timeframe that allows for his character to age in the same way as the actor does?

It makes zero sense to make such a claim when you know absolutely nothing about the content of the show.

Bor Mullet, Riv_Shiel and Aah Fisto like this.
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Better Call Saul has a few things to say to viewers who can't buy into a prequel where the actors are aging past their 'original' incarnation. Ultimately, if the writing and performance hit the mark, I really don't care if the actor looks older.

5. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Temuera Morrison's 60 and playing a 41 year old. [Not needed]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021
  6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think its abit harder when its set before certain events because then you can see the difference when you watch them back to back.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    RetropME and cwustudent like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Again... Better Call Saul begs to differ.

8. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Totally agree with the Better Call Saul example (great show, btw). If you can suspend your disbelief enough to allow spaceships, lightspeed travel and space wizards, I'm sure it's not much of a stretch to allow an actor to play a character that is less than ten years younger than him.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Speak for yourself. I was so outraged that Saul looked like he could maybe be kind of slightly and almost imperceptibly but marginally noticeably older than he was in Breaking Bad, that I couldn’t even watch the full teaser trailer.

10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    "Hey. You are not Kevin Costner."

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Admittedly, Andor was not at the top of my most anticipated list, but I just finished watching Narcos: Mexico and, my goodness, Diego Luna is a force of nature! Now, I am really looking forward to what kind of performance he'll be able to achieve in Andor.

Bor Mullet and GregMcP like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    When the camera is even more directly pointed at him, and they can play more with the moral ambiguity or doing bad things for a good cause. Yes indeed.

rumblewagon and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Diego Luna has been a force of nature as an actor since Y Tu Mama Tambien was released almost two decades ago. Too many Star Wars fans assumed he was an obscure actor with little experience, when he’s one of the best actors around, and has been for years.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There must be massive temptation to include Rebels characters, I'm not sure how they'd actually work within the concept of this show though... May be Chopper and Rex???

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Depends on how close it is to ANH.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    It's far enough away that K2 hasn't been liberated yet, may not even be liberated for another 2 seasons. Considering the Ghost and Hera is mentioned in RO, I don't see a problem why Rex and her won't feature in a small way.

my kind of scum likes this.
  20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Star Wars Theory has heard Darth Vader will be in this, possibly even as the lead villain.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    probaly as a minor villain who only gets cameo in this show, I don't think a force user as amain villain. I think Tarkin and other imperials as main villain leads. Also isn't Theory for the most time wrong about things.

22. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    I can't help myself but this series is still super uninteresting for me.

23. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    @Serpico Jones

I can see Vader being the Ernst Stavro Blofield to Andor's James Bond.

I don't think there's one announced series that I don't find interesting, there's a good variety in what is coming and they cover a broad timescale. You've got Andor that seems to be a Star Wars version of James Bond, The Acolyte that will explore the human side of how someone turns to the Dark Side, the self explanatory Kenobi and the New Republic trying to restore law and order the post Empire galaxy in Rangers of the New Republic. I suppose TBOBF is a bit of a mystery so far and could depend on whether you're a fan of the character.

There's likely something for everybody in what's coming.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think rather Tarkin is that guy, I dont see Vader appear more then once a season.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I'd be very surprised if they went that route.

For one, he is connected to the Death Star project, which can't really come up at this point. But more importantly, it's unlikely to be worth the hassle to recreate him like that all the time. It is one thing to do that for a big movie production that sort of has to have him appear if it is supposed to lead right into ANH, and which only features him as a side villain anyway. It's something entirely different to actually have him as main villain with plenty of sceentime in such a tv-show. It's not really something he needs to appear in, which is why I don't think we will see him in any larger capacity. Could he appear? Sure. But I wouldn't count on him or Vader being more than threats that loom in the background, with some new characters being the actual villains.

I'm also not sure if the hero getting the attention of the big bads of the galaxy this early on would be good for the characters. You don't want to run into a scenario where the supposedly strongest and most cunning leaders of the Empire spent years not getting rid of some "lowly" rebels. It's one thing if this simply wasn't a task they deemed important enough to get involved in, but if they do get involved in and don't get the job done, it kind of falls back on them. Using them sparingly and threatingly seems like the better choice to me.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.