main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Damian Lillard hit another game-winning 3 tonight. He does that sometimes.

LloydChristmas and starfish like this.
  2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, that was a crazy shot

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He’s a Detroit player, isn’t he? He’s already being compared to Rodman and Ben Wallace. Problem is, I don’t know if those types are all that valuable today. Plus he has terrible hands and is more of a glass finisher than a dunker, like Gortat. Still, I like him.

He’s all energy and hustle, he seems to bump into people like he is OCD and has to touch every opponent on the floor, he goes after everything, shows signs of being able to guard anyone, and just gets under people’s skin, without being dirty or clownish. He had Boogie and Dwight frustrated and gave them bad games. His energy is annoying, makes everything difficult.

Josh Jackson seems like a Detroit player, too. Same reasons. Provides a spark. Chases down fast breaks.

We could have had Halliburton, too, who I loved, but drafted Killian Hayes instead, who looks like the biggest bust in the draft.

Wiseman has everything everyone is looking for in the modern big. Can space the floor vertically and horizontally and has the length to defend the rim. Wiseman looks like the best player in his draft.

christophero30, Runjedirun and tom like this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he is raw, but if he has the drive to get better i definitely agree.

edit: aww they have klay on the warriors broadcast, i really hope he has a couple good years left. he's my favorite player.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Runjedirun likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

****ing fantastic, man; hope Smart ends up okay, though... nasty fall he took.

Runjedirun likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That game was gas. What a matchup.

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Looks back to quote myself on my "Isaiah Stewart is a steal" post. :cool::p

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Westbrook hates Brooklyn it appears?

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    That was a great win for Washington.

Westbrook looks legitimately healthy. I’m happy for him and for Beal in getting such a great win (redemption 3 after missing the 3 to tie like 4 minutes earlier)

Brooklyn has a legitimate, though obviously forecasted, problem on defense. They really cannot stop anyone when they need to. Unless they make some more moves, it looks like they really are going to try to gun everyone down

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ugh. PJ Washington out against the Sixers.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm sorry in advance.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm sorrier than I anticipated, Tracy.

I can simultaneously love every stat and point we are amassing while being empathetic to the Hornets. Caught us at a bad time. We are feeling every bit of first place and having the coach and player of the month.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Guys. I have a million dollar idea. I'm going to be rich. You know how basketball is a rhythm game? Well I've discovered the secret to unlocking the basketball rhythm within everyone.

It's called Dance Dance Basketball. A basketball training video where I teach people to play basketball to popular music. Do the Utep Two Step to Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. Learn the crossover step back to The Thong Song. Learn all your favorite moves to the beat of your favorite songs! It's so much fun, even grandma will learn to break ankles!

I'm going to be the next Billy Blanks. The next Leroy Smith. The next Tom Emanski. It's gonna be yuge.

14. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I love playing basketball with music, I mean I’m completely terrible, I’m not super athletic, I don’t really like running, and I’m short. My jump shot is ok though. But yeah, whenever there’s no snow on the courts outside I like to play with some tunes.

I usually go with some funky blues or reggae songs

Runjedirun and tom like this.
  15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Does shooting hoops to Hanson count as listening to music while playing basketball?

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it counts!

starfish, CT-867-5309 and Runjedirun like this.
  17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I heard that's how Kyrie developed his game.

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Steph and Luka dueling. Thirty and 21 at the half, respectively.

Steph now has 41, with nine threes, with 7:30 left in the third, and he just hit one from the logo. He’s feeling it. Doncic up to 27. Absolutely no defense from either team.

You should be watching.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah it was a good show

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    dang 57 for Stephen and not enough.

21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Pistons trading Rose to the Knicks for Dennis Smith and draft compensation. Not sure what the picks are, but I guess I'll take whatever. We foolishly traded away a bunch of seconds to unload Luke Kennard, as if he had negative value, so we need to reload.

Rose was electric last year, so I'm sad to see him go. He hasn't been good so far this year, but it's not physical, he just hasn't had his rhythm. It's an odd pickup for the Knicks, but he's a Thibs guy. Guess the young guys here will have to find another mentor.

Smith is/was talented, but he seems like a headcase, or just a lot of drama. He has twice gone away due to some supposed injury, only for the team to later admit it was some drama or whatever. But hey, he was willing to go to the G league to get playing time, so maybe he's humble or hungry enough to fit in here. With Killian Hayes out with a serious injury, Smith has an opportunity to see the floor. We really don't have any other point guards to speak of. Delon Wright is a combo guard and Saben Lee is a rookie who doesn't know what he's doing. Frank Jackson is a combo guard and had no rhythm in the few minutes he's played. We have so little depth at point guard we've had to go to Rodney McGruder, who wasn't even in the rotation at all earlier this year. So Smith has every opportunity to get minutes. He's on the last year of his rookie contract so this might be his last chance to salvage his career. Josh Jackson is in the same situation and is doing well here.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It's still a little odd to be in a universe where the Knicks are making sound basketball decisions.

Reports last year had Rose worth a first round pick at the deadline; they pick him up for a second round pick and a player who hasn't been cracking their rotation. Rose is solid enough that he lifts their chances to get into the play-in tournament. If they win there, it's a fantastic boost as they get proper playoff exposure and maybe whet the appetite for a bigger name to want to go there via trade or free agency. And if they don't get out of the play-in tournament, they get a lottery pick in a pretty loaded class. They didn't surrender any assets of strong value, and they didn't lock themselves into anything long term. Some of this will depend on how they deploy Rose, but starting him to allow Quickley to continue to shine as the star of the second unit would make a lot of sense.

I like the trade for Detroit, too. Getting an extra pick in the upcoming draft is big for that rebuild project they have. It's a draft that's strong at the top, but also deep through about fifty picks. They might have gotten more for Rose closer to the deadline, but he could have gotten hurt, or won them some games and decreased their lottery odds. Smith seems like a decent lottery ticket. Didn't cost much to get him. If he doesn't pan out, it's not a big loss; if he finds a role and develops into a useful rotation player that's a win.

starfish and CT-867-5309 like this.
  23. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Bucks are playing well lately, only caught the first half of last nights game before I fell asleep, looked like a good game though, Jokic is always fun to watch

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Pistons got a nice win over the Nets tonight. Played inspired, confident basketball. Almost everyone had a good night. Glad to see their efforts result in a win for once, they've taken a lot of tough losses despite playing hard and I was afraid it would lead to them quitting on the season.

Also glad to see D-Rose get some buckets for the Knicks tonight. Looks like Austin Rivers was the odd man out. I'm not sorry for him.

tom likes this.
  25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Kinda weird. The last time the Cavaliers played in Denver and I didn't attend the game, LeBron had only played for one NBA team.

LloydChristmas and tom like this.