main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well that worked so well for The Force Awakens, er, The Search for Luke.

MrDarth0 and InterestingLurker like this.
  2. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    I would have died and gone to hell had this concept come to fruition [face_laugh]

InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That sounds highly unlikely to me. Though it depends on what "original concept" refers to. It wouldn't be entirely impossible that someone came up with an idea for the Empire's hunt of Kenobi, before things shifted over to focusing on Kenobi once they got Ewan McGregor to come back in a full role. But even that seems rather unlikely, and would have needed to happened way back before any of the movies came out. Seeing how they originally had talked about doing a movie, Obi Wan couldn't possible have only shown up in the last episode anyway, because there is no episode in a single movie.

There isn't really any reason to assume that once they had McGregor on board it was about anything but Kenobi as the lead. Even more so since the rumours at the time of the writer-change was that they felt the story was too close to the one they told in The Mandalorian, as little as that actually means.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    naw ibo and Shamear like this.
  4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah, as in, not at all, imho.

Shamear likes this.
  5. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    I hope Obi-Wan gets off Tattooine throughout the course of the show. I would love to see him visit more of those pristine white environments like on Kamino, not just tramping around a dusty sandbowl week in, week out.

[​IMG]

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yes, this. The idea of having a Kenobi show has made SW fans SO excited because they wanted to see Ewan as Obi-Wan again. They've waited for this. To sideline him would be the "issues" with Luke in the ST all over again.

Maybe a search for 1 or 2 episodes at most.
    @Lobot's Wig I can see them taking Obi-Wan off of Tatooine for a bit and him leaving the responsibility of watching over Luke to someone else but that not going so well, thus putting Obi-Wan in a predicament. Could add some tension.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well i just kinda wondered whther this was around the time when Disney had not 100% embraced the PT yet.

8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I say it needs to be a different bar each week.

Lulu Mars and Shamear like this.
  9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I had heard the original idea was too close to The Mandalorian, though I don't know how. I mean Obi-Wan was never directly responsible for Luke, he watched over him from afar and perhaps had some occasional interactions with him. So even if he had some interactions with Luke it wouldn't be the same sort of thing. Luke had a home and family, his "problem" was sort of the opposite of Grogu's, who had lost his home and "family" and was in danger all much of the time. Luke lived a basically normal uneventful life which, years later, he ended up being bored with.

I get the feeling it was less the watching out for the kid angle than it was the Space Western angle that was the issue, which is kind of a shame because that really would have fit in a lot of ways. The Mandalorian spent a good deal of time on Tattooine or Tattoine like planets. So they probably wanted to try and have the show focus on something different, have a different type of tone. I do wonder what i'll be like now? I don't mind Obi-Wan going off planet for a chunk of time. I feel like maybe he takes one last stab...so to speak...at getting Anakin to come back to the light.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    That would be the worst possible scenario.

Obi-Wan needs to be the center piece of the show and the main character that is in almost every scene. The show is named after him after all.

11. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    Seeing as how he gets a "mention" in Rogue One, I would like to see him occasionally involved in the formation of the Rebellion. The Mandalorian has done all the "lone guy wandering around" thing. I would like for Obi-Wan to have some real galactic involvement in the more metropolitan environments. Moving around, always trying to stay one step ahead of the Empire and Vader who are searching for him. But, isn't that going to be what Andor covers? Aaaargh - it's too much! [face_laugh]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett and Lulu Mars like this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    If his first line isn't "Hello there", I'll turn it off and never watch another second.

Jedi Knight Fett and Lobot's Wig like this.
  13. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    I would love to see flashbacks to battles during the Clone Wars. Would love to see me some live action Clone Wars era content. I would love if it would be a full-on battle, not just skirmishes.

wobbits and Shamear like this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Nabbing the cinematographer of Oldboy is quite the flex.

naw ibo and Shamear like this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Same here!

16. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    It will be a black comedy, and "Hello there" will be Ewan narrating

[​IMG]

"Hello there. That's me, Ben Kenobi. I wasn't always called Ben, but we'll get to that. This place, is Tattooine. It's where I live. This story starts the day I had to drive over to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters..."

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Will he venture to Kamino and see what's become of it since the war ended? Interesting to see what Palps has had done to this world that was so crucial to him conquering the galaxy, will he destroy it as it could become a threat if the Kaminoan's raised a clone army for another would be dictator???

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Probably had it turned into a desert world to ensure it fit in with the rest. :)

Shamear likes this.
  19. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    According to descriptions of the footage shown to investors, there is concept art of stingray creatures flying above the ocean on a water planet, and concept art of a Jedi defending 3 younglings during Operation Knightfall at the Jedi Temple, so different planets will be shown in either flashbacks or in actual episodes.

wobbits, MrDarth0 and Deliveranze like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that’s more of a Boba Fett show thing

21. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    So, descriptions of concept art shown only to investors and the press describe vague things like "armed soldiers fire upon a many-armed sea creature" and "a stingray-like creature floating above slave workers toiling away in the barren, sandy landscape of Tatooine". This opens up many, many opportunities. Ewan McGregor says that it starts on Tatooine and from there, goes to other planets. There's also concept art of Vader on a throne communicating with someone via hologram, possibly Palpatine, so this does confirm that their fight isn't just a dream sequence, and Vader does have a prominent role. I hope we get tons of characterization for Vader. There's also apparently concept art of Vader and Obi-Wan fighting and an unnamed Jedi defending three younglings as Anakin and the 501st march into the Jedi Temple during Operation Knightfall.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    wobbits and MrDarth0 like this.
  22. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    So, Grogu and two other younglings, then? :yoda:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Grogu is being saved for the Windu show ;p

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't see Boba as the sentimental type who'd visit Kamino, not in the time when TM and TBOBF are set.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not in a sentimental way but because of selfish reasons.