main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I know that there are supposed to be more games coming out. EA doesn't own the rights to make Star Wars games anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got KOTOR remakes followed by another game in the series.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I've always enjoyed the EA Sports games, but I've never really played anything else they have made.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    tourists. smdh. - crow, probably.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Have any of you guys been following the GameStop stuff?

5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I want KOTOR but in the High Republic era before the recent books.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes. It's interesting

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea very. I think everyone and their mother could tell how it would end but very interesting when it lasted a

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I know this may be a pretty basic opinion, but for the most part, you aren't missing much when it comes to their non-sports games.

Well, perhaps more accurately, it's a mixed bag. I love Dragon Age: Inquisition and Jedi: Fallen Order, but their problems aside, I know that the others games they either a) publish or b) make in-house generally have problems to an infamous level (through various factors, not just monetization).

Overall, EA isn't the "worst company" in the West or the world like some people seem to think and they aren't even the worst game company; it's more accurate to call them a mixed bag, imho.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  10. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    About the supposed KOTOR remake, different sources and leaks mentioned how it will be less of a reMAKE and more of a reIMAGINING.

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They're doing a remake of the ME Trilogy, so why not.

Getting KOTOR (and KOTOR 2) done in a new engine with modern gameplay features, and with potentially some new planets, quests and characters, would be pretty awesome.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s gonna be a reimagine to fit with canon

13. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Not just gameplay mechanics and planets, like, story and characters as well. Reimagining them.

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Why change perfection?

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Becuase Disney isn’t gonna do legends content even as a remaster. They’ll change it to fit with lore

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They continued with Legends content with The Old Republic for at least a few years (not sure how long, or if they still make that - haven't kept up).

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They still make the game but any supplementary stuff stopped on 2014.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Since I can say this in the thread @TheSilentInfluence I don’t take anything personally I have been edited by every mod from here to there. If I did I wouldn’t get along with anyone. You guys and gals on the mod team are what keep this place together. I thank you for it

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Your welcome. I appreciate what you've. We all do our part to keep things nice around here. :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
  21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    We do our best.

22. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    Hi everybody. I wish I would have thought about this message board a year ago because I *LOVE* The Mandalorian and especially *LOVE* talking about all aspects of the show.

True confession: I have been living this century ON THE DARK SIDE. I was once a huge fan who -- alas, became disillusioned when SW: TPM came out. At that time, I became the leader of a rag-tag group of Jedi Council 'rebels' who posted here called The TPM Bashers. I don't know how it is here anymore but back then the Mods here were not too keen on posters who disliked anything about the new film. We weren't banned but we had to be very careful about expressing our opinions. I suspect that's why Darth Derringer became known as The Dark Lord of Sarcasm. Those turbulent times here on The Jedi Council were actually highlighted in an honest-to-goodness book written about Star Wars fandom back in the early aughts.

But when you've become a disillusioned SW fan, the interest in posting eventually goes away because you've lost your passion. Star Wars became 'something I used to love.' But last summer, the wife and I subscribed to Disney+ to watch the original stage version of Hamilton -- and decided to give The Mandalorian a look-see.

My first reaction to my wife at the end of Episode 1 was: OMIGAWD, now THAT was Star Wars!

We ended up bing-watching the whole season within a few days (which I don't recommend to anyone - each episode needs to be savored individually.) I was a big fan of the whole season. One of the best parts of this past godawful pandemic year was the excitement and anticipation each week this past fall of watching all the new Mando episodes. The first half of the season was a lot of fun - I loved each one. BUT - something happened when we watched THE JEDI episode. The original passion that I had for ANH and ESB got completely reignited. And each episode afterwards just kept elevating the series to higher and higher heights. It was like my old first love had returned: I had fallen in love with Star Wars again. The PASSION was back, baby!!!

Looking back, it's mindboggling to me that the people involved in a four billion dollar franchise apparently had no clue what made the vast majority of SW fans tick -- until Jon Favreau came along with Dave Filoni as his sidekick. Anyhoo, I look forward to getting into some good discussions about The Mandalorian and the future of the Favoiniverse.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Gamma626, Sarge and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @Darth Derringer

Welcome back! I'm glad you like the Mandalorian so much. It's a shame the third season is so far away, but if you are into the animated shows, Bad Batch is coming out May 4th.

Also not sure you should call Filoni a sidekick. :p He is just as equally responsible for the Mandalorian as Favreau is. The Jedi episode would not have been as good as it was without him.

24. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    Thanks for the welcome -- and my apologies for calling Dave Filoni a mere sidekick. :)

I'm of the opinion that The Jedi episode of Mando is about as close to perfection as a Star Wars can get so I'm way up there on the Dave Filoni fan scale. But that said, I don't think it's a coincidence that Jon Favreau is responsible for: 1) creating Elf, this generation's must-watch annual Christmas show; 2) kick starting the MCU with Iron Man; and 3) revitalizing Star Wars with The Mandalorian.

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome and no worries. :)

I see what you mean. Favreau is a really good director/creator. I'm not doubting that at all. Plus, it will be interesting to see if he does anything else for Star Wars once The Mandalorian ends. I imagine he and Filoni will be working together for a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.