main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Falcon & Winter Soldier [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, May 20, 2019.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's going to be a empty week between Wandavision and Falcon and Winter Solider where we all have to figure out what to do with our lives but I'm thinking they'll add another trailer/character recap to the Marvel Visionaires series on D+ covering Sam and Bucky so that'll be about 12 minutes.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That week can be used to binge all the MCU properties.

3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Don’t suppose anyone knows where Cap put the Time Stone? Asking for a friend.......

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.
  5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    That looks great! Keep it coming Marvel.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, Marvel seems to be completely incapable producing bad content.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    When did this air? I've been watching the Super Bowl the whole time and did not see this or hear about this until and hour later.

8. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I think it was early in the first quarter

TiniTinyTony and mnjedi like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    First commercial break of the 1Q I believe. It was a short spot with theoretically the full trailer online.

Sarge and TiniTinyTony like this.
  10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Iron Man 2 & 3
    Ant Man
    The Inhumans
    The Defenders
    Iron Fist

Darth Smurf likes this.
  11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Eternals will be the big test. I still have little interest in that film despite the cast.

In comparison Falcon and Bucky are fairly safe because they are established characters. I will say though that I was very impressed by the effects. There was no apparent lack of quality we’d see with other hero tv shows. Falcon looks great.

Also Wocky- important to note that Inhumans, Iron Fist and Defenders were not a Feige Marvel Studio project. It was Marvel TV and the fault lies with Perlmutter and Marvel TV.

As to the others you cite, none are truly “bad” movies. And the reviews kind of make that clear. They don’t have a true “bomb” yet. But they have come close with Iron Man 2 and Thor 2.

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    More Jeph Loeb than Perlmutter though he was in charge of the TV division because Perlmutter wanted him to be.

Yodaminch likes this.
  13. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I wonder who called Sam and Bucky on this mission (whatever the mission is about)? Do they go on their on volition or does Rhodey call them or Sam in. Who is left of the Avengers even. Rhodey, Hulk, Sam seem only active members. Bucky, Scott and Peter haven't joined yet. Steve is out. Vision, Tony and Nat dead. Clint left the avengers right. Wanda is not well. Who will be representing the Gov't pushing US Agent. Is Gen Ross in this show. Why are Sam and Bucky working with Zemo or are they. Will they have Steve dead or in retirement home. I just need this show now. The ad is so far focusing on action and dynamic between Sam/Bucky and keeping all the story elements and US Agent hidden. I hope the last trailer focuses on story and human element. I don't want casuals thinking this is MCU's fast and furious especially after the high of Wandavision everyone is on.
    Does the world think Steve is dead or is the mcu officially killing him.
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Perlmutter was the penny pincher. He wouldn’t give the shows the cash. Inhumans was the biggest example. And we all know they rushed out Iron Fist before the actors were ready. But yeah, Loeb can have all the blame for managing to botch the Defenders.

But yeah, Perlmutter almost stopped RDJ in Civil War. He’s the reason Feige managed to get himself moved under Disney. And now Feige has total control over tv having essentially fired Loeb and taken over.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... but I liked The Defenders? :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I did too. Until they made a stupid decision at the halfway point. A poor villain is why the series fell apart. But the budget is what killed it. Kun Lun in particular was what did it in because they simply never had the money to do anything with that. Sort of really makes the final battle really underwhelming.

ThisIsTheWay likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The trailer for TFATWS...[face_love]=D=[face_love]

Looking forward to this series.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    isn't Bucky still a wanted man?

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's no fake CGI Herkybird, that's the real deal Lockheed C-130H3. It looked exactly like the ones I spent 20 years on, except for some kind of non-standard overhead lights in the cargo compartment. Definitely not a movie set, all the details, parts, tools, equipment, systems, everything was real. I could smell it just by looking at the pictures.

20. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    That Wakandan arm looks **** good on the Buckster.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Defenders was hardly "botched". It didn't live up to its Avengers-analog potential, but it still has some of the best moments of the entire MCU (Chinese Drive-Through FTW).

Kun Lun didn't really pull it back (at least not in Defenders)- I think the only place the budget really affected things was that they clearly wanted to build towards a dragon and couldn't afford to do a dragon (which they might have gotten away with a few years earlier but they were contemporaneous with GOT which only magnified the issue). But the end brawl was still pretty satisfying, I thought (plus the gathering of supporting characters lent more personal consequences to events than most films could accomplish). And the overall climax worked to make DDS3 and IFS2 better shows.

Rew likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The trailer was amazing. Looking forward to more Sam and Bucky interactions.

Ant man was great, thank you very much.

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    After getting rid of Thanos and the Blip, I wonder if that even matters anymore?

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I’d say testimony provided by Cap, evidence provided via Wakandan tech, Wakandan diplomatic pressure, and participating in combat resulting in reversing The Snappening probably went pretty far in lightening any penalties he might’ve faced.