main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    My gorgeous etsy pins/stickers that I got from the UK are on their way! The Kylo below the one in the upper right corner wasn't exactly the one that I thought that I'd ordered, but it's nice so I'm fine with it.

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and cathiecat like this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Round 1 of etsy pins showed up.

The lady w/ the Disneyworld pins sent me the wrong Vinylmation pin but the 2 Solos, and Luke from ESB came fine.

Also got my gorgeous TFA Rey. It's like 2" and huge! It's sooo pretty.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here's my pin collection so far!

[​IMG]

Got the Fathier pin today - it's so cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gamiel and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My pin collection is exploding. Here are a few updated pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know I've gone completely pin nuts - I've figured out why, I used to avidly collect political buttons, so this is sort of an extension of that.

I highly recommend this store KelickCoCreations on Etsy - they just dropped the most gorgeous Padme/Rey/Leia pin for only $20. They did my lovely AOTC Padme and ROS Rey meditating pins. They also have a nice heart pin w/ Anakin/Padme. (I just bought that and the 3 ladies pin.)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Going to see right now!!! Apparently it’s already sold out!! Arg!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Not surprising - it was very pretty and for a good price. The Senator Amidala pin is still available and is lovely

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I have a couple pins but they either came from Box Lunch or the Disney store. I can't find the ones that came in my Smuggler's Bounty boxes. Every so often I see one I like on etsy but I am really picky about how faces are drawn so not many too many appeal to me.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I don't overly like designs where they're super cutesy Japanese kiddy looking. I have one set like that but just because they're A/P. I think I'm about to slow down on buying them. I've got boards sorted out into nearly every film and Mando, plus one for oddball pins. They're not all full (of course) but I've got enough now that I feel like I can stop buying so many pins.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I know I mentioned last year that we had a bunch of Star Wars stuff stolen out of a storage POD. Today I managed to finish reorganizing the mess that was created in the POD(please don’t fault me on how many months it took to finish, with my wreck this summer just wasn’t up to it till now) in any event I held out hope for my 3 3/4” collection to be unearthed, but it was not to be. Officially I can say that every MOC Queen Amidala/Padme figure are gone. It breaks my heart! I worked very hard through the years for those figures! Just hurts! Also gone are my Bail with Leia baby and Obi Wan with Luke, my Beru, my Queen Breha, all my Anakin’s, Vader’s, Luke’s, Basically every single unopened 3 3/4” carded figure I had is gone! I will probably never be able to collect all that again. At least not at the price I originally paid for them.

the worst of it though is that when Cheryl (RebelMom) died her husband gave me all her old Star Wars 12” dolls and figures, they are all gone now too. It breaks my heart to lose those dolls and figures. Those cannot be replaced at all. They were irreplaceable.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you had any limited edition items stolen and you have the item number feel free to publicize them here. (Staring a new thread would probably be best). I wouldn't hold out much hope for the regular figures though.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Fortunately all of my more expensive stuff from sideshow, hot toys, gentle giant, figuarts, etc. anything that has limited edition #’s we’re not packed up yet and once the POD got broken into we never put another thing inside the POD. We tried for a few months to find stuff around town but they didn’t get the police report ready for three months, so by the time I could prove what was missing with a police report the prime time for finding our stuff kind of went out the window. Especially because I wouldn’t even add my 3 3/4” figures, and 12” Luke’s, and other male characters to the stolen list, I guess I figured as long as they weren’t on the list I could believe they were still buried under something in the POD. Not really smart thinking on my part but it is where my mind was at the time

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    In any event I am hoping to get a bit of help from everyone here on finding a complete list of all Hasbro Queen Amidala/Padme 3 3/4” figures that exist. So I can start slowly buying replacements. I know lot’s of them, but not all, I lost track of all the different issues of some costumes like TPM battle dress and AOTC geonosis arena, Ect. I am sure there must be a complete list somewhere. Me a major Padme Amidala collector and I don’t know them all by heart.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    great, I am a regular on the arizona board there, I will check out the photo archive. I think there are like thirty of them or close to it. My roommate told me he would buy my hot toys Ahsoka figure for me for Christmas. I was talking about the sadness over it and he said if I would rather he will buy the 3 3/4 " figures for me instead.
    I don't know how many he can buy me but he said make and list and add it up and he will tell me what he will get me!! I am so ecstatic I could cry! Where should I check for available figures other than ebay?
    He has been the source of almost all of my Padme/Queen Amidala collection through the years. He just loves buying stuff for people, He's a pretty wonderful guy. I feel very bad for getting upset with him sometimes. I am bi-polar and not always easy to get along with. We are not connected in any way, just offered him a place to live when he ran out of money one time about ten years ago and he never left. It was and is a tight squeeze with him taking my daughters bedroom. But now that my son has moved out I took over the living room and my daughter has the other bedroom to herself.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Since you are a regular there you could also try asking if anyone has a list of the figures you are after. (I have an ID there but I'm not a frequent user).

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You might want to check Toy Anxiety in northern Phoenix. They're a local toy store and get tons of 3 3/4" figures. They have them carded and loose. Loose figures are usually reasonable - particularly the 12" Hasbro line. I know you're in Tuscan and that's not close - but you could call them - let them know what you're looking for and ask what they've got in stock. If they have a bunch of what you're looking for you could make a trip of it or they can probably ship you stuff.

Here's the page w/ all of the Hasbro figures. http://rebelscum.com/hasbro.asp

I'd work on a spreadsheet w/ year, collection, name of figures. Then you can work on checking them all off as you get them back.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    cathiecat likes this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Checking on ebay it looks like you can replace the Red Senate gown and Black Travel gown dolls pretty reasonably. The Purple one has skyrocketed - they're saying it was an FAO Schwartz exclusive. I don't remember that but that appears to be why she's pricey. Leia portrait edition isn't too bad.

Were your Forces of Destiny dolls also taken?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    No, actually the only 12” that are gone are all the male figures. There were three Luke’s’ from Cheryl , a few Anakins, and Vaders, a few 10”, 12” applause figures. I will check with toy anxiety. The ones that are going to be hardest are the 3 3/4 padme peasant disguise, and both of the animated clone wars figures. I spent hours on eBay Friday trying to do it but I held back. Wanted $60 for peasant. I am going to search for Luke’s, and anakins this weekend online.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Are you talking about the vintage collection peasant disguise w/ the fabric dress? I think I have one loose and one carded. If I've got them both you can have my carded version. It'll be a while before I find it. A) my room is in chaos. B) I'm on the recovery end of COVID. I have no intention of sending you anything while I'm infected.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am sorry to hear you got Covid19, I hope it hasn’t been a severe case for you. Will say prayers for you.
    As for the possibility of the peasant disguise VC figure, that would be awesome. Certainly take all the time you need. In fact I feel bad even mentioning it given your current illness, but wanted to let you know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  23. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    That's a pretty cool reference.

I grabbed two PT era t-shirts from Box Lunch the other day. Vintage looking Phantom Menace poster style and one with the shot of little Ani walking away in the sane with the Vader shadow behind him.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I always loved that shadow poster, I remember showing my son that poster at the theater before he was even three years old, poor guy was not even three when I took him to see the OT in theaters, somehow he thinks he remembers seeing all three OT movies in the theater. I know that there is no way he can remember seeing them. Or at least not entire scenes as he claims to remember, but I am proud to be able to say he was in fact in the theater when they rereleased them in 1997. His first Star Wars toy was the Luke he got at the theater when we went to the release of Return of the Jedi. I bought up all the toys I could afford in 1997 and put them back so he would get them that Christmas. Then I have to say he does truthfully remember going to see TPM though. He remembers skipping school, he remembers standing in line, getting his picture in the newspaper. We went immediately to Kay Bee's after the movie was over and bought anything he wanted. I also picked up my first two Padme Amidala's and by Christmas that year my living room was a tribute to Queen Amidala and Braiden's bedroom looked like every toy in the Star Wars universe had arrived in his room. We skipped nothing. I am so happy and pleased that when it came to lifelong loves my son chose Star Wars over my ex-husband's fishing gear. You would never know my son by knowing his father, he came out of my womb a Star Wars baby. I was reading every SW book I could get my hands on in 1994 when he was born, he never had a chance to love anything else. LOL

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well you know, children get their intelligence from their mother....so your son's love of Star Wars came from you. lol.

I'm back to feeling human again. COVID isn't great but it wasn't the worst bug I've ever had. I still don't recommend anyone just going out and trying to get it. It's weird, it affected everyone in our house differently. I now understand why our healthcare professionals are going out of their minds trying to figure out how to combat this thing.

On the plus side by next month I should be fully ready to have my friend come over and help me get my room together. I need tons of boxes taken out, my desk taken down, a bookshelf needs it's back put back on again, then I can get more bookshelves and get everything out and on display.

cathiecat likes this.