main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Clive Owen as Dengar or bust.

ewoksimon likes this.
  2. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Take this with a grain of salt, no, more like a big chunk of salt, but I thought it was worth sharing.

I found a post on Reddit by a guy who's allegedly friends with someone working directly on The Book of Boba Fett, and he gave some details to this guy. Again, take this with a grain of salt, but the other guy on Reddit was right about Baby Yoda's name being Grogu, so it is still worth sharing. Here goes. Possible spoilers ahead.
    There is a Rodian character who acts as Boba's rival, which people on the set call "Reelo."
    There will be a Sarlacc flashback, but this time around, Bossk rescues Boba. Bossk is also essential to Boba's story here.
    It is a limited series, 8 episodes or less, but they will make a second season IF it is recieved well.
    Fennec and Boba stick together most of the time, but there is an exception in an episode where one of them goes to Nar Shaddaa.
    8t88's head appears in the Nar Shaddaa episode. As in, this 8t88.
    [​IMG]
    Take this with a nice helping of salt but it is worth sharing nonetheless.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    True or not, these are entertaining the imagination. :)

Cyber Spark likes this.
  4. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Oh, for sure. It would be amazing if these are true.

DannyD likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also I don’t know why but this show will definitely be received well. You have the men behind the Mandalorian on this. I don’t see it doing bad enough where it wouldn’t get more seasons

Zoe Con and Crod1992 like this.
  6. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thanks for sharing. this sounds great.

RetropME and Cyber Spark like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If Robert Rodriguez doesn’t have Temuera Morrison sing this song I’ll be extremely disappointed

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    In retrospect, I'm a bit surprised that Slave 1 survived on Tatooine for five years completely unscathed. I'm guessing Fett parked it somewhere out of sight from Jabba's Palace.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  9. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Was Boba in the Sarlaac for five years though? I was under the impression he escaped relatively quickly, chilled with the Tuskens for a bit, and then encountered Din.

10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    How about Jonathan Banks?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    We still don’t really know exactly what happened. It’s entirely possible he escaped quickly, but then spent a few years recovering from the injuries and trauma (and possibly anything else, like my pet theory he was a spice addict and had to cleanse himself of it.)

12. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    No different than the unknown time between ROTJ and TFA that the Falcon was sitting in the Jakku dessert.

Heck, Luke’s X-Wing was submerged in water for just as long, maybe even longer and that thing dried up and worked just as good as new[face_laugh]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Let's be honest, none of those things are narratively awesome, any more than there being a giant, structurally stable chunk of the DS2 lying around on a moon after it was visually seen basically disintegrating. In fact, when it really comes own to it, Slave I is the mildest headscratcher of the bunch. (The only weird part of it, really, is why Boba was still on Tatooine at all if he had that sweet ride ready to go.)

14. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Well they're designed to fly through the vacuum of space and into a vast amount of different types of atmosphere's so it kind of makes sense they'd be air & water tight.

15. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Well I think it's pretty clear that the sarlacc belched up the armor some time before Boba himself escaped. And then his primary concern after surviving was tracking down the armor, which he somehow figured was still on Tatooine.

16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The Sarlaac opened Boba Fett like a tin of sardines?

Sarge and clone commander bossk like this.
  17. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Welp, new Boba Fett led comic book mini-series starts in May that takes place in between ESB and ROTJ so I suppose we’ll get some answers then. Until something in live-action or a future novel contradicts it[face_laugh]

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It's probaly end right before ROTJ.

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    In the old Tales of Bounty Hunters or may be it was Tales of Jabba's Palace, Slave 1 was parked in a hangar that was part of Jabba's palace. Boba arrives back there with Dengar, sans armour and badly burnt to find it almost deserted, it was Dengar that had left his ship in Mos Eisley and had just escaped after being tied up in a desert valley to be killed by the Teeth of Tatooine. The way Filoni works it wouldn't be a surprise if that was brought into canon in some shape or form.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Canon will replace Dengar with Boosk as he was his old partner and guardian. Also Boosk is at Jabb's sail barge.

21. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I'd think if Boba left Slave 1 at the palace, those who stayed behind would have claimed it after Jabba's death, whether Bib Fortuna or whoever else. Judging by Boba's return to the palace at the end of Mando season 2, I don't think he'd been back there since ROTJ.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think Boba had Slave 1 booby trapped, anybody who tried to enter would be fried :D

Sarge and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well whatever he did it worked as no one seemed to have touched the the thing

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Cyber Spark and Django Fett like this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Even desert dweller Fett seems to be wearing very similar Mandalorian style boots as the Armorer and this show's Mando's. He also sports their typical gloves and hand armor plating. So I don't think he was without help nor his ship for very long. The sudden quest to get the armor is however strange, like he only wants that set of armor which in neo-canon somehow been the same as Jango's and something with the DNA stuff. Fett was always a cobble together bits of stolen or black market Mando armor, but this seems not changed to this armor in particular all of a sudden is very important and personally always his.

Bossk or Dengar(Rothgar Deng by The Mandalorian?) or even Sand People are interesting theories. But also possible he killed some Tuskens and took their weapons. Dengar would follow Dark Empire's storyline, which they may or may not re-use to some extent or form.

Problem with Sarlaccs or Sarlacc-like creatures, is that it seems like not such a big deal to escape from them. Going by the Mamacore scene in The Mando recently the armor, rocket back and blasters would've been enough. We've seen Blixus' get killed and Jedi escape, similarly with the Vixus creature. In The Force Unleashed the giant Sarlacc on Felusia basically gets de-toothed and Imperials are able to go inside the creature to exploit it, and later Starkiller enters via a lift to search for Leia.

But I kinda tend to wild spec theorize that perhaps Boba Fett had help from a certain Sith Lord that "died" on Tatooine and is possessed and has two consciousness and personalities. It could explain Fett's stranger behavior on this show, his more independent and self serving persona but with some form of personal code of honor , his Sith-like robes he now wears, his sardonic and distaste towards Bo-Katan and his highly unusual extreme dislike and ruthlessness towards Imperials and his sudden shock that the Empire is back(which means The Emperor is back). Also taking the throne is very Maul-like. Sith/Dathomirians do have spirits and can transfer themselves to others. His relationship with a what was a dead Fennec(who goes back to the Clone War era or not long after criminal underworld) and somehow saving her is odd too . Perhaps there is something more going on with him than meets the eye.

25. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I suspect he knew Vanth had the armor for quite some time. For whatever reason he didn’t take it, maybe it was one of those “I’ll get to it eventually” sort of things. Vanth respects the armor, bought it fairly and is an honorable dude doing honorable stuff. Plus he’s not going to leave Tatooine so Fett can check up on him whenever. It’s only when Din takes it and starts heading off world that it becomes a now or never situation, so Boba had to act before he loses track of it forever.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021