main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics War of the Bounty Hunters - Boba Fett Crossover Comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Coherent Axe, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    https://www.starwars.com/news/boba-fett-marvel-teaser-exclusive

Boba Fett Stars in Cryptic New Teaser from Marvel – Exclusive
    See the mysterious image and stay tuned to StarWars.com.
    Boba Fett looks ready for battle. That can’t be good.

StarWars.com is excited to reveal a mysterious and striking teaser image from Marvel featuring the legendary bounty hunter. Check it out below!

[​IMG]

Fett is depicted with a blaster in one hand and a spear in the other, standing in front of a wall that looks shelled from heavy fire. The words “Boba Fett…Nowhere to Hide” grace the bottom of the teaser.

But what does it all mean? Come back to StarWars.com tomorrow to find out.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Means you'll be paying $5 an issue?

3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    It means there's going to be a comic or comics with Boba Fett in it, obviously.

More speculatory, just from the picture and the words, it seems like it might be a "the hunter becomes the hunted"-type situation where all the other bounty hunters are going after him for some reason.

Pre-Sarlacc judging by his outfit.

4. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
  5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's not quite the same one but his blaster reminds me of Jango's.

Cyber Spark and Jedi Daniel like this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hmm...pre or post Jedi?

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    It seems to be that Boba did not regain his armor until the point in which we see him in The Mandalorian, at which point he's bulkier, wearing a skirt and not pants, has an ammo belt instead of a cargo/utility belt, and no longer has his cape, codpiece, those braids of hair dangling from his right shoulder, etc. Then his updated "cleaned up" outfit an episode or two brings back a utility belt, but with a different pouch layout, and now he has, of course, pristine repainted armor, new shoulder guards that are much smaller than his pre-Sarlacc ones, a dark turtleneck sort of thing, and he's still wearing the skirt and lacking the codpiece, cape, and braids.

Or as I put it more succinctly above:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It's nice to see that after years of being banished to the realm of comic book cameos and From A Certain Point Of View short stories the Fett man is finally becoming a major player in the EU side of Star Wars again.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Intriguing.

10. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
  11. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    Honestly, with Soule involved, I feel like this is going to be some sort of cross-over with BH and the main-line Star Wars comic. It would be super cool for sure, although I was kinda expecting/hoping for a cross-over between all 4 comic series in the same time-period

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You might get something like that one day, Marvel regularly do far bigger crossover events.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Boba hasn't exactly been all over the Bounty Hunters comic as it seemed so I'd be fine with him getting a nu-Shadows of the Empire post ESB story. Right now I don't think anyone knows he's running around with Han in his storage shed.

14. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Bam.

Boba Fett Will Take on the Galaxy’s Worst in Marvel’s Epic War of the Bounty Hunters – Exclusive
    Charles Soule tells StarWars.com all about the upcoming crossover event starring the legendary bounty hunter.
    Back in 2019, writer Charles Soule created a big pitch document for Marvel’s flagship Star Wars series. It outlined his plans for the title, but also included was one specific story he was itching to write.

Boba Fett clearly doesn’t take Han Solo directly to Jabba’s palace,” Soule tells StarWars.com. “Something had to happen in between that intervening time between Empire and Jedi. And I was like, ‘I would like to tell that story, and I would like it to be about Boba Fett and what happens to him.”

Finally, Soule will get his chance. Following yesterday’s mysterious teaser image of Boba Fett, StarWars.com is excited to announce War of the Bounty Hunters, an epic crossover in the Merry Marvel tradition that will indeed reveal what Fett experienced on his journey to deliver Solo. Running from May through October, it all kicks off with War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha #1 from Soule and artist Steve McNiven (“I think it’s the best work he’s maybe ever done,” Soule says; you can get a first look at the cover and interior art below) on May 5, and will then spin out into Marvel’s entire post-Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back line, including Star Wars, Bounty Hunters, Darth Vader, and Doctor Aphra. The five-issue War of the Bounty Hunters miniseries from Soule and Luke Ross, which will anchor the story, begins in June. From the sound of it, it wasn’t exactly smooth space sailing from Cloud City to Tatooine.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

“The main story that we’re dealing with is a Boba Fett-focused crime epic, that involves Boba Fett going up against some of the heaviest hitters in the galaxy. It’s Jabba the Hutt. It’s Black Sun. It’s Darth Vader. And a bunch of others — factions and so on — that I think will be really interesting for the fans,” says Soule. “It’s basically Boba Fett, by himself, against all of these people.”

And what could make Boba Fett take on the galaxy’s worst? There could be only one thing.

“Boba Fett is in possession of Han Solo at the end of Empire Strikes Back, and at the beginning of War of the Bounty Hunters, he is not,” says Soule. “And he is going to do everything he can to get him back, no matter what. No matter who is standing in his way.”

While the inspiration for the story comes from Soule, he’s quick to point out that the overall event is a true collaboration between himself and several of Marvel’s Star Wars creators, including writers Greg Pak (Darth Vader), Alyssa Wong (Doctor Aphra), and Ethan Sacks (Bounty Hunters). “My co-writers on this story, and all of the great artists that we’re working with, it’s a fantastic team. This might’ve come from my brain to a degree, but we’re all adding things to it, and we’re all adding really interesting things to it,” he says. “Everybody’s getting to tell their own story within this over-arching plot of Boba Fett trying to get what’s his.”

War of the Bounty Hunters will be the biggest Star Wars story Marvel has told thus far. And while he can’t say much, Soule promises it will have an impact.

War of the Bounty Hunters is a story about Boba Fett doing his thing, but it builds into something much bigger, and that’s what the best comic crossovers and big stories do. They tell a great story in and of themselves, but they’re also the start of something, and they open a lot of new doors. And this story will absolutely do that.”

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    McNiven!? Everyone else is going to have to up their art.

Also, there's a good chance of this getting an OHC / Omnibus edition, as it's an event tale. Which then needs OHCs for the material leading up to it and this looks to start at #13 for the ongoings leaving neat 12 issue blocks for those.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Perfect time, for Prince Xixor with the includes of black sun.?

17. KirKanosForever

KirKanosForever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2008
    Hmm. I enjoyed Shadow of the Empire the first time. This will obviously be different, but I do hope Black Sun is made prominent and explored across a few different points in the timeline cohesively. As much as I liked SOTE, it'd have been better with some lead-in involving Xizor and Black Sun ahead of time. The Legends version of Black Sun was very scattershot-ly developed

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  18. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thing is Bantam were winging it. TTT and DE had proved there was an audience for more SW product, but less clear cut as to what it should be. Solution? Try stuff out.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I lol at Vader wanting Solo for his stunt on his ship.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ah the old days back when TTT and DE didn't even bother to really mention the other (Though I guess that's more a Zahn thing)...Although DE 2 eventually brought in the twins...and thankfully books like the Jedi Academy Trilogy and Kevin J Anderson decided to pull stuff from the comics.

What a time, what a time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For a good few years I had a running joke that the EU was ran by duelling dark lords - Veitch-Anderson vs Zahn-Stackpole.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Barriss_Coffee and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

lol...That's....That's kinda really true ain't it.

Especially that one could honestly read the Zahn-Stackpole stuff with reading the Veitch -Anderson stuff and you wouldn't be completely loss.

Granted Zahn's book sorta do form their own little Mini-Expanded Universe , something that continues to this very day. Or as I call it ...The Thrawnaverse

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/boba-fett-ignites-the-war-of-the-bounty-hunters
    Announced earlier today on StarWars.com, WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS, an upcoming Star Wars crossover event, will begin in May. The event will kick off with WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1, written by Charles Soule and drawn by Steve McNiven. From there, the event will tie into Marvel’s entire post-Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back lineup including STAR WARS, STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS, STAR WARS: DARTH VADER, and STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA, starting with special prelude issues throughout May. The crossover continues in June, centering around a five-issue WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS miniseries from Soule and artist Luke Ross. The epic story will see the entire galaxy from the Rebellion to the Empire at war for the greatest prize of all: Han Solo!

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1 cover by Steve McNiven
    The notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett is on route to Tatooine to collect the massive bounty placed on Han Solo’s head by the fearsome crime lord Jabba the Hutt. But no one said it would be easy. The hunter becomes the hunted as pursuers from all corners of the galaxy set their sights on Boba and his precious cargo. Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Doctor Aphra, the galaxy’s deadliest bounty hunters, and more are all on a collision course that will reveal surprising new details about this long-unexplored era in the Star Wars mythos.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #13 cover by Carlo Pagulayan
    “I remember the chill that ran down my spine when I saw Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back for the first time and the bounty hunters all came on screen. They only appeared for a split second, but left a lasting impact. And it's a dream come true we can bring them all to life again, and pit them against each other, in STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS, our first big galaxy-spanning crossover of the post-ESB era,” Editor in Chief CB Cebulski said. “Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, IG-88... all hot on the trail of Boba Fett, looking to score the biggest bounty out there... Han Solo!”

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #12 cover by Mattia De Iulis
    “WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS is a story about Boba Fett doing his thing, but it builds into something much bigger, and that’s what the best comic crossovers and big stories do. They tell a great story in and of themselves, but they’re also the start of something, and they open a lot of new doors. And this story will absolutely do that,” Soule told StarWars.com in an exclusive interview.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #12 cover by Aaron Kuder
    Fans will also be able to pick up a special Director’s Cut version of STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1, complete with Steve McNiven’s mind-blowing black and white art and more incredible bonus features. Head over to StarWars.com now for the full announcement, including a first look at interior artwork, and be there when Boba Fett fires the first shot of the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS this May!

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #10 cover by Sway
    STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Art and Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    On Sale 5/5

STAR WARS #13
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Art by RAMON ROSANAS
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    On Sale 5/12

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #12
    Written by ETHAN SACKS
    Art by PAOLO VILLANELLI
    Cover by MATTIA DE IULIS
    On Sale 5/19

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #12
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art by GUIU VILANOVA
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    On Sale 5/26

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #10
    Written by ALYSSA WONG
    Art by RAY-ANTHONY HEIGHT
    Cover by SWAY
    On Sale 5/26

ColeFardreamer and Cynda like this.
  25. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    That's Boba's classic Sacros K-11 Disintegrator Pistol!
    Damn, this looks awesome! Can't wait for this, can't wait for The Book of Boba Fett!